PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan game

Bisongold
01-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Ouch!!

MinotBison
01-06-2005, 02:32 AM
For those of us up here in the hinterlands who can't get clear reception of the radio, what was the final score? I'm gathering it was rather lopsided. :-/

How did this game get scheduled anyway? That's kind of a long way to go for one game. Is it part of a deal where they come here maybe next year or the year after? ???

somebison
01-06-2005, 02:59 AM
89-47

:P

Manhattan will be making a return trip to fargo

tony
01-06-2005, 03:16 AM
NDSU didn't look bad in the second half - they didn't hit anything outside of two feet from the basket in the second half though. I'd have cheered a little but a) I think my wife and I were the only Bison in the stands and b) I thought Miles might identify me as bad luck and ban me from any future games.

Good on the offensive boards. Horrible on the defensive boards. Way, way off on almost every shot outside of 5 feet (seriously, the only shot I saw go in was a 3 from Dobmeier in the first half). Height wasn't much of a factor - even when they had their 7-footer in. Some bad passing the first half... in the first half it was like everybody was playing with a patch over one eye :)

Anyway, I have only one photo which I have entitled
"Where's Belquist?" (don't worry, he wasn't skipping the huddle - he wasn't running off to Dunkin Donuts for a snack).

http://www.diaafootball.com/graphics/bbteam.jpg

-or-

A bigger photo (http://www.diaafootball.com/graphics/bbteambig.jpg)

Nice little gym. Gotta say that BB is fun to watch even when your team is getting pounded.

TheBisonator
01-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Oh man, 89-47. I hope to God this isn't what we're gonna be seeing for the next two decades.

Looks like we're gonna have to keep on the recruiting trail.

Rodentia
01-06-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't think you will be seeing too many games like that once NDSU gets established - it can be a rough transition.

tony
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Good perspective, Rodentia. There are going to be games like this, just have to forget about them and move on.

Bison_Dan
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh man, 89-47. I hope to God this isn't what we're gonna be seeing for the next two decades.

Looks like we're gonna have to keep on the recruiting trail.

I wouldn't worry too much - Villanova beat #21 W. Virginia 84-46 last night. It happens!

Bisongold
01-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Miles has to be fit to be tied at the lack of ability in breaking the press. The word is now out and every team will be pressing from the tip-off. A change of personell will be needed to solve it because it is obvious that the present starters are void in this area. They need to put a team in that the players like to fast break and will attack the press. Do this a couple of times and the press will be history. Unfortunately I don't know if such a lineup exists on the Bison team this year. It looks like Hahn definitely has to sit for a while. When you are the point guard and have as many turnovers as him, it is time for a break. Watch for Concordia to press us also!! If we struggle against them, it will be hard to win any more games!!

BisonWarrior
01-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Anyway, I have only one photo which I have entitled
"Where's Belquist?" (don't worry, he wasn't skipping the huddle - he wasn't running off to Dunkin Donuts for a snack).

Belquist must be out getting the playbook that tells them how to break a press!
:-[

mikelsch
01-07-2005, 04:00 AM
This is the drawback of redshirting 5 prized recruits. With continuous losses, there is the risk of losing confidence and forgetting how to win. I hope this team will find a reversal of fortunes against Concordia, otherwise NDSU men's basketball will be the butt of many local and statewide jokes.

flytrap
01-07-2005, 07:23 PM
By the time I got to Greenies post, I was convinced that many of you have forgotten that this is still a D2 team. And let's be honest...not even a dominant D2 team.
There is not one signed D1 player on the active roster.

Be patient. Whether losses or wins, to D1's or NAIA's, the Division 1 future hasn't even taken a warmup off yet...

JBB
01-08-2005, 12:14 AM
I hear that flytrap. Your right on the money. :)

BisonMav
01-08-2005, 12:26 AM
Belquist must be out getting the playbook that tells them how to break a press!
:-[

Any sightings on Belquist yet? ;)

BisonMav
02-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Any sightings on Belquist yet? *;)

From the Grand Forks Herald, Jan 15th.

"MEN'S BASKETBALL

Two leave Bison team

FARGO - Freshmen Ryan Lieser and Alex Belquist have left the North Dakota State team for the remainder of the season.

Lieser sustained a stress fracture in his leg and will not be able to continue. Belquist, a redshirt for the Bison football team last fall, is leaving to concentrate on football"