PDA

View Full Version : another mcfeeley article

somebison
03-08-2004, 06:09 AM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=52199

tony
03-08-2004, 04:28 PM
That's fair. I'd rather have people know right away that having success in DI, even in DI-AA, is going to take a lot of work, rather than having a lot of people be overly optimistic and easily disappointed.

Makes sense that the Big Sky wouldn't want NDSU or SDSU until our five years are up too. By then, the DI-A shuffling will be over and the State U's will probably be eligible for the NCAA BB tourney (pending NCAA action on reducing the 13-year postseason ban).

I'm warming to the Great West though.

JBB
03-08-2004, 05:29 PM
He isnt off base. NDSU is a fledgling DI program. We are at the bottom of the heep and we are on a long and permanent path up. If we had stayed in D2 we would be going nowhere fast.

Its true the D2 situation and the NCC are probably better than what we have now, but at some point in the (near?) future it will become apparent the move was onward and upward.

Its also true that the GWFC is a stronger conference, with a much greater national presence than the NCC football league. We started the NCC and now we are a charter member of the GWFC. I like it very much. Now if only Sac State would join.

wfduck
03-08-2004, 07:05 PM
that doesn't mean we have to like Mike does it ??? just cause he's semi-correct...

JBB
03-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Id rather he was semi retired or better yet a semi driver. :D

wfduck
03-09-2004, 08:56 PM
or hit by a semi driver ;D