PDA

View Full Version : Bison Game Updates

bisonranch
11-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Denver is too much for Bison, 42-24 at half.

51-34 at 15:26 in the 2nd half.

BisonMav
11-22-2004, 02:25 AM
Final

Denver 79
Bison 62

tony
11-22-2004, 04:27 PM
I got to listen to that for a while but had to leave. Man, NDSU was turning it over left and right at first. That Billups guy was way too quick for us.

mikelsch
11-22-2004, 06:38 PM
I was encouraged by the results this weekend. I listened to the games and came to the following conclusions:

Men's Bison BBall
1. Tim Miles is a very good coach. His system and personality will be successful once he has the talent. This year's team will struggle with talent, and would be low-middle of the pack in the NCC and certainly would not make the NCAA tourney.
2. Denver and K-State will be middle of the pack DI teams. They hurt us with their size, quickness, and shooting ability (Denver>K-State). Last year's (or the previous year's) Bison team might have gone 2-0.
3. The talent isn't that far away with the upcoming redshirts and newly signed recruits. Miles has accumulated athletic, quick, and good-shooting guards and forwards. But we must have 2 big guys to complete the pool.
4. If we get into the Big Sky, NDSU will compete for the dance more years than not. Don't expect anything more than that. But, just getting into the dance is worth about 10 DII elite eights and more than a DII championship.
5. A remodeled BSA will be consistent with a mid-major BBall facility.

Women's Bison BBall
1. This year's team will be quite good and will be competitive with Cincinnatti and TCU (mid-major DI teams). Would be at the top of the NCC and DII (with UND and SDSU as usual). Will be better than last year's team (smarter, deeper), unfortunately won't have a chance to prove it...just like the football team.
2. Amy Ruley will continue to attract talented players, and will get even better players because of DI.
3. The jump from DII to DI women's BBall isn't nearly as hard as men's. We already have competitive size, quickness, and shooting ability. Just need to ratchet up the abilities one notch to be very competitive on the national scene.
4. If we get into the Big Sky, expect NDSU to do very well, and compete for the dance on a yearly basis. NDSU winning games in the DI tourney would not be surprising.

bisonranch
12-05-2004, 03:29 AM
72-66 Bison win at Northern St.

JBB
12-11-2004, 12:29 AM
BISON Women lead Presentation College by 27 right now. I dont know anything about Presentation but it sounds like the BISON bench is on the court. 33-6 6 minutes to half.

JBB
12-11-2004, 03:36 AM
BISON lead Mankato by 1 with 7.23 left to play. *Attendance is 2,175. *Lots of turnovers for the BISON.

Bisongold
12-11-2004, 04:14 AM
Bison lost by 3.

dnk
12-11-2004, 05:05 AM
Was a great game!! NDSU executed their game plan to
perfection, but couldn't get some key shots to fall..
Mankato is a talented team!

DIBISON
12-11-2004, 05:28 AM
Just got home from the game. The Bison men should've and could've had the game, a couple of "wasted possessions" at the 6-7 minute mark could have been the difference.

Miles is a coach, good gameplans and gets the most out of his team. This year seems to be a waste for Bison BB but it will get better year by year.

87Bisonfan
12-11-2004, 06:18 AM
What is the scholarship limitation differences between DII and DI schools? *Is it as substantial as football?

I am referring to scholarship limits for BB.

Bisonguy
12-11-2004, 06:25 AM
What is the scholarship limitation differences between DII and DI schools? *Is it as substantial as football?

I am referring to scholarship limits for BB.

DI increases to 13 for the men, from 10 in DII.

The limit for the women is 15 in DI, and I believe it's 12 or 13 in DII.

purplemavfan
12-11-2004, 03:15 PM
I heard the game at NDSU last night, wish I could have attended.....what changes are going to be made to the field house to upgrade it for division I? Are games with Minnesota, Iowa State, etc, in the works in upcoming years?

UND92
12-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Tough loss last night. I know mankato is good but to lose to a DII school, come on. Seems like the bison are having trouble competing and beating the NCC boys in football and basketball this year. Does this loss hurt your chances of cracking the top 25 in DI hoops?

Bisonguy
12-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Tough loss last night. *I know mankato is good but to lose to a DII school, come on. * Seems like the bison are having trouble competing and beating the NCC boys in football and basketball this year. *Does this loss hurt your chances of cracking the top 25 in DI hoops? *

There's a smack board for this type of blather.

BisonMav
12-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Tough loss last night. *I know mankato is good but to lose to a DII school, come on. * Seems like the bison are having trouble competing and beating the NCC boys in football and basketball this year. *Does this loss hurt your chances of cracking the top 25 in DI hoops? *
I hope fans like this fall off the UND bandwagon when they go DI.

Tatanka
12-12-2004, 12:36 AM
I hope fans like this fall under the tires of the UND bandwagon when they go DI.
Fixed.