PDA

View Full Version : ncc folding eventually

updm002
02-24-2004, 03:00 AM
DOes anyone know if the NCC is going to fold?. I assume if NDSU has success (and I am not sold they will)
that UND will follow. Then maybe four or five others will and we can get some more regional rivalries back instead of criss crossing this great land of ours looking for any bush league school that will play us.

89rabbit
02-24-2004, 03:11 AM
My guess is that after NDSU has success at the D-I level, UND will see how futile it would be to try and compete and will drop sports altogether. Heck they might cease operation entirely. Put a fence around that place it might make a nice prison. Just a thought. ;)

Bisonguy
02-24-2004, 03:21 AM
I personally don't see any other schools leaving the NCC for a few years, and UND and USD would be the only possibilities. Augie won't move up, the MN schools won't move up because the U of MN controls the state much like that school in Lincoln, NE. UND will wait at least five years to see how NDSU does before making a move. They administration have painted themselves into a corner talking about all the doom and gloom of a move to DI, and have to wait for people to forget all the propaganda. USD has to turn their program around before they can think about moving up.

Thinking about UNO moving to the MIAA?

89rabbit
02-24-2004, 03:26 AM
The MIAA wants UNO bad. It is in the papers down here in Kansas City every few months. When Missouri Rolla moves down to NAIA look for the MIAA to push hard for UNO.

BisonMav
02-24-2004, 03:27 AM
As Otis Twelve would say, " Don't let Mr Gloomy Gus get you down."

WYOBISONMAN
02-24-2004, 04:03 PM
I think the NCC will continue and will probably be a solid D2 conference.....but then that begs the question of what will D2 turn into? D2 will continue a slide towards mediocre no-name half-pint schools. Bring on Mary......

JBB
02-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Does somebody in here have und goggles on? *Just exactly what rinky dink schools are you talking about central washington, Peru State, Upper Iowa, Delta State, und, Mankato, Hillsdale, Crookston, Northern State, Moorhead State.....get the picture?

bisongold
02-29-2004, 08:02 AM
UND will not go D-1 anytime soon. I used to think that they would soon follow after the groundwork is laid, but honestly, with Dr. Marshmella ( I mean Kupchella) and RT as AD, they will never move up. Why would they want the extra work of this when everything is so easy the the way it is?? I really don't believe that they will move up until these 2 people are eventully replace. Then at least they may revisit the idea. Besides, they have too many sports that are so pathetic even at D-2 levels, that the mountain would be just too big to climb! However, I have always wondered why the Sue are so eager to brag about being D-1 in hockey, and so eager to ridicule the Bison for going D-1 in everything !! Do I sense jealousy??

SiouxperMan
02-29-2004, 04:34 PM
UND will not go D-1 anytime soon. *I used to think that they would soon follow after the groundwork is laid, but honestly, with Dr. Marshmella ( I mean Kupchella) and RT as AD, they will never move up. *Why would they want the extra work of this when everything is so *easy the the way it is?? *I really don't believe that they will move up until these 2 people are eventully replace. *Then at least they may revisit the idea. *Besides, they have too many sports that are so pathetic even at D-2 levels, that the mountain would be just too big to climb! *However, I have always wondered why the Sue are so eager to brag about being D-1 in hockey, and so eager to ridicule the Bison for going D-1 in everything !! *Do I sense jealousy??

Chucky could leave tomorrow and it wouldn't be soon enough.

JBB
03-02-2004, 04:55 PM
the NCC is now a mid major D2 conference. I dont know if it will fold or not. Its not going to draw like it once did and it has little chance of raising its profile.

GCWaters
03-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Chucky could leave tomorrow and it wouldn't be soon enough.

For all the lip service Kupichella gives to UND going R1, I just don't see the actions to back it up. In my view, he's trying to build a liberal arts style university, not a research university. With the med school there, they should have a huge head start on this....if you look at the NSF listings of funded research, though, they're what, 100 points below NDSU? I don't see him being any better in terms of UND athletics...the man has no vision, and UND would be much better off without him. The funny thing is, I think NDSU would be much better off without him, too. Someone with more vision and clearer thought processes would be able to work with Chapman in ways that would help both schools. Instead, Kupichella is petty and vindictive, and ends up hurting both....

IowaBison
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
I don't know about petty and vindictive, but the guy's clearly not a leader.

GCWaters
03-02-2004, 09:10 PM
I was thinking of his opposition to NDSU's doctoral programs, especially the ones that are completely unrelated to anything UND has...in areas where there is absolutely no overlap, where there is no reason to oppose, K is still fighting against SU...to me, that adds up to petty and vindictive--but maybe I'm just too sensitive!!! ;D

IowaBison
03-02-2004, 09:29 PM
I had forgotten about that.

petty and vindictive is about right.

JBB
03-02-2004, 11:31 PM
CGWaters,

Your statement about NDSU being better off without whats his name in GF is right on. Truer words were never spoken. I think they hired him to oppose NDSU rather than build und up.