PDA

View Full Version : BSA and BBFH

Bisonfan1234
02-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Has anyone ever considered that we could simply gut the BSA and have a very nice, large bball, vball, and wrestling arena?

Then we could throw a pool, indoor track, weight room, locker rooms, and offices in the Benson Bunker Field House? I think maybe we'd have to upgrade the BBFH for it be able to have all that stuff, but it could be done.

So the BSA would be like the show case arena and the BBFH would be the practice house.

JBB
02-06-2004, 09:20 PM
I dont know if you know this but there is a pool in the basement of the Benston Bunker. Its not used. It was empty when I partied down the bands and their entourages for the Forienger, Little river Band concert. Thankfully I was able to keep the party closed or somebody was certainly going to prison. It would have been fitting if it would have been bill blain. For those of you who dont know him, dont axe me to explain.

roadwarrior
02-10-2004, 04:04 AM
LOL! An indoor track at the Bentson-Bunker?

Bisonfan1234
02-10-2004, 03:00 PM
The buiding sits on a big enough lot if they did a major overhaul.

WYOBISONMAN
02-10-2004, 03:04 PM
OK.....after that latest insight from 1234 I am convinced he has never attended school at NDSU and likely has not been on the campus. Good grief, give us a break...

Bisonfan1234
02-10-2004, 09:14 PM
You guys do realize that an indoor track is only 200m around, right? If any of you have been in the BSA, it's the same size as the track they have in there.

This could EASILY fit on the ***LOT*** that the BBFH sits on. They simply would have to build a bigger shell around it...maybe. They might be able to squeeze it in the current building with some overhaul.

Was just a suggestiong that would allow us to have a new bball arena without constructiong a new building.

BisonInTexas
02-11-2004, 03:33 AM
You guys do realize that an indoor track is only 200m around, right? If any of you have been in the BSA, it's the same size as the track they have in there.

This could EASILY fit on the ***LOT*** that the BBFH sits on. They simply would have to build a bigger shell around it...maybe. They might be able to squeeze it in the current building with some overhaul.

Was just a suggestiong that would allow us to have a new bball arena without constructiong a new building.

Have you ever been in BBFH? The only way a 200m track is going in there is if they build an overpass over University Ave.

But as long as they put Field Turf in there and use it as a FB practice facility, its a workable plan... ::)

I'm with you WYOBISONMAN, he has never attended NDSU...

Craig

Bison_Kent
02-11-2004, 03:53 AM

I agree with you guys, TX and WY. How would building a shell around an existing building be benificial? You might as well start from scratch and spend less money.

Hey, maybe the Ag. Engineering (where I spent a majority of my time since that was my major) could be the new home for wrestling. Or maybe South Engineering. Too bad that part of the building was torn down and a water fountain was put in that place. With the whole building together we could have placed baseball in there.

WYOBISONMAN
02-11-2004, 04:48 AM
I remember starting a food fight in RDC that resembled baseball ;D......Damn near got me kicked out of Johnson Hall ;)

Bisonfan1234
02-11-2004, 05:10 AM
Ok you guys haven't been to the BBFH in a while. Must not remember the size.

BisonInTexas
02-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Ok you guys haven't been to the BBFH in a while. Must not remember the size.

Yeah, that's why everybody is agreeing with you... ???

Craig

BisonMav
02-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Posted by: Bisonfan1234 Posted on: Feb 6th, 2004, 3:12pm
Has anyone ever considered that we could simply gut the BSA and have a very nice, large bball, vball, and wrestling arena?

Then we could throw a pool, indoor track, weight room, locker rooms, and offices in the Benson Bunker Field House? I think maybe we'd have to upgrade the BBFH for it be able to have all that stuff, but it could be done.

So the BSA would be like the show case arena and the BBFH would be the practice house.

I think a tub of that Hairy Buffalo Punch leftover from a 1980's homecoming party has been found. Keep drinking the punch. :)