PDA

View Full Version : Men's Sagarin Ratings

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
02-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Here is Jeff Sagarin's Ratings for D-I Independants Mens B-ball (number shown is overall for D-I teams)
complete list at:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0405.htm

31 INDEPENDENTS = 63.31 62.61 ( 31) [TEAMS= 10
College Basketball 2004-2005

thru Tuesday, February 15, 2005
140 Texas A&M-CorpusChristi
246 Utah Valley State
254 Texas-Pan American
263 South Dakota State
266 UC Davis
303 Northern Colorado
310 North Dakota State
314 IPFW
330 Longwood
332 Savannah State
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
02-16-2005, 11:05 PM
For any Sagarin ranking go to:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin.htm

Even though his rankings can be, and regularly are pretty bad!

mikelsch
02-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Grain of salt needed....Remember, the players on the current NDSU team were recruited as DII players. All 5 DI recruits are redshirting.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Grain of salt needed....Remember, the players on the current NDSU team were recruited as DII players. All 5 DI recruits are redshirting.

Other than NDSU, how many D-I offers did those "D-I" recruits get? I don't think things are looking all that much better for the future for you guys.

IowaBison
02-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I do, wait 'til next year.

BisonMav
02-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Other than NDSU, how many D-I offers did those "D-I" recruits get? *I don't think things are looking all that much better for the future for you guys.
Below is the Minnesota Preps final rankings for the class of 2004. By Rabbit logic, you two recruits Cadwell and Gilbert are not any better, being in the middle of the pack of the Bison Recruits.

Final Rankings (http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=285295)

Rank Name HT POS Location/School College Choice
1 Spencer Tollackson 6’9 C Chaska, MN (Chaska) MINNESOTA
2 Ryan Amoroso 6’8 P/WF Burnsville, MN (Burnsville) MARQUETTE
3 Mitch Henke 6’6 WF Minnetonka, MN (Hopkins) SANTA CLARA
4 Eric Coleman 6’6 PF Oakdale, MN (Tartan) NORTHERN IOWA
5 Everette Pedescleaux 6’6 PF Robbinsdale, MN (Armstrong) MINNESOTA - Football
6 Miles Webb 6’3 2G Brooklyn Park, MN (Park Center) MINNESOTA
7 Steve Neal 6’4 WF Minneapolis, MN (Patrick Henry) WYOMING
8 Jadee Jones 6’1 2G Minnetonka, MN (Hopkins) FURMAN
9 Patrick O’Bryant 6’11 C Blaine, MN (Blaine) BRADLEY
10 Ben Woodside 5’11 PG Albert Lea, MN (Albert Lea) NORTH DAKOTA ST.
11 Jesse Becker 5’11 PG Osseo, MN (Osseo) SOUTH DAKOTA
12 Andre Gilbert 6’6 1/2G Brooklyn Park, MN (Park Center)
13 Brett Winkelman 6’5 WF Morris, MN (Morris) NORTH DAKOTA ST.
14 Bret Brielmaier 6’8 PF Mankato, MN (Loyola)
15 Ryan Gargaro 6’9 C Maplewood, MN (Hill Murray) NEW HAMPSHIRE
16 Tom Conboy 6’8 P/WF Minnetonka, MN (Minnetonka)
17 Matt Cadwell 6’2 1/2G St. Paul, MN (Cretin-Derham Hall)
18 Tom Lunde 6’8 C/PF Ulen, MN (Ulen-Hitterdal) NORTH DAKOTA ST.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 04:48 PM
I do, wait 'til next year.

OK. I can't wait to see these five guys that no other D-I schools wanted, that after one redshirt season are going to be dominating the D-I ranks. Do you seriously think thats going to happen? I mean, there going to be freshman next year, never have played a college basketball game. Lucas Moorman or whatever his name is, is going to go from playing Class A basketball in North Dakota to dominating D-I teams. You can't possibly be serious. I mean, lets just look at their redshirt year, they haven't even practiced against a team that has the same hieght as they do, what do you think they are going to do when they play a real D-I team? Their going to get absolutely dominated. The guys that you brought in don't even begin to address some of the problems you have right now. You've got two 200 lb 6'8 fowards? A 5'11 guard? oh, thats right, their all freshman next year. Yeah, don't worry I'll wait till next year. ::)

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Below is the Minnesota Preps final rankings for the class of 2004. *By Rabbit logic, you two recruits Cadwell and Gilbert are not any better, being in the middle of the pack of the Bison Recruits. *

Final Rankings (http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=285295)

Rank Name HT POS Location/School College Choice
1 Spencer Tollackson 6’9 C Chaska, MN (Chaska) MINNESOTA
2 Ryan Amoroso 6’8 P/WF Burnsville, MN (Burnsville) MARQUETTE
3 Mitch Henke 6’6 WF Minnetonka, MN (Hopkins) SANTA CLARA
4 Eric Coleman 6’6 PF Oakdale, MN (Tartan) NORTHERN IOWA
5 Everette Pedescleaux 6’6 PF Robbinsdale, MN (Armstrong) MINNESOTA - Football
6 Miles Webb 6’3 2G Brooklyn Park, MN (Park Center) MINNESOTA
7 Steve Neal 6’4 WF Minneapolis, MN (Patrick Henry) WYOMING
8 Jadee Jones 6’1 2G Minnetonka, MN (Hopkins) FURMAN
9 Patrick O’Bryant 6’11 C Blaine, MN (Blaine) BRADLEY
10 Ben Woodside 5’11 PG Albert Lea, MN (Albert Lea) NORTH DAKOTA ST.
11 Jesse Becker 5’11 PG Osseo, MN (Osseo) SOUTH DAKOTA
12 Andre Gilbert 6’6 1/2G Brooklyn Park, MN (Park Center)
13 Brett Winkelman 6’5 WF Morris, MN (Morris) NORTH DAKOTA ST.
14 Bret Brielmaier 6’8 PF Mankato, MN (Loyola) *
15 Ryan Gargaro 6’9 C Maplewood, MN (Hill Murray) NEW HAMPSHIRE
16 Tom Conboy 6’8 P/WF Minnetonka, MN (Minnetonka) *
17 Matt Cadwell 6’2 1/2G St. Paul, MN (Cretin-Derham Hall) *
18 Tom Lunde 6’8 C/PF Ulen, MN (Ulen-Hitterdal) NORTH DAKOTA ST.

Wow... what a great list. Tell me again where Tom Conboy ended up, oh yeah D-III. What about Jesse Becker, USD. Man its almost like that list is worthless indication of who will be a D-I player and who won't. My logic is that Andre Gilbert got 4 or 5 D-I offers. There must be something thats pretty good about him. All 5 of your guys together got 0. Do you get my logic now?

mikelsch
02-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Rabbit,

What you makes you think on a starting-from-scratch DI scale men's BBall scale, that SDSU has any more appeal than NDSU? If Gilbert is so good and had any other decent DI offers, he certainly would have played somewhere else. NDSU's recruits would have done the same thing. Both of our schools are DI pee-ons right now. As far as I am concerned, NDSU and SDSU start out next season (first real DI season) as being EQUAL. Also, I don't think anyone in Bison Nation believes that 5 redshirts are going to instantly change the landscape of NDSU basketball. It is such a long process to build a quality DI program.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
What you makes you think on a starting-from-scratch DI scale men's BBall scale, that SDSU has any more appeal than NDSU? If Gilbert is so good and had any other decent DI offers, he certainly would have played somewhere else

Better facility, better history, better coaches, better recruiting, better current players, better schedule, better future prospects, location closer to his family etc. SDSU has all of these over NDSU, we're not on the same level, at all.

You don't believe me about Gilbert having other offers go to minnesotapreps.com and ask on their message board, he had plenty of offers. That he went to SDSU is a credit to Coach Nagy and his staff.

mikelsch
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
You think your men's program is so elite. I can tell by the stellar season you are having. Maybe it was upper echilon in D2, but that doesn't mean a dang thing now. Everything starts at square one in DI. We'll see how things turn out.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Oh, were in D-I, suddenly Frost Arena turned into a dump that looks like the BSA. *Also coach Nagy lost most of his coaching ability now that were D-I, and forgot how to recruit. *

These things do mean a dang thing now that we are in D-I, and SDSU still has them while NDSU doesn't. *Nagy knew this season was going to turn out this way when we lost both of the guards we thought we were going to have (moeller and Landon Scott). *Believe me, next season will be different.

NDSUstudent
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
What is going to be so different about next season other then the fact that SDSU has to play 25 D1 games. If your team can't beat Morningside or SW St how you going to handle D1 competion next year, face it RABBIT next season is probably going to be alot tougher then this year. NDSU is going to have some of the same problems with being young and inexpierenced and neither coaches have head coached in D1 so we are equal. Both teams have some good young recruits and for the most part it will depend on the coaches on how they adapt to DI play.

silkamilkamonico
02-17-2005, 06:00 PM
better recruiting, better current players, better schedule, better future prospects,

what kind of a recruiting class are you guys bringing in next year?

BisonMav
02-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow... what a great list. *Tell me again where Tom Conboy ended up, oh yeah D-III. *What about Jesse Becker, USD. *Man its almost like that list is worthless indication of who will be a D-I player and who won't. *My logic is that Andre Gilbert got 4 or 5 D-I offers. *There must be something thats pretty good about him. *All 5 of your guys together got 0. *Do you get my logic now?

What's your problem? You keep insinuating that NDSU is claiming to be the next Duke. Most of us are realistic, and can see a better team next year with these recruits, and a possible Juco or two. Does better mean Duke, of course not.

I have seen Cadwell and Gilbert play. I was impressed more with Cadwell. A Couple good recruits. Becker was really skinny, and needed to be stronger for DI basketball. SDSU was recruiting Conboy, and he chose DIII Macalester.

jack100
02-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Rabbit,

What you makes you think on a starting-from-scratch DI scale men's BBall scale, that SDSU has any more appeal than NDSU? As far as I am concerned, NDSU and SDSU start out next season (first real DI season) as being EQUAL.

I think both men's basketball teams will struggle next year. As far as being equal though, I doubt very many Bison fans feel that SDSU's football team is equal to the Bison's. It will take several more wins by SDSU's football team before they are considered an equal. While Rabbit was a little harsh, I would definately give SDSU the edge over NDSU in basketball but would also give the Bison the edge in football.

silkamilkamonico
02-17-2005, 06:39 PM
I think both men's basketball teams will struggle next year. *As far as being equal though, I doubt very many Bison fans feel that SDSU's football team is equal to the Bison's. *It will take several more wins by SDSU's football team before they are considered an equal. *While Rabbit was a little harsh, I would definately give SDSU the edge over NDSU in basketball but would also give the Bison the edge in football. *

well put, and I definetely agree. I don't know if anyone has been comparing NDSU and SDSU in men's basketball, but I sure won't considering wheat they did to us earlier. With that being said, I still think NDSU will have a better team in basketball next year, but probably not better than SDSU.

JACKGUYII
02-17-2005, 07:46 PM
I did not see any of the Bison redshirts play in high school but believe all hail from small outstate schools. Jacks redshirt recruits Gilbert from Park Center and Cadwell from Cretin Derham Hall both played very tough competition in the Twin Cities metro area. I'm not saying you can't be a good player playing in a small town but I hope the Jacks continue get some of the great talent in the Twin Cities vs a player who has great stats but may not be playing the best competition.

NDSUstudent
02-17-2005, 08:14 PM
well put, and I definetely agree. *I don't know if anyone has been comparing NDSU and SDSU in men's basketball, but I sure won't considering wheat they did to us earlier. *With that being said, I still think NDSU will have a better team in basketball next year, but probably not better than SDSU.

If your talking about D2 history you can't compare NDSU and SDSU in mens hoops, but since DI is such a huge leap in competion it puts us on a equal level. I think both teams will be very similar next year both are going to be inexpeirenced and really young.

"but I sure won't considering wheat they did to us earlier. "

Are you talking about this year's game or D2 history? This year NDSU has been the better team so far. Yes, SDSU has had a D1 win but they have also lost to some bad teams, the worst team NDSU has lost to is SDSU.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 08:21 PM
If your talking about D2 history you can't compare NDSU and SDSU in mens hoops, but since DI is such a huge leap in competion it puts us on a equal level. I think both teams will be very similar next year both are *going to be inexpeirenced and really young.

Are you talking about this year's game or D2 history? This year NDSU has been the better team so far. Yes, SDSU has had a D1 win but they have also lost to some bad teams, the worst team NDSU has lost to is SDSU.

Are we on an equal level in football now too? Or does this equal level concept only apply to basketball. There are still a lot of advantages that I listed above that SDSU has, namely FACILITIES, COACHES, not to mention SDSU is a basketball school, while NDSU is a football school. Nothing wrong with that, its just where would you want to play at, a school where you're the main focus, or a school where some people watch you until its time for spring ball.

About next season, SDSU will be young, but not nearly as young as NDSU. We'll have some juniors, several sophmores, redshirt freshman. NDSU will have redshirt freshman with no experience. Plus SDSU still has 4 scholies to give out to bring in some talent.

NDSUstudent
02-17-2005, 08:37 PM
NDSU being a football school never stopped Amy Ruley from forming the greatest womens basketball program in D2 history with some of the best support from fans. Bison fans are supporting D1 hoops at about the same level as SDSU's fans are this year and Bison fans don' stop watching or caring about the basketball team just because spring football rolls around. The NDSU womens team had 7000 fans at a game in March, has SDSU ever done that?

And a move form D2 to IAA isn't anywhere near that big of jump as D2 to D1 hoops, NDSU was an elite D2 football program that could beat elite DIAA football teams(Montana), SDSU is an elite D2 bastetball program that can beat Tennesse State?. Call me when you beat Duke or UNC, the size of the move is what makes us equal.

BisonMav
02-17-2005, 08:41 PM
*NDSU will have redshirt freshman with no experience. *

We don't know that ;D

What about the fact that NDSU is looking for some JUCO help too?

silkamilkamonico
02-17-2005, 08:42 PM
If your talking about D2 history you can't compare NDSU and SDSU in mens hoops, but since DI is such a huge leap in competion it puts us on a equal level. I think both teams will be very similar next year both are *going to be inexpeirenced and really young.

Talking the men's team, and just this year and next. I don't ever consider history into anything when it comes to sports. It's all about what's going on right now!

GoBisonGo
02-17-2005, 08:59 PM
There are still a lot of advantages that I listed above that SDSU has, namely FACILITIES, COACHES, not to mention SDSU is a basketball school, while NDSU is a football school. *

SDSU is a basketball school? That doesn't say much for your other programs then, because your basketball team isn't very good--your men's team anyway.

JACKGUYII
02-17-2005, 09:01 PM
I've been trying to say the same thing in football but the Bison would never hear their beloved football team could be on the same footing as the Jacks. Granted you have significant more scholarships which gives you more depth but I will not concede the Jacks are that far behind as evidenced on the football field 2 of the last 3 years. People on this Board believe because you had success at the DII level you will be succesfull in football at the DIAA level. Consequently I don't believe the Jacks will automatically churn out the wins in Basketball because we have a tradition of success. I do believe both schools have an opportunity to have success in sports that they traditionally have not. I think the Jacks do have advantages in Basketball with Frost,coaching etc as the Bison do in football with the Dome and a budget that can allow for more coaches and ones with more experience.

JACKGUYII
02-17-2005, 09:02 PM
So one bad year in the last 10 and were not a good basketball school.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 09:06 PM
NDSU being a football school never stopped Amy Ruley from forming the greatest womens basketball program in D2 history with some of the best support from fans. *Bison fans are supporting D1 hoops at about the same level as SDSU's fans are this year and Bison fans don' stop watching or caring about the basketball team just because spring football rolls around. The NDSU womens team had 7000 fans at a game in March, has SDSU ever done that?

And a move form D2 to IAA isn't anywhere near that big of jump as D2 to D1 hoops, NDSU was an elite D2 football program that could beat elite DIAA football teams(Montana), SDSU is an elite D2 bastetball program that can beat Tennesse State?. Call me when you beat Duke or UNC, the size of the move is what makes us equal.

SDSU and NDSU were D-II together too. What allowed us to out recruit you? Do you know? Do you think it was wins only? Think about it. What allows NDSU to out recruit SDSU in football? Is that also wins only? The truth is that the same factors that allowed SDSU to out recruit NDSU in basketball talent in D-II are still there, and soon to be there to an even greater extent. If you think that because the label D-II changed to D-I that theres all of a sudden no difference between us your kidding yourself. Who would you give these categories to?

- Facilities
- Coaching
- Scheduling

About the last two, don't turn this into Brookings vs. Fargo, its about Brookings proximity to iowa, that has brought players in over NDSU.

About past success, don't tell me it doesn't matter. Thomas Basset, a high school junior that has already committed to the jacks said this in an interview.

What impressed you about South Dakota State?

"The way they treat their players and the number of wins they have".

Past success still does matter to recruits because it shows what the school expects from their teams. SDSU expects 20 win seasons (even though its going to be awhile in D-I) while NDSU expects mediocrity from their men, as long as football is good. Don't argue about this, you know I'm right.

silkamilkamonico
02-17-2005, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't say NDSU expects mediocrity from their men, although I do agree with your perception of the 2 programs as far as the school;s view of football vs. basketball.......we don't have as good of a men's bball program as you guys for sure, but we have been a contender the last few years.

I look at the last couple of years, when the men were at some point in a race for the NCC title, even though they didn't finish, but either:

1)Myles did a great coaching job for the kind of talent he had to work with, or

2)NDSU wasn't respected as a top of the team conference, because they were so under the radar, or so it felt. Even around here when WDAY covers them, it would be a suprise how the men were competeing. I think the program was real down under Jack-a$$-alotti, he just wasn't a respected coach around here.

I hope Myles can get this program going, because even in D2, in a terrible conference, the men's team has never stood out.

NDSUstudent
02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Yes, Frost and Nagy are great and so is your past success. But a good D1 basktball player from out of the region isn't going to know any of that. It could make a difference in regional recruiting but NDSU has had a couple of good classes in a row now and if they bring success to NDSU more good recruits will follow. NDSU and SDSU have the same expections for next season, the 20 win seasons are going to be gone for a while. Your team and my team are going to have about equal talent next year and you will see equal results. Recruits will base NDSU and SDSU off their current success in D1, most D1 recruits won't care about how you did as a D2, because they aren't going to a D2 school. Face it NDSU and SDSU are about equal in mens hoops now, the D1 move did it. *If there was a IAA for basketball then you would be a little bit better off. If bison football is good then I'm happy but I expect success in basketball as well and so do many bison fans.

And silk the NCC was a pretty good D2 conference

silkamilkamonico
02-17-2005, 09:47 PM
And silk the NCC was a pretty good D2 conference

Is it? I guess I was under the impression that it was an average Division 2 conference nationally. I just don't ever hear anything about the men's side in Division 2 basketball I guess.....

GoBisonGo
02-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Is it? *I guess I was under the impression that it was an average Division 2 conference nationally. *I just don't ever hear anything about the men's side in Division 2 basketball I guess.....

The NCC was the best overall conference in DII, and it's been that way for a long time. Maybe not anymore, but it was.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
02-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Overall yes, but in Men's basketball, no

JACKGUYII
02-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Silk- your lack of knowledge or ignorance shows every time you post on basketball. Maybe you should stay in you comfort zone.

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Silk- your lack of knowledge or ignorance shows every time you post on basketball. Maybe you should stay in you comfort zone.

awesome awesome post man.... ::)

and again, you do the one thing your so very good at, contributing absolutely nothing....

GFBison
02-18-2005, 02:17 AM
Let me help some. ( I hope I got them all)
1958 SDSU Champ
1961 SDSU Third Place
1963 SDSU Champ
1966 UND Forth
1983 Morningside Forth
1985 SDSU Runner up
1990 UND Third

Opps take SDSU and Morningside out because they are no longer NCC, you have two appearances. Not a basketball conference.

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 02:31 AM
1958 SDSU Champ
1961 SDSU Third Place
1963 SDSU Champ
1966 UND Forth
1983 Morningside Forth
1985 SDSU Runner up
1990 UND Third

Opps take SDSU and Morningside out because they are no longer NCC, you have two appearances. *Not a basketball conference.

I wasn't thinking it was. I know it dominated in women but as far as men go it just wasn't happening for the NCC.

GFBison
02-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Silk, I was trying to give you some support that's all. :)

wOW, 100 Posts for a shy introvert like me. *Just think how many I would have if I hit Submit on the other thousand or so.

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 03:18 AM
1958 SDSU Champ
1961 SDSU Third Place
1963 SDSU Champ
1966 UND Forth
1983 Morningside Forth
1985 SDSU Runner up
1990 UND Third

Opps take SDSU and Morningside out because they are no longer NCC, you have two appearances. *Not a basketball conference.

It only took me one line of your post to see that you had your facts screwed up. USD won the title in 1958, I didn't even finish your post after that.
Top to bottom the NCC has been as tough as conference as there has been, in just about every sport. Obviously it's not going to be as tough anymore without us and SDSU.

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 03:33 AM
It only took me one line of your post to see that you had your facts screwed up. USD won the title in 1958, I didn't even finish your post after that.
Top to bottom the NCC has been as tough as conference as there has been, in just about every sport. *Obviously it's not going to be as tough anymore without us and SDSU.

He's not too far off though, considering the NCC hasn't done much at all in the spotlight on the national scene. Weall know how the NCC is/was in other sports, but this is about men's basketball, where they haven't exactly been running away with success.

GFBison
02-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Maybe it's my memory, maybe I read it wrong, maybe it's a bias against USD... I made a typo perhaps, add 1 to the current NCC, still weak, always was.

( I hope I got them all) in the first of the two lines you read should of been a tip off to the content of the facts. :)

One thing the facts show is the Bison never were a factor in mens basketball. *

Still enjoyed watching them though.

JACKGUYII
02-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Silk-I would rather be accused of contributing nothing than continue to post on a topic (basketball)that clearly you *know nothing about or haven't paid attention to for years if ever. I have probably attended more games in the BSA than you have. *

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 04:30 PM
He's not too far off though, considering the NCC hasn't done much at all in the spotlight on the national scene. *Weall know how the NCC is/was in other sports, but this is about men's basketball, where they haven't exactly been running away with success.

I agree that the NCC wasn't winning a lot of titles in men's basketball, but I still think that they were one of the toughest conferences in the country from top to bottom. I think most people would agree that the NCC has been tougher than the RMAC, even though the RMAC has been sending more teams to the Elite 8. The RMAC will often have a very tough couple of teams, often their top team would beat the NCC's top team. However, I think overall the NCC has been a tougher conference for men's basketball.

JACKGUYII
02-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Go Bison- I would agree that from top to bottom Mens Basketball in the NCC year in and year out was one of the premiere basketball conferences in DII Basketball. The RMAC usually had a good Metro or Kearney team while the balance of that conference was weak. The NCC over the last few years had several teams that could compete consistently including SDSU,USD,UND,UNO and St. Cloud. You now have a resurgence of Mankato with Margenthaler at the helm and I think Bilitier will work his magic at Augustana like he did at NDSU. The teams that came out of the NCC have not done real well at the regional or elite 8 but still I think the NCC had more balance than any other DII conference. The NSIC is beginning to develop that same depth.

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Silk-I would rather be accused of contributing nothing than continue to post on a topic (basketball)that clearly you *know nothing about or haven't paid attention to for years if ever.

How do I "clearly not know anything about it"......you don't even know what your talking about....

I have probably attended more games in the BSA than you have.

Yeah, uhhh no....

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh I see what's going on.....I don't know jack $hit about the sport of basketball because I was unsure of the quality of the NCC on the National scene. *Yeah, uh somebody's reaching out there..... ::)

JACKGUYII
02-18-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm assuming it's some kind of RPI index indicator. If it is something along the lines of that NDSU wouldn't have enough D1 games to qualify for it. I think SDSU has had a stronger womens program than NDSU's the last couple years or so(maybe it was USD, I might be wrong), but I don't understand how we got so few D1 games this year, and they got a fair amount. I thought Amy was supposed to have all these great contacts in D1 to play, but we sure didn't get a very good schedule at all. Even if that Maryland tourney was played, we would only of had like 6 games against D1 teams all year.

How about your quote above for one. Not knowing which South Dakota's Women's team has been dominant in recent years proves to me you don't follow Basketball

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm assuming it's some kind of RPI index indicator. If it is something along the lines of that NDSU wouldn't have enough D1 games to qualify for it. *I think SDSU has had a stronger womens program than NDSU's the last couple years or so(maybe it was USD, I might be wrong), but I don't understand how we got so few D1 games this year, and they got a fair amount. *I thought Amy was supposed to have all these great contacts in D1 to play, but we sure didn't get a very good schedule at all. *Even if that Maryland tourney was played, we would only of had like 6 games against D1 teams all year. *

How about your quote above for one. Not knowing which South Dakota's Women's team has been dominant in recent years proves to me you don't follow Basketball

Yeah, I don't follow basketball at all because I don't give a $hit about other teams, especially from South Dakota. *To me it's like, USD, SDSU, who gives a $hit. Throw those 2 teams in with UND, and MSU, and any other team in the NCC that isn't NDSU.

It's not untill SDSU made the transition to D1 with us where I started noticing your school more, big f'n deal.

So what else you got? Throw out another 'fact' for me.

JACKGUYII
02-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Even if in your words you don't give a $hit about basketball which is apparent by your posts I would think if your a Bison fan you would know who has been representing the NCC in the elite 8 in Womens Basketball and the Regional in Mens Basketball. I know your just another Bison fan who lives and breathes football which is great. I hope Jacks fans start paying the same passionate attention to football as we do basketball and evidenced by this years attendence figures in football that is beginning to happen.

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Even if in your words you don't give a $hit about basketball

whoah, slow down. *Where did I say I don't give $hit about basketball? *You need to reread that sentence.

which is apparent by your posts I would think if your a Bison fan you would know who has been representing the NCC in the elite 8 in Womens Basketball and the Regional in Mens Basketball.

why do I have to know about other teams? *I care how the Bison did and that's that. *I know if they win/lose because I follow them. *I'm not going to read the Forum the next day so I can find out who won the Augustana/Mankato game. *Why? *Because I don't care. *That doesn't mean I don't follow basketball and don't know anything about the sport.

I know your just another Bison fan who lives and breathes football which is great.

Are you sure about that? *I'll never miss a football game, but I guess I don't follow that at all either because I don't know/or care for that matter, who won the UC-Davis/Northern Colorado game. *

Sorry for not being a 'true' NCC fan and following the lines and likes of St. Cloud, or South Dakota, or Augustana, or any other college out there. *After all, that is what your getting at here.