PDA

View Full Version : Attendence for New DI's and Indies

Bison_Kent
01-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Here is a list so far of the average attendence for men's basketball with all the Independents. *As you can see, NDSU isn't doing to badly in comparison to the others when you consider the four home games were against Jamestown College, Mankato State, MN-Duluth, and Concordia-Moorhead. *

N. Colorado------7 home games, 765 avg attendence
UC Davis----------5 home games, 1764 avg attendence
SDSU--------------6 home games, 1869 avg attendence
NDSU-------------4 home games, 1586 avg attendence
Utah Valley State---7 home games, 931 avg attendence
Longwood(VA)----5 home games, *757 avg attendence

Other DI Independents
IUPU-Fort Wayne---7 home games, 2487 avg attendence
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi-8 home games, 3294 avg
Texas-Pan American--8 home games, 1432 avg
Savannah State----10 home games, 501 avg attendence

New DI Schools Next Year:
Kennesaw State---10 home games, 327 avg attendence
North Florida-----6 home games, 532 avg attendence

WYOBISONMAN
01-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Well.........we are towards the top of the pack.......even if it is a rather undesirable pack. This year will be the toughest one. I think from now on this gets much better with basketball. Next year the red-shirts come off and the Bison Men will have a much easier time scheduling opponents.

JACKGUYII
01-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I think both of the State U's will see a spike in attendence next year with a few home DI games and much better talent playing on the Men's side.

WYOBISONMAN
01-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I hope so.....and I do think you are right.

roadwarrior
01-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Its nearly a 500 mile round trip for me to attend any home BISON games. This season it is very tough to justify the driving time to watch a game against most of the teams we are playing at home. Next year its a much different story. I'll be racking up the miles on I-94 next season and plan to attend as many of the home contests against D-I opponents as I can. However I did purchase my two season tickets this season, so I'm still supporting the program.

Bisongold
01-18-2005, 03:33 AM
Your right Roadwarrior. It will get better. It is 300 miles for me and after watching the Concordia game I am not interested in seeing others. Boring basketball against marginal teams. However, next year I am sure I will see many more. While I don't expect miracles next year, we will definitely beat many D-1 teams and it will be interesting seeing the huge increase in talent coming to Fargo.