PDA

View Full Version : The second men's BB season starts tonight

WYOBISONMAN
03-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Best of luck to a surprising Men's Basketball team as they enter the NCC tournament against St. Cloud State tonight at the BSA. I will be listening to the game on the internet!

89rabbit
03-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Good Luck Bison!

Go SDSU!

Bison_Dan
03-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Lets just hope that the Jack Rabbits derail the team from up north tonight and end their season. Go Bison Go Jacks ;D

JBB
03-02-2004, 04:51 PM
What about the Women?

BisonMav
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
What about the Women?
Women have a bye. They play the USD-St Cloud winner on Friday.

WYOBISONMAN
03-02-2004, 06:24 PM
As we saw from the up and downs of the Men's season, we do have the ability to win the whole darn NCC tourney.....and that is exciting!

89rabbit
03-03-2004, 03:43 AM
SDSU 74 - UND 63! Matt Jones has a monster game!

Go State!

JBB
03-03-2004, 11:58 AM
BISON win big too on the 3 pointer.

Bison_Dan
03-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Great Bison Win and it's great to see und go home with their tails between their legs. The reason Glas is so pissed about NDSU leaving the NCC is now he has to coach and win the conf. - before a split with NDSU and he could keep his job. ;D

tony
03-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Brett Winkelman was at the NDSU-SCSU game on Saturday. I'm not sure this link will work because it might be a pay site but here it is anyway: Brett Winkelman narrows list to three schools (http://collegebasketballnews.theinsiders.com/2/239141.html)

The title is kind of misleading because he hasn't really narrowed things down. He is still considering UND and SCSCU, and walking on to Minnesota to play football - all the same schools UND and SCSU fans were mentioning months ago. He's going to wait until the end of the BB season to announce.

JBB
03-03-2004, 02:50 PM
In the loss to MACCRAY he scored 43 pts.

WYOBISONMAN
03-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Is the kid a fisherman? I see a slight similarity in appearance..... ;)

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Player/17682_bwink.JPG

http://www.winkelman.com/images/ShowPictures/GF2004/GF0404.gif

BisonMav
03-03-2004, 08:26 PM
I like the matchup the Bison have with UNO. If the Bison can beat UNO and USD beats SDSU, then NDSU has a chance. SDSU presents a lot of problems, especially 6-6 Shantz guarding 5-10 Nemmers. On the other hand it would be great though to have NDSU and SDSU in the finals of both men's and women's. What a way to finish the last NCC season.

JACKGUY
03-03-2004, 08:54 PM
My sentiments exactly. I like the Jacks chances better with Matt Jones back. He had 22 points and 11 rebounds in 18 minutes against the Sioux.

89rabbit
03-04-2004, 01:05 AM
I like the matchup the Bison have with UNO. *If the Bison can beat UNO and USD beats SDSU, then NDSU has a chance. *SDSU presents a lot of problems, especially 6-6 Shantz guarding 5-10 Nemmers. *On the other hand it would be great though to have NDSU and SDSU in the finals of both men's and women's. *What a way to finish the last NCC season.

Good luck Bison, beat the hell out of the Mavericks. They have a couple of posters that make me crazy.

Go State!

BisonMav
03-05-2004, 04:05 PM
If NDSU would win the NCC tourney, they would make the regional. Would they take 4 NCC teams? Who would be the odd team out, USD? Could make for an interesting scenary. First things first, the Bison need to win.

89rabbit
03-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Good luck tonight Bison, beat the Mavs! ;D

Go State!

roadwarrior
03-06-2004, 01:58 AM
South Dakota stops the Jacks in the NCC tourney in Omaha.

filbert
03-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Yep, bummer. Would have been cool if the two D-I schools in the NCC could have met for both the men's and women's finals. Bummer.

bisongold
03-06-2004, 03:38 AM
Wow...tied up with 30 sec.

bisongold
03-06-2004, 03:40 AM
OT...

filbert
03-06-2004, 03:45 AM
Go Bison...

Rabbits are out of it on both men's and women's side...might as well have the other Land Grant win the conference...

maverick
03-06-2004, 04:39 AM
Bison Fan,

Great game tonight. I am not going to run any smack a you. I will save that for SDSU fan. You should have won in regulation. The Mavs did show great heart in coming back. Your backcourt is fantastic. Nemmers and Cofield are the real deal. Your inside game leaves a little bit to be desired. The only thing I will say is that with your two guards being seniors, I didn't see alot else out there that would have me believe that you will have much success next year unless you have a stellar class coming in. I did expect more of your fans to come down. I saw less than than 20.

Maverick

filbert
03-06-2004, 04:51 AM
Congratulations, Maverick...

as an SDSU alum and fan, I've been on record since before the NCC season as thinking that UNO was one of the biggest threats to Rabbit hegemony in NCC basketball.

I'm truly impressed with your team and what McKenna has done at Omaha. Congratulations, and good luck against the evil Yotes...maybe we'll meet again in the NCAA regionals (although at this point, I'm not sure we've got much gas left in our tank...)

Filbert SDSU '82

maverick
03-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Filbert,

Thanks for the kind words. I wish more jackrabbit fans were as nice as yourself. Any thing can happen in the regional. It will be wide open.

Maverick

roadwarrior
03-06-2004, 07:50 AM
maverick, with the BISON women playing at home this weekend, most of the fans chose to support the home team.

feminine_heroine
03-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I would not come that far either to support a very avg team. NDSU did a good job but their talent up front just isn't up to par. Tim Miles has a monumental job building that program. The only 2 guys who have D1 talent are seniors - nemmers and cofield. There are going to be some dark days ahead for ndsu men's bb. I will be interested to see how well your women do. I suspect pretty well but maybe the jump to d1 women's bb is bigger than I think for the women. Tim Miles better have a long term contract - very long term. His career record is going to take a beating in the next few years once you are able to schedule some d1 schools. The same holds true for coach nagy. Miles and Nagy could be sacrificial lambs in the move to d1. Let them take the lumps and when/if success comes move to a higher profile coach. Looking at UNC's bb schedule - have fun playing tons of road games, a few home games against naia teams and then a mix of other games. Maybe ndsu/sdsu/unc can form their own conference and call it the "Tri-Champions" conference. Kind of the same thing you have going with that far flung fb conference.

SDSUFAN
03-06-2004, 04:05 PM
I would not come that far either to support a very avg team. *NDSU did a good job but their talent up front just isn't up to par. *Tim Miles has a monumental job building that program. The only 2 guys who have D1 talent are seniors - nemmers and cofield. *There are going to be some dark days ahead for ndsu men's bb. *I will be interested to see how well your women do. I suspect pretty well but maybe the jump to d1 women's bb is bigger than I think for the women. *Tim Miles better have a long term contract - very long term. *His career record is going to take a beating in the next few years once you are able to schedule some d1 schools. The same holds true for coach nagy. *Miles and Nagy could be sacrificial lambs in the move to d1. *Let them take the lumps and when/if success comes move to a higher profile coach. *Looking at UNC's bb schedule - have fun playing tons of road games, a few home games against naia teams and then a mix of other games. *Maybe ndsu/sdsu/unc can form their own conference and call it the "Tri-Champions" conference. *Kind of the same thing you have going with that far flung fb conference.

I dont think Coaches Nagy or Miles share your pessimism

BisonMav
03-06-2004, 04:35 PM
I would not come that far either to support a very avg team. *NDSU did a good job but their talent up front just isn't up to par. *Tim Miles has a monumental job building that program. The only 2 guys who have D1 talent are seniors - nemmers and cofield. *There are going to be some dark days ahead for ndsu men's bb. *I will be interested to see how well your women do. I suspect pretty well but maybe the jump to d1 women's bb is bigger than I think for the women. *Tim Miles better have a long term contract - very long term. *His career record is going to take a beating in the next few years once you are able to schedule some d1 schools. The same holds true for coach nagy. *Miles and Nagy could be sacrificial lambs in the move to d1. *Let them take the lumps and when/if success comes move to a higher profile coach. *Looking at UNC's bb schedule - have fun playing tons of road games, a few home games against naia teams and then a mix of other games. *Maybe ndsu/sdsu/unc can form their own conference and call it the "Tri-Champions" conference. *Kind of the same thing you have going with that far flung fb conference.
One thing for sure, NDSU, SDSU and UNC are off to Divison I.

Hasta la vista Chica.