PDA

View Full Version : 2005 BB recruiting

mojobison
02-27-2004, 04:17 AM
NDSU offered Travis Brown, a junior from Richfield, a scholarship: the link (http://www.mnsun.com/story.asp?city=Richfield&story=130582)

roadwarrior
02-27-2004, 04:21 AM
I didn't realize that Lance Berwald was coaching in the Twin Cities.

WYOBISONMAN
02-27-2004, 05:01 AM
I remember Berwald from my undergrad days....what a tremedous BB player!

BisonMav
02-27-2004, 12:37 PM
I remember Berwald from my undergrad days....what a tremedous BB player!

The only home game I missed during Berwald's career at NDSU, was the night he scored 50+ points. It would be great to get a big man like him again.

Brown looks like a good recruit.

SDbison
02-28-2004, 04:50 PM
WYOBISONMAN and BisonMav:
Watching Berwald was fun. I was attending NDSU in those years. It was even more fun to watch Askew and Berwald work together. Askew would often drive to the basket and dish off to Berwald underneath. The combination of Askew's ballhanding and Berwald's size was something to watch. I don't think Bison basketball has ever had a better combination of players. I also remember listening to a game when NDSU played University of Minnesota. I believe Askew scored around 30 points in that game.

WYOBISONMAN
02-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Jeff Askew was something else.....Quick, Quick, Quick. Wouldn't it be a hoot to watch one of those games again. I always liked Inniger as a coach too.....he was at times as fun to watch as the team! Makes a person nostelgic to hear the names of Berwald and Askew again.

silkamilkamonico
02-29-2004, 04:50 AM
~does anyone know a site where someone could go back and look up pictures of all these players......I dont remember what Askew or Berwald looked like, I was like 10 years old.....my brother was talking about a Tyson maroney? and I remember the name but have no idea what he looks like and its driving me crazy...