PDA

View Full Version : Pintar Interim Head Coach at Mary

BisonMav
06-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Juno will get to coach the best small college team in the state next year.

Fargo Forum:

Mary names Pintar

The University of Mary has appointed assistant men's basketball coach Juno Pintar as interim head coach, athletic director Al Bortke says.

Pintar, a Fargo North High School and North Dakota State graduate, will fill the position next season, while a search is conducted for a permanent replacement for Jim Feeney.

Feeney resigned earlier this month after nearly a decade with the team to take a position with a pharmaceutical company and spend more time with his family.

Pintar has been involved with the Bismarck university's athletic program for a decade. He also is head coach of the school's men's and women's golf teams.

SDSUFAN
06-16-2004, 02:20 PM
I remember Juno when he played for the Bison. I thought he was a very good athlete. You often wonder where these athletes end up after basketball. Good luck Juno at Mary University.

Another Bison player that sticks in my mind is the inside guy from the mid 80's Regier I think his name was. He was very solid and if he got the ball inside it was usually two points.

NDSU_grad
06-16-2004, 02:37 PM
I think you're thinking of Joe Reigner. *If I remember right he played not too long after Lance Berwald. The Bison definitely had their share of good big men in the 80's.

SDSUFAN
06-16-2004, 02:49 PM
NDSU GRAD

Thanks thats exactly who I was referring too. I believe he did very well academeically and won some scholarship for graduate study. So I suspect Joe is probably doing very well for himself somwhere in this world.

NDSU has had good basketball talent over the years, its just a matter of getting all that talent to play as a team, and I think your current guy Miles is doing a good job trying to make that happen. I am not about to put the NDSU games in 2004-05 in the W column just yet. The Jacks could be surprised.

WYOBISONMAN
06-16-2004, 04:02 PM
What ever happened to Berwald?

BisonMav
06-16-2004, 04:11 PM
What ever happened to Berwald?
I know he played in Europe for a long time, and is an assistant coach at Richfield High School in the Twin Cities. *

I found it on the net.
Regular Job (http://www.mnhomeguide.com/Nav.aspx/Page=/About/Default.aspx)

WYOBISONMAN
06-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks Mav!

Bisonguy
06-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Another former Bison takes the reigns of a small college North Dakota program- he's a 1998 NDSU grad- this story didn't mention that

Jimmies name coach

Jeff Trumbauer, a former assistant at North Dakota State and Minnesota State Moorhead, has been named the new head men's basketball coach at Jamestown College.

Trumbauer takes over the Jimmie basketball program after serving as an assistant coach to Tom Billeter at Augustana (S.D.) in the North Central Conference last season.

A news conference to introduce Trumbauer to the media and community is set for 2 p.m. today at the Reiland Fine Arts Center's Kenneth A. Meier Lobby and Gallery.

The Jamestown College post is Trumbauer's first head coaching position. Before joining the Augustana coaching staff, the Battle Lake, Minn., native had served as an assistant coach at Dartmouth (N.H.), MSU Moorhead and as a graduate assistant at Northern State University (S.D.).

He takes over a Jamestown College men's basketball program that has been a perennial Dakota Athletic Conference power. Brad Huse, who resigned to take an assistant coaching job at NCAA Division I Montana, led the Jimmies to four NAIA Division II national tournament appearances, including the last three seasons. Jamestown College was the No. 1-ranked team in NAIA Division II all last season and won its third consecutive DAC-10 title.

"I am excited about the opportunity to take over the tradition-rich program at Jamestown College and to be a staff member of an outstanding academic institution," Trumbauer said. "I have had the opportunity to work for some of the area's best coaches in Tom Billeter (Augustana), Mike Olson (MSUM) and Bob Olson (Northern State).

"These experiences have prepared me to take on the task of maintaining a championship program."

– Scott Throlson, Jamestown Sun

SDSUFAN
06-17-2004, 02:17 PM
I had just read a small blurb in the Argus Leader that Jeff Trumbauer was going to Jamestown. I thought when Billiter got the call from Augie that Dana Grimsrud would be his assistant. I did not realize that Trumbauer had a NDSU connection and had been Biliter's assistant up there and was senior to Grimsrud in the assistant coaching pecking order.

I guess you learn something every day from this board.
;) I wonder who will replace Trumbauer at Augie? Not much to talk about during the dog days of summer.

Hammerhead
10-17-2004, 08:28 AM
What did we do before Google?

JOE REGNIER, basketball center, 1983-87—One of the most prolific big men in the North Central Conference during his standout career ... Played for current NDSU associate AD, Bison Hall of Fame member and former head men's basketball coach Erv Inniger ... Three-time 1st team All-NCC in 1986-87-89 as a freshman, sophomore, and senior ... NCC Stan Marshall Male Student-Athlete of the Year winner in 1988-89 ... Selected to the 1989 CoSIDA Academic All-America first team ... Recipient of a NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship in 1989 ... Three-time academic All-NCC ... Named NDSU team captain for an unprecedented three seasons ... Four-year starter for the Bison, setting school career records for points (1,717), rebounds (872), and blocked shots (146) ... The rebound mark has held up, and he's still No. 2 in career points and blocked shots ... Averaged 15.3 ppg over 112 career games ... Top season was the 19.3 ppg senior year ... Played professional basketball in Australia for three different teams over seven years ... Member of two championship teams while in Australia ... Played pro basketball in Malaysia for a season, claiming the inaugural Malaysian Basketball Championship in 1995 ... Coached professionally in Sydney, Australia, for two years ... Working sales for Lucent Technologies ... Currently a senior sales manager for Lucent ... Currently resides in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife, Sharon, and two children, Michael and Andrew.

Source:
http://i-aa.org/article_print.asp?articleid=61730

I remember Juno when he played for the Bison. I thought he was a very good athlete. *You often wonder where these athletes end up after basketball. *Good luck Juno at Mary University.

Another Bison player that sticks in my mind is the inside guy from the mid 80's Regier I think his name was. *He was very solid and if he got the ball inside it was usually two points. *

scottheck
10-23-2004, 03:45 PM
That was his bio for induction into the Bison Hall of Fame 2 weeks ago.