5. St. Cloud State 15-5
6. South Dakota 18-5
7. Nebraska-Kearney 16-3
8. Winona State 14-6
9. Fort Lewis 14-5
10. Northern State 11-9

Bisonfan1234
02-04-2004, 08:47 PM
How in the hell does Metropolitan State (which combined with Moorhead and Marshall create the MSU Axis of Suck) get a first place?

And CSP for the women's?? LOL, talk about NSIC bias.

NDSU_grad
02-04-2004, 09:04 PM
How in the hell does Metropolitan State (which combined with Moorhead and Marshall create the MSU Axis of Suck) get a first place?

This is maybe your most unusual post ever, and that's saying alot. Metro State is a DII powerhouse, having won men's titles in 2000 and 2002, as well as being a runner-up in 99. And as you can see they are 17-2 this year, so I don't understand your reasoning for them not being #1. And CSP beat us earlier this year, so again, where is your logic.

D
02-04-2004, 09:04 PM

You probably forgot that they beat the Bison this year.

WYOBISONMAN
02-04-2004, 09:35 PM
A sweep by the men and women this week would be great. *And, no question that the NDSU men need to run the table and beat SDSU soundly in the process.

Bisonfan1234
02-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Metro State won? You must be kidding.

It's basically a community college. I never even heard of it until recently. Their athletic budget must be quivalent of Minneapolis North HS.

As far as CSP...we lost by ONE point in the 2nd game of the season. PUH-lease....we would murder them now. Kinda like when we beat them by 30+ in football. NSIC shouldn't even try to compete...it's just sad.

JACKGUY
02-05-2004, 01:57 AM
Bison 1234
I think your confused again. Metro State is in Denver and is not the school that your are referring too in the Twin Cities.

Bisonfan1234
02-05-2004, 05:10 AM
Ah ha!

I didn't even think that metro state had an athletics team.

This makes more sense.

Bisonfan1
02-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Question - what is the magic number for postseason consideration? 1-4, 1-6 ? I must admit I dont follow basketball as closely as football, just starting to get into BB this year more. Hope the games up north are televised Saturday.

NDSU_grad
02-05-2004, 08:04 PM
The top 8 make it to the regional tournament.

Bisonguy
02-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Question - what is the magic number for postseason consideration? 1-4, 1-6 ? I must admit I dont follow basketball as closely as football, just starting to get into BB this year more. Hope the games up north are televised Saturday.
The games are on WDAY/WDAZ for sure. I don't know if the rest of the ABC stations will carry it.

WYOBISONMAN
02-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Does anyone know if it is on satelite?

bballfan
02-06-2004, 04:08 AM
NDSU men need to run the table and beat SDSU soundly in the process

Pretty unlikely for both. Bison still have to go to USD and omaha, and SDSU will be tough to beat, let alone "beat soundly".

BisonMav
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
If the Bison go 6-1 in the second half, they would then be 19-8 going into the NCC Tourney. If NDSU wins one game in the tourney, they should clinch a playoff spot. First they have to beat UND this weekend.

JBB
02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
If the men beat und thats fine, but we really have to beat SDSU at home.

The NDSU women have beaten the Jacks on the road. A win in grand forks might lock it up for them even if they lose to SDSU. But for both the men and the women the split is critical.

bisonjournalist
02-06-2004, 08:31 PM
I have covered the Bison all season, so this is my take, for what it's worth. The Bison men are really sitting in good position right now, obviously, they are in first place. A win this weekend would ensure them at least a two game lead over SDSU, the only team that I think will overtake them for the NCC regular season crown. So as long as the Bison can stay two games ahead of them, they look good down the stretch. Omaha on the road will be their most important game, but they get SCSU at home, which will be nice. As for the women, I hate saying this already, but a win tomorrow night pretty much wraps up the conference. NDSU will then hold a two game lead of the Siouxage with sx to play, and even if SDSU wins here, that would be the only loss I see them getting. Good luck to both teams this weekend, and if anyone is up at the game, stop by and say hi, I will be covering it. Go BISON!

jackmd
02-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Brand new to Bisonville, Sophomore member on the Jacks board. *I have enjoyed reading the posts on this site and I have even pirated a few for the Jacks board (giving proper credit to the author, of course). *Sorry for the long post, I won't be a frequent user.

From teamsioux in a previous post:

For the final poll the NCAA says it uses these five criteria, in no specific order of course.

-won-lost record
-head to head competition
-ssi
-common opponents results
-D2 w-l record within region

Given this info I believe the Jacks have a great opportunity to host the regional even if we don't finish #1 in the region rankings. *We must sweep in N.D. this weekend to help solidify our position. *If we beat NDSU in Fargo then The Bison needs to finish strong to secure a spot in the post-season. *I think more than 11 losses and there is no chance. *

The NCC should get 4 of the 8 spots and could get 5. *UNK and Metro are in and hopefully one of those 2 wins the RMAC tourney. *If so, no other teams from the RMAC deserve a bid. *I often wonder if the RMAC officials don't fix things to get a 3rd team in by asking Metro or UNK to tank in the tourney. *Year in and year out they are the class of the RMAC and yet they fold in the tourney allowing a 3rd team to make the regional.

The NSIC only deserves 1 slot but the same thing could play out in their tourney. *Or the selection committee may screw up and give Bemidji and Northern a spot.

Ideally, the NCC gets 5 slots but it will more likely be 3 or 4. *If the regional were today SDSU, NDSU, UNO and SCSU would be in. *MSU and USD are on the bubble. *Augie is out and UND's only shot is to win the NCC tourney. *

Reasons I think SDSU should be #1 seed if we finish the NCC season with only 1 more loss:

We have 8 wins against teams in the region (not counting NCC games), 7 vs NSIC and 1 vs RMAC.

Metro only has 1 (outside the RMAC) over Augie, they lost to UMD and Winona in the region early this year (gives us the advantage head-to-head).

UNK has 3 wins in the region (outside the RMAC), UNO, Wayne, and Concordia (I would say this is currently a push).

All-in-all we could be sitting pretty good to take the #1 seed. *If we finish the NCC season with 10 or 11 wins, the regular season with 25+ wins and win the NCC tourney we better be the #1 seed given the info above!! *Of course, none of this speculation matters if we lose more than 1 or 2 of our remaining games. * *

I like where we stand in the region despite the 3-game losing skid, especially if Jones is coming back. *Big games this weekend.

How do the NDSU fans feel about location for the regional? *Would you rather travel to NE or CO and not have to play at Frost or would the proximity of Brookings be more desirable? *

JACKGUY
02-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Good analysis. I hope things play themselves out where the Jacks host the Regional. The Best we can finish in the Regular Season if we win out is 27-3. With four tough road games left it will be difficult to do. The loss to UNO at home in overtime when we were up 16 was a killer.

BisonMav
02-09-2004, 07:34 PM
We'll give SDSU 26-4, if NDSU finishes 19-8. ;)

JACKGUY
02-09-2004, 07:55 PM
I would much rather that 4th loss is not at the Conference Leader Friday night. If we can win Friday it should be a dogfight to the end. If we can't get the conference championship I hope you guys win it. I think we should get in either way and NDSU will need all the wins you can get to get in.

jackmd
02-09-2004, 08:02 PM
We have to beat NDSU Friday if we want a chance to win the NCC outright. If we lose in Fargo I think the best we can hope for is a tie for 1st. I agree with Jackguy, we are in the post-season regardless, unless we have a USD like collapse. With a coach like Nagy, this just won't happen.

BisonMav
02-09-2004, 08:41 PM
I hope there are a couple good games Friday night. It's great to be battling SDSU for the NCC title this last year in DII. The Bison need to win the four remaining home games, and get a split on the UNO/USD road trip. Not an easy task. Good Luck Friday.

Tuk
02-10-2004, 12:40 AM
*Sorry for the long post, I won't be a frequent user.
Post anytime you want.....we appreciate everyone's 2 cents (except CERTAIN UND fans)......

That's some great info. Thanks a lot! I know both the Jacks and the Bison are not done yet with the season, but lets hope we both win the rest of our seasons.