PDA

View Full Version : Sioux vs Bison

D
01-25-2004, 06:15 AM
There is a silver lining despite the Bison loss tonight. *If I were a Bison fan, God forbid *:D, I would be ecstatic knowing my team went 3-1 on the 2 toughest road-trips of the year. *I will guarantee that Miles told the team after the game to not dwell on the loss, because they control their own destiny......and at home. *It sets up an interesting next 2 weeks of Sioux v Bison action. *What will decide both men's games, I can tell you right now. *It is the match-up of Lindahl vs whomever the Bison put on him, and vise-versa. *He will be very difficult for Green and Erbes to matchup with, and on the other hand, Green presents some real problems for Lindahl with his quickness on the offensive end. *Erbes will have an extremely difficult time with Lindahl on the perimeter, and I'd assume that May would take him when May and Erbes are on the floor together. *This Lindahl vs the BIson PF's and whichever team wins it will decide who wins the game, I'd bet the farm on it.

JBB
01-25-2004, 06:34 AM
The game against und, whomever they are because Ive never heard of them unless they played St. Johns or something, doesnt mean much. A cellar deweller against a nationally competitive team means the upset can only be made by this und club. Even if they manage to win it doesnt mean much.

DIBISON
01-25-2004, 08:00 AM
Lindahl is only one player. He may impact the game somewhat, but the Bison as a team will wear down the Siouxage. I'll take the Bison and their depth over a couple of players. Besides, Lindahl is too soft, slow, and inconstent. But for a ND kid he's not too bad!

BisonMav
01-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Lindahl still has to prove himself after he let his team down in the ND Class B championship game a couple years ago. He looked like he gave up in the last five minutes of the game. He has more of a team around him than he did at Cando, and Glas is a better coach than his dad. Glas won't let him quit and will let him know that the world doesn't revolve around Evan. I assume the other UND players will let him know he shouldn't quit on them either. I would be more concerned about someone like Austin having a breakout game.

Bison4Life
01-25-2004, 05:44 PM
I can watching a couple of Lindahl play a couple of games in high school, and the main thing that stuck out to me was that all he did was shoot 3 pointers. He never really posted up and scored in the post, granted Glas will probably make him doing being a better coach than his dad of course. But thats just my 2 cents worth.

D
01-25-2004, 06:20 PM
I can watching a couple of Lindahl play a couple of games in high school, and the main thing that stuck out to me was that all he did was shoot 3 pointers. *He never really posted up and scored in the post, granted Glas will probably make him doing being a better coach than his dad of course. *But thats just my 2 cents worth.

That is exactly what makes him so dangerous. How many D2 teams have a 6-10 PF who mives extremely well, roams the perimeter, and has a great outside shot. It is pretty odd for someone who is "too soft, slow, and inconsistent" to be leading the NCC in scoring and rebounding. The 6-3 Green simply cannot defend that. Those who have been around this series long enough know you can throw records out, they don't matter, the games will be close no matter what. In the early 90's when the Sioux were completely dominant in the NCC, their toughest games were always against the Bison. Another trend of late is the road team has been winning quite often. The Sioux bench had a much better weekend then they have had so far this year, with Dan Dahl, Aaron Austin, and Germel Stoute all playing better then they have. The PF matchup will still decide who wins, though.

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2004, 05:48 AM
D, you make some good points. Coming out of the toughest road games of the season with one loss is fantastic. Hopefully we can run the table and earn a split with SDSU.

SDSUFAN
01-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Lindahl is a good player and his size can make for difficult defense, he was 7-17 at Frost and 2-8 on the 3 pt attempts. Its a matter of getting a hand in his face, and if you put a guy 6-5 on him and he plays good defense you can stop him. The Bison do not want to give Lindahl the looks that Schantz had in the first half, if you do it could be a long night for the Bison.

Likewise if UND can play good D, and keep the perimeter protected from the 3 pt Bison guys you can beat them.

JBB
01-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Is it just me or is there precious little excitement about the upcoming BB games? Has it become clear that und is a D2 school of passing interest to a DI program? They have been a good draw in Fargo since the Fabulous Fargo Dome opened, filling the place a couple of times. But they are not in the top 5 attended games at Dacotah Field. UNC had the top crowd there. I guess more and more of us are going to be able to say:

und? Never heard of them. didnt they play St. Johns or something, or were they the ones that played that professional basketball player?

MN_BISONS
01-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know if Joe Sensor's or any other sports bar is picking up the KU band signal and showing the game in Minneapolis???

wfduck
01-30-2004, 01:04 PM
is Lacy Johnson back in the mix yet?

met1990
01-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Lacey Johnson is out for this weekend.

BisonMav
01-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Bison Up 33-21 late in the first half.

somebison
01-31-2004, 01:51 AM
37-23 at the half 8)

BisonMav
01-31-2004, 01:52 AM
Half Bison 37 SUE 23

Big half for Erbes.

somebison
01-31-2004, 02:35 AM
72-52
bison 6:22 to go
after a big coco dunk and a three

BisonMav
01-31-2004, 02:35 AM
Bison pulling away 72-52, Cofield Dunk sparks rally.

SUE Timeout

Twice and nice when you see it twice.

somebison
01-31-2004, 02:39 AM
you've got to be quicker BisonMav ;) ;D

mojobison
01-31-2004, 02:42 AM
Beating them by Roebuck's IQ.

BisonMav
01-31-2004, 02:43 AM
Beating them by Roebuck's IQ.
It's not that close.

JBB
01-31-2004, 02:44 AM
und? Never heard of them. When do we start conference play?

somebison
01-31-2004, 02:46 AM
BISON WIN :o :o :o :o

NDSU 83
UND 58

thanks again to tony for the audio link :)

no wonder Glas doesn't want to play us

BisonMav
01-31-2004, 02:46 AM
Upon further Review...............

The SUE Still Suck ;D

Tatanka
01-31-2004, 02:54 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Holy guacamole! *Bison lay the smack down.

Sioux are going to need the 1 pound tub to ease the chafing on their backsides:
http://www.buttpaste.com/graphics/00000001/bphome6.jpg (http://www.buttpaste.com)

How about a repeat asswhooping next week?

somebison
01-31-2004, 02:57 AM
attendance only 5030.. could be because it was on Fri Night..

Bisonguy
01-31-2004, 03:09 AM
What a butt whoopin'! Erbes was the man!

NDSU looked very good tonight, and UND, well, they looked like a middle of the pack ND class B team. I have never seen so much size go to waste. Some empty seats, but it seemed like everyone that was there was cheering and having a good time. There wasn't nearly as many Sioux fans present as usual. I tried counting and I think there were more Sioux cheerleaders than Sioux fans at the game.

Bisonfan1234
01-31-2004, 05:06 AM
attendance only 5030.. could be because it was on Fri Night..

Further proof that the fans are over UND.

I'm declaring here and now that UND is no longer our main rivals. SDSU is now our rivals.

DIBISON
01-31-2004, 05:07 AM
As I said in an earlier posting, Lindahl is too soft, slow and inconsistent. His first half stats: 2 points, 0 rebounds, and 4 jock-straps left at the free-throw line. He did make some hail mary's in the second half to finish with around a dozen points. He wasn't a factor, stayed outside, didn't bang in the paint, and couldn't guard the quicker forwards of the Bison. Green and May could have went around him all night long! I will commend him for only one facet of the game, he has a nice shot and could be a fair offensive player. The posting by D stating that the matchup of Lindahl versus any Bison would be the deciding factor, wasn't a factor in this game, as Lindahl forgot to show up. Or maybe that is his game.

SDbison
01-31-2004, 05:40 AM
Sorry, this probably belongs in smack, but have to say it once more, the whiner, crybaby, fighting poo really do suck! I mean with all the D1 recruiting the Bison have amassed so far, the poor and insignificant, D2 team from Grand Forks never really had a chance. Better quit now Sioux because the D1 power in North Dakota is about to take over. When are the Sioux players, fans and students going to admit it.......they are outclassed and quite envious of NDSU's past success in D2 which they will never match. They are definitely second class turds about to drown in their own toilet. UND, a gutless D2 university with D1 hockey. NDSU, the only true D1 university in North Dakota. I think all the UND folks ought to do the chicken dance before the next game.

fight_on_sioux
01-31-2004, 05:58 AM
I have to give the Bison credit. I wasn't watching the game or anything, but some friends down at NDSU said it was total domination by the green and yellow (they called me at the hockey game and let me know the score every ten minutes :P). All you have to do is beat UND by the same margin next weekend and we should be on our way to eliminating mens basketball at UND.

met1990
01-31-2004, 07:38 AM
I haven't followed UND basketball much this year- the same as most years- but I was wondering if Rypkema plays most games like he did against the Bison. He has the height but no touch whatsoever. If that kid could shoot like John Banks used to (note the past tense) UND wouldn't be in the hurt bag as much.

Oh well, I guess that's D-II for you. (Sorry, I had to punch that one in there.)

BisonMav
01-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Coco's Dunk from the Grand Forks Herald.

http://www.grandforks.com/images/grandforks/grandforksherald/7840/61468421400.jpg

JBB
01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
I was at the hockey game and had the score called in every 10 minutes?

What a joke!

bisonjay
01-31-2004, 04:55 PM
what the heck were you doing at the hockey game instead of bison-sioux

bisonjay
01-31-2004, 04:57 PM
& rypkema didn't play all that bad, i think he scored like 15

met1990
01-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Rypkema missed a lot of easy shots. He should have had 20+ points.

It goes without saying that UND would be a completely difference team if Nobles and Parks were still healthy.

mojobison
01-31-2004, 05:53 PM
UND better get on the recruiting trail.

When do they find out which JUCO players aren't going to have the academic qualifications to play DI?

DIBISON
02-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Hey met 1990, und isn't the only NCC team that would be completely different with all of their players. What about SDSU and their big gun that has been out? Imagine the Bison with Travis Kraft and Jon Banks. You goota play with the cards that are dealed and that's why there is a roster of 13 players!

met1990
02-01-2004, 06:45 AM
That's true but John Banks and Travis Kraft don't give you the 30-35 points a night Parks and Nobles would likely give the Sioux.

Does anyone know if Banks will ever wear the Bison uni again? He was my favorite player to watch.

DIBISON
02-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Parks & Nobles scoring 30-35 points a night! Come on, they sound like DI in-eligibles. Do you remember Travis Kraft at May-Port and his 28 points a game average and do you remember him at South Carolina and his game winning 3 pointer aginst Florida?

D
02-01-2004, 07:20 AM
*The posting by D stating that the matchup of Lindahl versus any Bison would be the deciding factor, wasn't a factor in this game, as Lindahl forgot to show up. Or maybe that is his game.

Actually, I would argue that I was right. *The Bison were dominant at the PF position, the credit goes to them for shutting down Lindahl as they pressured him 30 ft from the hole. *Erbes put up 16 at the PF, Green played a solid floor game. *If Lindahl is on, it is a lot tougher to stop the Sioux, and not that the Sioux would've necessarily won, but it would have made for a much more exciting game had the Bison defense cooperated a bit ;D. *Here is how I see the Sioux right now, as a team full of fairly passive players, it is sad for me to say, but I think they look around the huddle looking for someone else to take the reigns and go. *Lindahl has been that guy of late, and with someone stepping up big-time, it takes all the pressure off the rest of the team so that they can go out and play.
On a hole 'nother note, Travis Kraft is a tough story. *He would certainly be a tough matchup for any 3 in the NCC, and I've questioned why Miles plugged him into the 4 hole from the start. *He has a body like Adam Jacobson, one that every college coach in the country is looking for, a long SG/SF with skills. *I have to agree with Met1990, and this is something that I had a conversation with a writter for the Forum with a few weekends ago, Keith Parks is a wonderful player who shoots 57% from the field as a 2 guard, an amazing stat for a guy who shoots from 15 on out for almost every shot. *Parks and Nobles combined to average 27 or so before they went down, and both are pretty exciting to watch, but you can't make excuses and they both got hurt. But, you have to play with the deck you are dealt, and the Sioux have anything but a jackpot right now.

roadwarrior
02-01-2004, 07:47 AM
For those of you that were not at the game, that 12-0 run in the second half sent the BISON fans into a frenzy. It was the loudest the BSA has been for many years :)

Bisonguy
02-01-2004, 03:08 PM
For those of you that were not at the game, that 12-0 run in the second half sent the BISON fans into a frenzy. *It was the loudest the BSA has been for many years :)

Even more impressive that it wasn't a packed house.

JBB
02-01-2004, 03:30 PM
D,

You dont play with the deck your delt, you hand pick your team. When your team isnt good its not an accident its a failure. The team Glas picked isnt that good, but its only half over. he can still go 9-5. Without the big star like Beasly Glas doesnt seem to be able to put it together.

D
02-01-2004, 06:13 PM
D,

You dont play with the deck your delt, you hand pick your team. *When your team isnt good its not an accident its a failure. *The team Glas picked isnt that good, but its only half over. *he can still go 9-5. *Without the big star like Beasly Glas doesnt seem to be able to put it together.

He hand picked Nobles, Parks, Josh Johnson, and Easy Way Out Jeff Brandt. Rich has to deal with them being gone. I sympathize on one hand, but on the other you have to realize that it is sport, you cannot stop and have to keep plugging along.

roadwarrior
02-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Where were the sioux fans this past weekend? *50 fans maybe? *We always used to see several hundred show up for the games.

Bisonguy
02-02-2004, 02:05 AM
Apparently there were ice lacrosse games in Grand Forks this weekend. That, and UND fans hate going to the BSA, UND fans aren't supposed to make or break NDSU's gate numbers, and the UND men's team is one of the worst teams in the conference are the excuses fuming out of Grand Forks.

Tatanka
02-02-2004, 02:35 AM
I would imagine that the fact that the rematch is next week may have held some of them back as well.

There is no excuse, however, for Bison fans to stay at home next weekend, though. Bring the brooms (and the rubber chickens)!

BisonMav
02-08-2004, 02:41 AM
6' Coco gets the tip from 6'11" Rykema. ;D

somebison
02-08-2004, 03:19 AM
Bison up 33-28 at half

BisonMav
02-08-2004, 03:32 AM
USD wins over UNO 86-84.

Bisonfan1234
02-08-2004, 04:27 AM
UND hits a lucky 3 at the end to tie it @ 69.

Going to overtime..

Bisonfan1234
02-08-2004, 04:41 AM
UND pulls one out, win 76-73.

somebison
02-08-2004, 04:47 AM
bison went cold in the end... 3+ minutes to start overtime without making a shot... what a shot by jahner..

fight_on_sioux
02-08-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm not a basketball fan whatsoever, but those were two of the best basketball games I've ever seen in person. The womens game was absolutely great back and forth action that came down to a missed shot at the buzzer, and the mens game was all about Jahner's shot. Great way to end the DII rivalry between the squads, hopefully they meet again in the post.

JBB
02-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Both great games. the place sounded empty. I listened on the internet. Apparently many fair weather fans left after the womens game. The BB conection seems a lot better than the football hook up. I wonder why, has it been upgraded?

Hopefully the und men are done. Why hope for another game? Its laughable to hear und fans say that. Its over and the BISON move on.

That might be the last big win ever for the sue as they will continue in D2 and have vowed to never compete against teams that have more scholarships than they do. Apparently, to assure this they are going to demand scholarship reports from potential opponents. I think they have already made such requests.

It may be a while before the BISON see another team as good as the sue. Most if not all are going to be better, starting next week. Its going to be a big game against SDSU.

The BISON women on the other hand may have to play them again. Certainly the sue fans are hoping for a rematch, what else do they have going for themselves? I hope we can get the game in Fargo, would $25 a seat be too much? 8)

fight_on_sioux
02-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Ummmm, wouldn't that post belong in the smack category??? :-/

I guess your right about the UND men. I don't want them to play NDSU again this season either. NDSU is a way better team, and I like the fact that all of NDSU's players have to live with the fact that they lost to an inferior UND team the rest of the season.

As for the women, I'm not going to dwell on the missed layup, NDSU deserved to win. Both meetings have been decided by a total of four points, so I would like to see a rematch somewhere down the line.

WYOBISONMAN
02-09-2004, 02:22 AM
I was in AZ this weekend and missed the games on the internet. Sounds like both were tremendous games. Congrats to both schools on a heck of a battle....both women and men, Bison and Sioux.

JBB
02-09-2004, 01:07 PM
That wasnt smack it was the truth:

1) Why would und fans wish for another game? It seems silly considering the position of the university.

2) the und policy is to play D2 only, or to vow to never play a program with more scholarships, which is the way it is being handled.

3) the und policy is to demand a scholarship report, unless NDSU is a special case.

4) und is going to have a tough time in the future. to find the games your going to end up with a DI travel budget and D2 benefits.

5) The competition was good and the games were fun. Good Luck.