PDA

View Full Version : Elite 8

Bison_Dan
03-29-2004, 02:03 PM
I would like to hear from the Jack Rabbits about the Elite 8 Tour. I know they lost, but what kind of squad was that PA. team? ::)

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-29-2004, 03:41 PM
I was at the game on Wed night against Cal-Pa. They were a very good team. I heard they shot 80% in the second half. Pretty hard to win against that. The Jacks played hard but struggled against a good full court press in the second half. We cut it to 6 pts. midway through the second half, but just couldnt shut them down. SDSU had a good contingent of fans down there, maybe 2,000. Overall I was proud of the womens team they always compete hard. I am looking forward to next year. Both the Bison and Jacks will win a lot of D1 games. two excellent programs.

BisonMav
03-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Drury, the runnerup, defeated UND and USD during the preconference season.

SDSUFAN
03-29-2004, 05:20 PM
I would like to hear from the Jack Rabbits about the Elite 8 Tour. *I know they lost, but what kind of squad was that PA. team? * ::)

I like Texas Jack was at the game. No doubt that the Cal Pa team is a national champion. Very well coached and a young lady maybe 35 years old in charge. They had some very good traps and pressure defense that you dont see much of in the NCC. Cal seem to make it work. I just re-read the offical game story and CA shot 58 for the game, and was 74 percent for the second half.
If you are making 3 out of 4 shoots, you can only match that and not miss a single free throw. SDSU missed too many FT and just did have a good way of breaking the press.

Jackrabbit
03-29-2004, 05:24 PM
California University of Pennsylvania was the best DII team in America. They had two All-Americans on the inside, a fantastic shooter from the perimeter, and perhaps the best point guard at this level. Their point guard played almost every second of each game. She created problems for everybody. Then in the clutch against Drury she nailed a three point shot.

The team had very well conditioned athletes. Those ladies played a full court press the entire game and I don't think they played more than 7 people each game.

The thing that impressed me most about Cal of PA is that for the first game against SDSU they didn't let a very partisan crowd get to them. Their players commented later on how loud it was. In the championship game Drury (Springfield, MO) must have had 2,500 of the 2,600 people cheering for them. That is the mark of a great team. They didn't get rattled (SDSU had them down early and Drury went ahead late in that game).

The announcers in the championship game said that Drury started a women's basketball program four years ago. FOUR YEARS!!! In a short period of time they were in a national championship game.

I watched both the men's DII championship on Saturday and the women's DII championship. The women's game was much better. The men's game was sloppy and did not reflect well on DII men's basketball.

Bison_Dan
03-29-2004, 05:32 PM
What happen to Metro in the Men's division?

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure what happened to Metro, but it was kind of hard for me to watch that mens championship game. SDSU had defeated Kennesaw St. very soundly- early in the season (15 pionts). I guess our teams went in different directions after that.

Jackrabbit
03-29-2004, 09:19 PM
The press release out of Metro said that they (Metro) played " ... they're greatest game," against Southern Indiana in their loss. I find that hard to believe. I have to believe Metro met their match in terms of quickness. Southern Indiana was able to break their press and get some easy buckets. That's something SDSU and a lot of other teams couldn't do.