PDA

View Full Version : Tim Miles Coaches blog

kchats
01-14-2005, 06:47 PM
For those of you with a subscription to the BisonZone Tim Miles has another entry on the Coaches Blog. He is very honest and upfront in his assessments. I think he is a really good guy. I have been reading comments that he is a good coach from the division I opponents this year, so now all he needs to do is recruit division I talent to the Bison. 8) Enjoy the blog if you can.

mikelsch
01-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I haven't seen the Blog, but I do agree with your assessment of Tim Miles. He is a very good coach, and from what I hear...a very good guy. He just needs more talent, because his system works well. Just look what he has done with this year's group. They have been competitive in most games. This group just gets in real trouble when on short rest (Rider, Oakland, Denver), and when completely outmatched (Manhattan).

roadwarrior
01-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Comments Miles says about the future: He thinks that he has a tremendous core of excellent players with size and athleticism in his 8 players that are being redshirted or are still in high school. He adds that he needs another banger inside and another athlete at forward. Also states that the coaches need to sign a couple more impact players.

I cannot wait for the games next season!

tony
01-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Coach Miles writes very well too - definitely a lot of potential for basketball.

Flintstone
01-27-2005, 01:53 AM
I saw Miles at an NDSCS game in Wahpeton last week. I'm guessing he was looking at Andre Smith, a 6'8" PF form St. Paul. He is very athletic, a good scorer from the free-throw line in, and plays tough D. He was the national JUCO DI player of the week a couple of weeks ago. The game Miles was at, I'm guessing he had around 15 points, 8-10 boards and 3 or 4 blocks.

BisonFan
01-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Umm.... no offense but how can you have a "tremendous core" and still need a

1. Banger inside (Cent. or PF)
2. Athlete at Foward (SF)
3. A couple of impact players (Guards)

It sounds to me like you still need a whole new team. *About next year also, you guys are going to be playing a bunch of redshirt freshman with absolutely no college experience.... talent or not they're going to get the sh*t beat out of them a couple of times and wins are going to be hard to come by. *I'm still not sure about the talent level you guys have brought in. *Between the group of the "fab five" or whatever you call them you have 0 D-I offers. *Most of these guys were NCC caliber players. *Your not going to be dominating opponets for several years to come. *I mean come on, one of the guys played class A ball in North Dakota... doesn't exactly scream of a dominating player. *Your fowards are 6-5 190? 6-9 217? *(I'm sure those are honest weights too, lol). *Unless your weight program can put 40-50 pounds on these guys in a year they're going to get pounded. *Please don't tell me about how they "already beat this years team because they're sooo good". *This years cent on your team is 6-6. *They could win by throwing the ball over their heads. *You guys are in for a real surprise next season when you get to tougher competition.

You are entitled to your opinion Rabbit. However, this opinion belongs on the smack board!

RABBIT
01-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Sorry

D
01-27-2005, 04:58 AM
I saw Miles at an NDSCS game in Wahpeton last week. *I'm guessing he was looking at Andre Smith, a 6'8" PF form St. Paul. *He is very athletic, a good scorer from the free-throw line in, and plays tough D. *He was the national JUCO DI player of the week a couple of weeks ago. *The game Miles was at, I'm guessing he had around 15 points, 8-10 boards and 3 or 4 blocks.

More likely he was there for Jamil Lott, the 6-9 center. Smith has a few offers from schools like Louisianna-Lafeyette as of a few weeks ago. Jamil Lott is the most highly recruited player to come out of Science according to their coach. He is a real presence in the lane defensively and hits the boards well, but is a bit raw offensively despite averaging a fair number of points, but that is inflated playing in such a week region.

Flintstone
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
raw is an understatement.

scottheck
01-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Comment deleted.