PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Green

D
04-14-2004, 09:03 PM
What happened with him? He is transferring to USD. This comes straight out of leftfield.

VERMILLION, S.D. – South Dakota head men’s basketball coach Dave Boots announced Wednesday the signing of three-student athletes to National Letters of Intent for the 2004-05 season.

Joining the Coyotes next fall will be transfers Aaron Green of North Dakota State and David Nour of Dakota Wesleyan and high school standout Jesse Becker of Osseo High School in Minnesota.

Green averaged 7.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game as a junior last season for North Dakota State. The 6-4, forward from Indianapolis, Ind., started 18 games for the Bison in 2003-04, helping NDSU to a 16-13 overall record. Green will have one season of eligibility with USD.

2004-05 South Dakota Men’s Basketball Recruiting Class
Name (Height, Projected Position, Year, Previous School, Hometown)
Jesse Becker (5-11, PG, Fr., Osseo High School, Osseo, Minn.)
Colby Fitzgerald (6-3, G, Fr., Dell Rapids St. Mary High School, Dell Rapids, S.D.)
Aaron Green (6-4, F, Sr., North Dakota State, Indianapolis, Ind.)
Dustin Little (6-5, F, Fr., Castlewood High School, Castlewood, S.D.)
David Nour (6-1, G, Jr., Dakota Wesleyan, Armour, S.D.)

NDSU_grad
04-14-2004, 09:38 PM
That is strange to say the least. I guess his athleticism will probably be missed, but I don't expect too much from the bball team next year anyways. Maybe he wanted a chance to play in the postseason.

JBB
04-14-2004, 10:03 PM
could it be grades?

BisonMav
04-15-2004, 01:12 PM
According to the Forum, it was reduced playing time at the end of the year.

D
04-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Apparently, Aaron Green has been looking for a suitor for a couple of months now. Jamestown College was the only place that would offer him any $$$, but USD stepped to the table and told him they would give him some $$$, so he took that offer. Pretty strange how quiet this was and his reasons for leaving despite seeing pretty good minutes and knowing his role for this coming year.

JJH
05-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Or could it be that he sucked and couldn't deal with it. I am as big of an NDSU fan as any of you but this Aaron Green leaving won't hurt a bit.

Bisonfan1234
05-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Must be grades.

That's the only way D2 has seen it's elite athletes come its way. D1 is just too strict on grades for some athletes.

Woodside-Guy
05-10-2004, 09:20 PM
I've only seen Jesse Becker play in the high school allstar game; That kid would have a tough time making it in a good intramural league at my church on a Sunday afternoons-they can have him..................

Tatanka
05-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Must be grades.

That's the only way D2 has seen it's elite athletes come its way. D1 is just too strict on grades for some athletes.
Way to burst my bubble. I thought that Jerome Beasley attended UND because he wanted to play for these guys:
http://www.und.edu/org/siouxcrew/pictures/bballcoaches.jpg

Bisonfan1234
05-11-2004, 03:47 AM
Right...

JackJD
05-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Hi Bison fans! So you're losing Green to USD...there are rumors flying around on SDSU bulletin board about Andy Moeller leaving for Minn State-Mankato. These things will happen.

Your BB coach, Tim Miles, has a proven track record and he adjusts for any situation. So, my prediction: Bison 04-05 will be a better team than the 03-04 version.

Good luck to you up North.

A Jackrabbit.

Woodside-Guy
06-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Becker is terrible-They can have him; Apparently they're looking for slow guards with no quickness

JACKGUY
06-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Woodside- what is your impression of SDSU recruit Matt Cadwell of Cretin?