PDA

View Full Version : Men recruits

silkamilkamonico
02-05-2005, 04:18 AM
So I was at the game the other night at BB fieldhouse against Northern State, and I noticed that Ben WOodside, one of the highly touted Bison recruits that was redshirting, was not sitting on the bench! Does anyone know if he left the team, is transferring, or what the deal is?

I am somewhat concerned with the men's program. I think Miles is a great coach, and had an awesome recruiting class that is now redshirting, but I have been skeptacle when the Big Sky conference announced they weren't interested, it just makes everything this much more difficult for the men's team as far as recruiting goes, considering they have no conference. Even more difficult then the football team or the women's team for that matter.

Anyone know the morale of the recruits that a4re redshirting? Are they excited to play next year. Or is this season been kind of bland for them? I would hate to lose them to a transfer, I think Miles has something he can work with for years to come if he can keep them.

IowaBison
02-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Don't know if it means much (or anything) during warmups before the Northern State game the rs freshman seemed to having a particularly good time with big smiles.

I'll keep my eyes open for woodside today.

DIBISON
02-06-2005, 12:54 AM
All of the fab five redshirt recruits including Woodside were on the sideline today for the Bison game. Having a good time cheering on the team in victory. I don't think there is any concern with them, they'll be ready for next year!

roadwarrior
02-06-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to the start of basketball next november! Both the men's and women's games will be fun next season. Cheering on both teams in the BSA against D-I opponents will bring back the fans.

silkamilkamonico
02-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah I saw all the guys too, and was relieved. I don't know how many of you guys know what kind of guy Miles is, but he is a great person, and I'm sure the guys love playing for him. I just still kind of worry that they might see another oppurtinuty where they can transfer to a good team, play, and compete for a chance to play in the big dance.

One thing's for sure though, they should all get plenty of playing time next year. With the departure of Kelchen, Green, Dobmeier, and Erbes, I wonder what the chances are of having a starting 5 of all freshman.....

roadwarrior
02-06-2005, 10:53 PM
I think its possible for the starting 5 to be all freshmen next season, but I think Miles will bring in 1, 2 or 3 juco kids, since the upper classes are so thin.

Bisongold
02-07-2005, 04:31 AM
They need more than the 5 freshman!

BisonMav
02-07-2005, 04:08 PM
They need more than the 5 freshman!

The Bison have 8 Freshmen next year.
5 Redshirts and 3 recruits ;)

There are several Juco's on the insiders sight that have NDSU on their interest list.

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2005, 07:21 PM
The Bison have 8 Freshmen next year.
5 Redshirts and 3 recruits *;)

There are several Juco's on the insiders sight that have NDSU on their interest list.

Do you know what the address for the insiders web page is by chance?

scottheck
02-08-2005, 12:29 AM
* * So I was at the game the other night at BB fieldhouse against Northern State, and I noticed that Ben WOodside, one of the highly touted Bison recruits that was redshirting, was not sitting on the bench! *Does anyone know if he left the team, is transferring, or what the deal is?

I am somewhat concerned with the men's program. *I think Miles is a great coach, and had an awesome recruiting class that is now redshirting, but I have been skeptacle when the Big Sky conference announced they weren't interested, it just makes everything this much more difficult for the men's team as far as recruiting goes, considering they have no conference. *Even more difficult then the football team or the women's team for that matter.

Anyone know the *morale of the recruits that a4re redshirting? *Are they excited to play next year. *Or is this season been kind of bland for them? *I would hate to lose them to a transfer, I think Miles has something he can work with for years to come if he can keep them.

Woodside had the flu, according to coaching staff.

BisonMav
02-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Do you know what the address for the insiders web page is by chance?

Here is the search page where you can search by school, or state. Most of the better info is in the pay portion of the site.

Insiders Search Page (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&cfg=bb&c=10)

Bisonguy
02-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Woodside had the flu, according to coaching staff.

Miles just repeated this on Prime Time Sports.