PDA

View Full Version : Sagarin ratings

NDSU_grad
12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Good news. *We've "climbed" to 309 (out of 332) in the Sagaring ratings. *SDSU is 280. *Way to get out of the cellar guys. ;D

Sagarin ratings (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0405.htm)

Edit: If I'm interpreting his ratings right, SDSU up to this point has the 4th toughest schedule in the nation, and NDSU has the 25th. Can that possibly be right?

IowaBison
12-06-2004, 06:41 PM
pretty sure it is,

I saw Tennessee-Martin and Nicholls State on their too and they've been playing (and getting beaten handily) by some very good team.

Big_BisonFan
12-06-2004, 07:00 PM
I don't see how that could be right if we play Northern State twice, Jamestown College tonight, Minnesota-Duluth, Concordia, Mayville State, the list goes on.

If you play in the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC, Big East, etc. Your conference schedule has to be way stronger than ours.

IowaBison
12-06-2004, 07:03 PM
it only counts the DI games

NDSU_grad
12-06-2004, 07:30 PM
ND Bison is right. Once conference play starts, the power conference teams will jump up in the schedule strength ratings. I just thought it was odd that SDSU would be #4. They haven't played anybody that good.

jackmd
12-06-2004, 08:59 PM
ND Bison is right. *Once conference play starts, the power conference teams will jump up in the schedule strength ratings. *I just thought it was odd that SDSU would be #4. *They haven't played anybody that good.

UW-Milwaukee, Butler, Manhatten, and Illinois-Chicago are all well-respected mid-major teams. *Marquette has moved to the forefront of the mid-majors and has gained some recognition as a premier BB school (not on par with Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc..) but returning to the glory of years gone by (remember Al Maquire's teams?). *I would wager that no first year DI team has ever played an early season schedule this difficult. *Maybe I'm wrong but this years early schedule is about as tough as anyone could ask for. *The middle of the year is softer with one last big game against Colorado. *Granted, we didn't get an early game against the Big 12/Big 10 like you did, but we will.

NDSU_grad
12-06-2004, 09:31 PM
UW-Milwaukee, Butler, Manhatten, and Illinois-Chicago are all well-respected mid-major teams. *Marquette has moved to the forefront of the mid-majors and has gained some recognition as a premier BB school (not on par with Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc..) but returning to the glory of years gone by (remember Al Maquire's teams?). *I would wager that no first year DI team has ever played an early season schedule this difficult. *Maybe I'm wrong but this years early schedule is about as tough as anyone could ask for. *The middle of the year is softer with one last big game against Colorado. *Granted, we didn't get an early game against the Big 12/Big 10 like you did, but we will.

I think you guys have played an excellent schedule; that wasn't my point at well. I just don't think it's the 4th toughest schedule in the nation. Without looking at the RPI, I would guess that Marquette and UWM are in the top 100. Still an excellent schedule for the Jacks though.

JBB
12-07-2004, 03:05 AM
The 20 pt pasting we put on Jamestown tonight should give us some mometum to break into the high 200s say 280-290 maybe? 8)

Bisonguy
12-07-2004, 03:08 AM
The 20 pt pasting we put on Jamestown tonight should give us some mometum to break into the high 200s say 280-290 maybe? * * 8)

Sagarin only acknowledges DI games. In the eyes of the Sagarin ratings, DII, DIII, and NAIA opponents do not exist.

filbert
12-07-2004, 04:41 AM
I think you guys have played an excellent schedule; that wasn't my point at well. *I just don't think it's the 4th toughest schedule in the nation. *Without looking at the RPI, I would guess that Marquette and UWM are in the top 100. *Still an excellent schedule for the Jacks though.
SDSU's current strength of schedule is probably legit.

Sagarin has UW-Milwaukee at #10
Butler at #44
Illinois-Chicago at #69
Manhattan at #97

I doubt that too many other teams have played four top-100 D-I schools this early in the season.

Jacks99
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
SDSU has #1 toughest schedule now. #173 overall

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0405.htm

NDSU at #204 and 25th hardest schedule