PDA

View Full Version : Moron Mcsquirrel

wfduck
11-19-2004, 01:44 PM
wrote another one of his crappy columns about NDSU BB today

Mike rants about SU being ranked near the bottom of the computer rankings and relates it will take 10 years to crawl out of the cellar and be a legit D1 BB program.

Ya know what Mike SHUT UP...just SHUT UP. BB takes 7 solid players to compete. Football is 10 times that amount.

The fact the NDSU is a premie in D1 means ZERO. Look at Penn State they are ranked 290 something in the same computer rankings. Does that mean that Penn State should drop out completely of D1 athletics? That's the jist of what I took from his sarcastic column about NDSU move to D1 athletics.

He's just pissed because the NDSU football team went 8-3 and his alma mater MSU went 0fer the year.

Bisonfan01234
11-19-2004, 02:07 PM
And Moorhead St. is taking a graceful bow as they (finally) drop. (I hope!)

NDSU_grad
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
He's been doing this for 15 years, and yet everybody continues to get worked up when he writes an anti-Bison article. I think he was right except for his timeline; it would only take 4-5 years and not 15 for basketball to be competitive in the Sky.
His slap at Bohl and the football team was uncalled for though.

JBB
11-19-2004, 04:10 PM
The Duck said it all in the thread title.

tony
11-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Well, I just took a look at the ratings... NDSU, UC Davis, and SDSU are all tied and put on the bottom. Why? Probably because the ratings haven't even been applied to them yet... sheesh!

Drake beat #206 Robert Morris, 121-56.
Drake beat #332 NDSU, 65-49.

NDSU has a long way to go but putting stock in a rating system that hasn't been applied to NDSU yet makes no sense.

Sometime near the end of 2005, the Sagarin rating will mean something.

IowaBison
11-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Well, I just took a look at the ratings... NDSU, UC Davis, and SDSU are all tied and put on the bottom. Why? Probably because the ratings haven't even been applied to them yet... sheesh!

Drake beat #206 Robert Morris, 121-56.
Drake beat #332 NDSU, 65-49.

NDSU has a long way to go but putting stock in a rating system that hasn't been applied to NDSU yet makes no sense.

Sometime near the end of 2005, the Sagarin rating will mean something.

I'd imagine that NDSU's rating of 48.-- the equivalent of SDSU and Davis means there is absolutely no data to use to evaluate the quality of the teams. What a surprise!

It takes a real a89hole like McFeely to incorrectly apply information to put the team down.

wfduck
11-19-2004, 10:28 PM
I think from past writings we can assume Mike reads this board.

Nice work Mike 99% of the sporting world reads your crap and assumes you know what your talking about.

The informed minority realizes your little more than a pencil neck--wannabe--neverwas---ZERO!

insane_ponderer
11-19-2004, 10:33 PM
I think from past writings we can assume Mike reads this board.

Nice work Mike 99% of the sporting world reads your crap and assumes you know what your talking about.

The informed minority realizes your little more than a pencil neck--wannabe--neverwas---ZERO!

nah, i would give those 99% of people alot more credit...there are alot of people that i wouldnt call "informed" but even they can realize that moron mcsquirrel is a prick just by his writing style.

TheBisonator
11-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Here's what I've been wondering: What the hell is an MSU-M graduate doing writing about NDSU?? What business is it to him if the Bison do this or that?? He has no connections to the Bison.

Leave the Bison writing to Jeff Kolpack, I say. They should tell McFraudly to stop writing anything at all about NDSU.

Bisonfan01234
11-19-2004, 10:45 PM
You can be a fan of NDSU without graduating from it.

TheBisonator
11-19-2004, 11:16 PM
He's not a fan of NDSU... ::)

wfduck
11-19-2004, 11:49 PM
he's a critic of NDSU...not fair and balanced either

scottheck
11-19-2004, 11:59 PM
It isn't fair and balanced. It gives no credit to Bohl and his staff. The team was within a drive and a couple plays of being undefeated. Good teams win close games and they did that. Great teams win all the close games and we couldn't quite manage that.

Yes, men's BB will be hard, nobody has illusions about that. I think this paints an exceptionally, and over the top, ugly picture.

wfduck
11-20-2004, 12:42 AM
;) precisely. What I don't understand is trying to paint D1 as a bad move because BB may not be competitive schedule wise of talent wise. He just shrugs off FB success. FB success was huge considering the potential for a subpar season. Imagine his sarcasm had FB been below .500

BISON_PRIDE
11-20-2004, 01:52 AM
No matter how long it takes the BISON to become respectable in basketball ( I think 4 years) they will be more interesting. Playing a DI schedule, after this year, and losing bad, is more interesting than playing an NCC schedule and going .500 I think most people feel that way but he didn't bother mentioning that.

wfduck
11-20-2004, 03:00 AM
you hit it. i'd rather lose to UNI or play KState tough like we are than beat Mankato or St Cloud