PDA

View Full Version : Must be working too hard

IowaBison
06-02-2004, 06:11 PM
I was just reading about the Corn Palace on cnn.com and learned that they seat a few thousand for basketball games,

I think it would it would be an interesting venue for a SDSU/NDSU game

filbert
06-03-2004, 02:27 AM
Naw, too small. The Corn Palace might be a good venue for some future SDSU-USD exhibition game (since we can't play exhibitions against amateur club teams any more) but a Bison-Rabbits basketball game will need at least 7K seats . . . maybe more as the rivalry heats up in the big time.

IowaBison
06-03-2004, 02:55 PM
your right Mr. F, like i said, must be working too hard

TheBisonator
06-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Not only the lack of seating, the configuration of the Corn Palace is catered mostly to theatre rather than basketball. A majority of the seating is on one side of the court in a theatre/auditorium configuration, and there's a small set of bleachers on the stage, which is the other side of the court. Also, I sat in the top row of the auditorium side a couple years ago on a trip there, and I couldn't see the court/orchestra pit very well at all. Those seats might not be in high demand...

Probably you're working too hard. Try and kick back and relax for a while. ;)

89rabbit
06-04-2004, 12:47 AM
The best part of the Corn Palace is the outside. Maybe the Bison bus could just swing by after a game in Brookings. ;)

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:zFVr4IOR7sIJ:www.agry.purdue.edu/ext/corn/digital.img/palace.jpg