PDA

View Full Version : Bison BB Show

DIBISON
01-03-2005, 08:17 PM
The Bison BB Show started last night on WDAY TV. It will run for the next 10 weeks at 10:30 PM.

Did anyone else watch it. I was surprised at the content and production. The whole show was shot in the BSA and the hosts and coaches were always standing and talking. The host was Nichole Phillips (?) wife of the new men's bb assistant from Wisconsin.

I believe NDSU must have produced the whole show. Anyone have thoughts on the show?

mikelsch
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
The new host is Nicole Phillips, Saul Phillips (assistant men's coach). She is a mass communications major, and was Miss Wisconsin 1997. She hosted the NBC affiliate's morning show in Madison, and worked as a news reporter for Fox in Milwaukee. I did like the host, she was quite friendly, attractive, and personable. This is probably a new type of gig for her, but she certainly has the skills.

The first show looked to be a "meet and great" the host, head coaches, and starters for both teams. It did not have specific game recaps. I am interested to the following shows. Hopefully their will be more specific game information and break-down segments like the football show. I trust that the BBall show will improve, just like the FB show improved.

I would like to see a mixture of the interactive spots (from the current format), and some sit down interviews (from the old format). The U of Minnesota does this type of format, and it is well done. NDSU did produce the show, similar to the football show. If you check out other DI coaches' shows around the country, they are typically produced by the university. This format is generally cheaper and all content is controlled.

Bisonguy
01-03-2005, 09:30 PM
I liked the new version. It didn't have as much of a scripted feel to it- reminded me of old NBA Inside Stuff or something like that show.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the shows are.

My biggest gripe about the BB show: Ruley and Miles have to share the half-hour spot. I wish they each could get thirty minutes.

mikelsch
01-03-2005, 09:33 PM
I think two shows are certainly a possibility if, and when, both programs are respectable in DI.