PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Contracts

Bisonguy
09-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Looks like Ruley and Miles have new five year contracts- ;D http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=77333

NoDakSt
09-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Amy is so well known on the national level that she is a real treasure to keep at NDSU. Can't wait to see the day when the Bison are playing Stanford, Texas, Tennessee, Duke, and Minnesota.

JBNJBQ
09-30-2004, 03:37 AM
Amy is so well known on the national level that she is a real treasure to keep at NDSU. * Can't wait to see the day when the Bison are playing Stanford, Texas, Tennessee, Duke, and Minnesota. *

Her name recognition nationally did not help your schedule this year.

SDSU is playing Purdue, Kentucky, Alabama, USC, Rutgers, Oklahoma State.......ect. What's up? Your women's team and fans should be upset.

BisonMav
09-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Her name recognition nationally did not help your schedule this year.

SDSU is playing Purdue, Kentucky, Alabama, USC, Rutgers, Oklahoma State.......ect. What's up? Your women's team and fans should be upset.

This is a transition year. I have no probem with the schedule. Amy's name recognition will help after this year. Patience is a virtue, my fuzzy friend.

JBNJBQ
09-30-2004, 12:47 PM
This is a transition year. *I have no probem with the schedule. *Amy's name recognition will help after this year. *Patience is a virtue, my fuzzy friend.

You have 5 NAIA schools and only 3 DI schools and you have no problem with that? Amy is protecting her record. I look for her to take a position with a bigger fish next year. Your women have drawn the short straw. The seniors can't afford to be patient. They have been short changed big time!

JBB
09-30-2004, 02:15 PM
No they havent. When NDSU announced the move all coaches and players were told if they wanted to transfer NDSU would give them all the help they could. Everyone associated with the program knows the situation and has accepted it.

UND92
09-30-2004, 04:11 PM
How did SDSU get PURDUE on the schedule and bison didn't? How close amy is with purdue you thought that would be a lock. They could have only played CROOKSTON once and had room for purdue. Boy, if this would have been UND's schedule, the smack would be unbelievable. The bison did go DI didn't they.

Bison_Dan
09-30-2004, 09:42 PM
First year scheduling - How many times do we have to explain it to sue fans? Remember you'll always be playing crookston for years to come and getting beat sometimes.

bballfan
09-30-2004, 10:41 PM
First year scheduling - How many times do we have to explain it to sue fans?

That argument doesn't really work when SDSU has an identical problem, and yet has a much thougher schedule. Its laughable that bison fans can say this weak schedule is becuase of anything other than the coaches wanting an easy schedule becuase the're afraid of losing in D-I. Honestly guys, an NCC schedule was twice as hard as what you put together this season. The admin must be worried about those donations coming in. For real, all of those "connections" that Amy has really have paid off this season.

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 10:54 PM
that's an interesting conjecture BBALLFan, but you're off the mark

we had games with established DI programs penciled in, but our RPI wiped them off the books

bballfan
10-01-2004, 12:15 AM
that's an interesting conjecture BBALLFan, but you're off the mark

we had games with established DI programs penciled in, but our RPI wiped them off the books

What do you mean by that? *Amy had scheduled games with D-I's but then they suddenly found out about the RPI? *Or were they trying to do like your volleyball team did, only they couldn't get enough games? I could understand that.

BisonMav
10-01-2004, 01:53 AM
What do you mean by that? *Amy had scheduled games with D-I's but then they suddenly found out about the RPI? *Or were they trying to do like your volleyball team did, only they couldn't get enough games? *I could understand that.
Maryland and Marshall are 2 games that were put on hold until next year.

JBNJBQ
10-01-2004, 05:33 AM
No they havent. *When NDSU announced the move all coaches and players were told if they wanted to transfer NDSU would give them all the help they could. *Everyone associated with the program knows the situation and has accepted it.

That was before the women saw the schedule I'm sure. The schedule just came out (rather late I might say). *Amy is protecting her record, that is important when you are looking to move up to a bigger school..

BisonMav
10-01-2004, 02:00 PM
I am sure Amy was upfront with the players about what the schedule was going to be like. Like I said before, she has done a lot for women's basketball at NDSU and the NCC. She brought a lot recognition to the NCC, which also helped the Jacks and other NCC teams when recruiting time came along. Play for us, the NCC champ has a shot at the National Championship.

BisonBBALL
10-01-2004, 07:13 PM
The 5 year contract is a positive sign for Ruley, Miles and the Bison program in general. Stability is important during the transition.

NoDakSt
10-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Amy would probably do the job for free. It's important that as a Division I school that SU pay comparable to other schools in the region in order to attract future coaces and maintain gender equity.

BisonBBALL
10-02-2004, 05:20 AM
If salaries are compared, then Miles should have "gender equity" issues! ;)