PDA

View Full Version : Northern State

JBB
11-23-2004, 01:24 PM
It looks to me we play NS 3 times this season. First game is Friday in Marshall. Northern just beat Jamestown 101-74 to go 4-0. They have given us all we could handle in the past and it looks to be that way again.

Bisonfan01234
11-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Why in Marshall?

IowaBison
11-23-2004, 02:00 PM
The Southwest Minnesota BBall Tourney of course! ;)

JACKGUYII
11-23-2004, 03:19 PM
I know games are hard to come by this year for both SU's but playing the same DII team 3 times?

BisonMav
11-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I know games are hard to come by this year for both SU's but playing the same DII team 3 times?
In a tourney then home and home?

Should be okay for the first year, after that no.

TheBisonator
11-23-2004, 03:57 PM
After this year, we'll only be allowed to play three non-DI (read: DII) teams in a season, but I hope that one of them can be Northern State. I have a lot of respect for their basketball program, and I hope we can play them some more in the future, regardless of our DI schedule. Of course, I'd only accept us hosting them, not travelling to them.

JACKGUYII
11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
I have the same respect for Northern's Basketball program. We originally had a game with them this year and then cancelled when another DI game became available. The Jacks beat them easily in the regional in Denver last year. They are very tough to beat in the Barnett Center in Aberdeen and enjoy outstanding fan support.. I still think if not for their dwindling enrollment they would be a good option for the NCC.

jack100
11-24-2004, 05:39 AM
I have the same respect for Northern's Basketball program. We originally had a game with them this year and then cancelled when another DI game became available. The Jacks beat them easily in the regional in Denver last year. They are very tough to beat in the Barnett Center in Aberdeen and enjoy outstanding fan support.. I still think if not for their dwindling enrollment they would be a good option for the NCC.

why should SDSU have any respect for Northern - how many times have they won in the last 20 meetings - maybe 2. Went to the Northern - SDSU game in Aberdeen couple of years ago - as I was walking out of the arena a Northern fan made the comment that it sure is a good rivalry. I just nodded - what I wanted to say is that Northern has beat SDSU a couple of times in order for any rivalry talk at all.

JACKGUYII
11-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Because their program has always been competitive in the Northern Sun and has some of the most passionate fans in DII. They are usually in the top 10 in DII for attendence. While the Jacks have been dominate as we should that doesn't mean I can't have respect for their program. I remember a certain regional game at Frost a few years back when the Miller kid lit us up. NDSU has struggled against Northern. The town of Aberdeen really supports Northern and it's basketball programs.

JBB
11-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Thats true about NDSU and NS. *If regular wins by both teams are a requirement for a good rivalry than NDSU and Northern qualify as rivals. *Im sure the Northern fans are excited about playing SDSU and see it as a big game. *Do you think you will continue to play them?