PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. SDSU

JBB
02-18-2005, 01:04 PM
The BISON and Jack Rabbits go at it today in the independent tournament in Flordia. Its a great chance for the men to take one form SDSU and set the stage for the rubber match in Fargo on the 26th. Go BISON!!

The Forum lists the game at 4:45 which might be 3:45 our time but Bison Zone puts the time at 12:15? Anybody know for sure when it is? Id love to listen to the game.

IowaBison
02-18-2005, 01:28 PM
I was a little disappointed WDAY didn't do a better job of plugging the game last night at 10. :'(

mikelsch
02-18-2005, 04:09 PM
The game today vs. SDSU is at 4:45 central time. I suggest looking to gobison.com, they are always correct with game times and other NDSU information.

RABBIT
02-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Its going to be tough for SDSU to win this one, being down at a 7 man rotation, and missing steve holdren. I'll be surprised if the bison don't take the next two. It'll be the last two for awhile though.

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Its going to be tough for SDSU to win this one, being down at a 7 man rotation, and missing steve holdren. *I'll be surprised if the bison don't take the next two. *It'll be the last two for awhile though.

I see someone is getting their excuses all lined up. Usually teams wait until they lose to make excuses, but not you. Thats good thinking, that way you have nothing to lose going into the game. If we beat you what can we say--You already told us that we probably would being that you only have 7 players, but if lose, then you can really act smart that you beat us with only 7 players. Pretty crafty Rabbit.

silkamilkamonico
02-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Its going to be tough for SDSU to win this one, being down at a 7 man rotation, and missing steve holdren. *I'll be surprised if the bison don't take the next two. *It'll be the last two for awhile though.

Are you guys short manned? Injuries? Or do you only dress like 9 like the Bison?

RABBIT
02-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I see someone is getting their excuses all lined up. Usually teams wait until they lose to make excuses, but not you. Thats good thinking, that way you have nothing to lose going into the game. If we beat you what can we say--You already told us that we probably would being that you only have 7 players, but if lose, then you can really act smart that you beat us with only 7 players. Pretty crafty Rabbit.

How did I know that somebody would say something like that. There are no conditions whatsoever for you guys that would mean anything. Here are the facts:

SDSU current Rotation:

7 men

SDSU current Scholarship players:

4 men

If you think that beating that team means that you are sooo much better than SDSU, and that you outrecruited and outplayed us fine. I couldn't care less, because your not being realistic. Right now SDSU is playing with a third of a team. If you want to think that beating us means that you "Got your first D-I Win" than your an idiot. NAIA teams have more scholarships than we do right now. I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts, interpret them as you want.

Also, I won't make fun of NDSU for losing any games this year (If you check my posts, I never have) because I realize they are redshirting 5 players, which means they aren't really competitve, its stupid to insult teams that are in situations with rebuilding/injuries/unforeseen losses, becuase it doesn't show what that school is capable of.

RABBIT
02-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Are you guys short manned? *Injuries? *Or do you only dress like 9 like the Bison?

We had 9 last time we played, then Freshman Steve Holdren went out with mono, and Guard Andy Kleinjan ended the season with a foot injury.

Big_BisonFan
02-18-2005, 06:16 PM

GoBisonGo, I would venture a guess that Bison fans would say the same thing if we had only 7 guys playing. Also, maybe not you, but others on this board have made excuses about our team this year with the Bison not playing our all of our best players (the 5 redshirts).

All I am saying is that it is natural for a fan of team to understand the weaknesses of their team and express them in a way that defends a potential loss.

On another note, I hope the Bison win out in this tournament and end the year by continuing their win streak. It would be a great way to end the first D-I season and a great way to motivate next year's team.

JACKGUYII
02-18-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't think there is any question NDSU should win this game today. That being said, and even though the Jacks are shorthanded, I still think Ben Beran and Joe Green are the two best players on the floor and they need to dominate for the Jacks to have a chance.

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 06:38 PM
How did I know that somebody would say something like that. *There are no conditions whatsoever for you guys that would mean anything. *Here are the facts:

SDSU current Rotation:

7 men

SDSU current Scholarship players:

4 men

If you think that beating that team means that you are sooo much better than SDSU, and that you outrecruited and outplayed us fine. *I couldn't care less, because your not being realistic. *Right now SDSU is playing with a third of a team. *If you want to think that beating us means that you "Got your first D-I Win" than your an idiot. *NAIA teams have more scholarships than we do right now. *I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts, interpret them as you want.

Also, I won't make fun of NDSU for losing any games this year (If you check my posts, I never have) because I realize they are redshirting 5 players, which means they aren't really competitve, its stupid to insult teams that are in situations with rebuilding/injuries/unforeseen losses, becuase it doesn't show what that school is capable of.

Don't get your panties all in a bunch, I told you it was nice thinking on your part to post what you did, when you did.
By the way what do you mean when you said I'm an idiot if I think beating SDSU would count as our first DI win? Does that mean that you aren't a DI school yet? I guess we are both provisional DI schools so in some people's eyes it wouldn't count as our first DI win. I'm not sure if thats what you meant or if you meant that SDSU men's basketball team shouldn't count as a DI team because they have some injuries.

RABBIT
02-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Don't get your panties all in a bunch, I told you it was nice thinking on your part to post what you did, when you did.
By the way what do you mean when you said I'm an idiot if I think beating SDSU would count as our first DI win? Does that mean that you aren't a DI school yet? I guess we are both provisional DI schools so in some people's eyes it wouldn't count as our first DI win. I'm not sure if thats what you meant or if you meant that SDSU men's basketball team shouldn't count as a DI team because they have some injuries.

I mean it both ways, right now SDSU doesn't count as a D-I to other D-I's. Also SDSU isn't really even fielding a D-II team right now, our fowards are D-I talent, but our guards are D-II walkons. Does that sound like a D-I team to you? Also, the injuries don't help for obvious reasons.

Bisonguy
02-18-2005, 08:30 PM
NDSU only has nine active players currently on the roster.

Are two more players that much of an advantage?

RABBIT
02-18-2005, 10:35 PM
NDSU only has nine active players currently on the roster.

Are two more players that much of an advantage?

I don't know, is resting 4 players out of 5 a big advantage over resting 2 players out of 5? I think it is. Especially in these back to back games, when players are tired from the previous day.

Jack
02-18-2005, 10:44 PM
For all you Bison clowns who want to listen to the game check out wnax.com, they have a live feed....

somebison
02-18-2005, 11:16 PM
16-11 Bison 10 min to go first half

somebison
02-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Bison up 6 at Half

JBB
02-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Just tuned in sounds like an exciting first half with some controversy, or at least some confusion?

gwendel
02-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Halftime 31-25 Bison

At halftime they said the Bison were 11-0 early in the game.

silkamilkamonico
02-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Bison up by 10 with 1:38 left. Sounds like the short numbers of SDSU are catching up with them late in the game.

SDbison
02-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Any updates on the second half score? Where are you getting updates from? Anyone know if the Jacks radio is broadcasting the game? If so, what station is it on?

SDbison
02-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the score silk

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Bison up by 14!!

SDbison
02-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Time left?

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 12:34 AM
73-55 with :56.5 left

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 12:35 AM
75-55 final

Congrats to the Bison men!

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Bison now lead the series 98 to 90.

SDbison
02-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Awesome.......best of three to be played in Fargo next Saturday. BTW who do the Bison play in the finals of the "little" NIT.

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Florida Gulf Coast or Puerto-Rico-someting-something.

SDbison
02-19-2005, 12:39 AM
I thought SDSU beat Puerto Rico something something

silkamilkamonico
02-19-2005, 12:42 AM
There's like 3 Puerto Rican teams in the tourney.....

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 12:44 AM
I think there's about six of them: Puerto-Rico-someting-something, Puerto-Rico-whatchamacallit, Puerto-Rico-thingamabob, Puerto-Rico-Corpus-doohickey, and I can't remember the last two. :-[

JBB
02-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Bison now lead the series 98 to 90.

Those are the kind of numbers that smack of BB Dominance!! *
8)

Rubber game in Fargo!

SDbison
02-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Thanks again for the info Silk. I guess the Rabbits will be making excuses now (even though they already did). I don't think the Bison are in great shape either as we only have nine on the bench and one of them is a walk on freshman. Great win for the Bison.......will make for a good game against SDSU next week regardless of their team health.

SDbison
02-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Is there a website for this version of the NIT? I have not tried a search yet......of course I will need to spell out National Independent Tournament.

BisonMav
02-19-2005, 01:01 AM
First Division I Win

Clinched a Winning Record

Great Win

jackrabbit1979
02-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Congrats guys, good win. Good Luck tommorrow.

We are really, really bad this year. *Please don't see this as taking away from your win.

JACKGUYII
02-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Congrats Bison. We are starting two walkon guards and need to go out shopping for some guards or next year won't be much fun either. Looking forward to coming to Fargo next weekend. The women's game should be a good one. Jack women just finished beating your opponent tomorrow night Upper Iowa 97-55.

silkamilkamonico
02-19-2005, 01:53 AM
I don't think the Bison are in great shape either as we only have nine on the bench and one of them is a walk on freshman. * *

Who's the walk-on, is it Obadina? Anyone know how the scholarship breakdown is at NDSU? Do they even give like half schollies? All I really know about the scholarships is the 5/8 rule in which I think the NCAA was thinking about taking it away if they haven't already done that.

SDbison
02-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Yes Silk, the walk on is/was Obadina. Don't know much about the scholie rules.

silkamilkamonico
02-19-2005, 04:09 AM
With the 5 freshman redshirting, and although I'm not positive but I am under the impression that we are bringing in 3 recruits, there's 8 players right there. I wonder from this team, with the exception of the seniors of course, who will be back and who won't be?

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 04:16 AM

Looks like both teams had a nine man rotation. -box score (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11898&SPID=697&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=110034)

VISITORS: North Dakota State 15-11
TOT-FG 3-PT REBOUNDS
## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
32 Myron Green......... f 6-10 4-5 5-7 1 5 6 4 21 5 4 0 1 35
52 Andy Kelchen........ f 1-3 1-1 2-2 0 4 4 4 5 2 1 0 0 26
44 David Erbes......... c 7-14 0-0 0-2 1 3 4 2 14 1 0 1 0 24
21 Adam Dobmeier....... g 3-8 0-4 0-0 0 2 2 1 6 3 1 2 0 31
24 Brandon Smith....... g 1-3 1-2 3-4 2 3 5 4 6 4 1 0 3 27
14 Matt Gerber......... 2-4 1-2 0-0 1 1 2 0 5 0 0 0 0 14
30 Dotun Obadina....... 3-4 1-1 0-0 1 1 2 2 7 1 0 0 0 14
33 Phil Hahn........... 2-6 1-5 4-4 0 2 2 0 9 2 0 0 0 21
50 Andrew Brown........ 1-3 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 2 2 1 1 0 0 8
HOME TEAM: South Dakota State 8-17
TOT-FG 3-PT REBOUNDS
## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
40 Steve Holdren....... f 3-9 0-3 4-5 2 3 5 3 10 3 0 0 0 28
44 Joe Green........... f 2-10 1-3 0-0 2 2 4 3 5 1 0 1 0 24
50 Ben Beran........... f 8-14 2-2 6-8 2 4 6 3 24 0 5 1 2 37
04 Luke Geiver......... g 4-12 2-7 0-0 0 0 0 2 10 2 1 0 2 37
20 Brady Hokenson...... g 1-6 0-3 2-2 1 0 1 2 4 3 1 0 0 35
03 Mackenzie Casey..... 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 3 3 0 0 1 2 0 0 6
34 Ben DeWaard......... 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
42 Jared DeJong........ 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 3 3 1 0 0 2 0 0 15
54 Michael Loney....... 0-0 0-0 2-2 0 4 4 3 2 0 0 1 0 17

RABBIT
02-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Looks like both teams had a nine man rotation. -box score (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11898&SPID=697&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=110034)

Yeah, one guy who is so sick they thought he was going to be done for the season, and spent all of yesterday with a doctor and decided to play today, and the other who has scored three points this season. *Know what your talking about before you run your mouth.

And congrats on the win. *A win is a win, a loss is a loss, and I'm not making any excuses, 5 or 13 guys, we lost and you won. *Your guards clearly out classed ours, and Miles had a good game plan prepared for his team. *The Bison men showed a lot of desire to come up with such a dominating win, and I congratulate them. *If I were a bison fan I would be anticipating a win next week also. * *

gwendel
02-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Six Puerto Rican teams! That's funny. But your point is well-made. How tough can the competition be.

There are 2 Puerto Rican teams:

Puerto Rico Rio-Piedras only lost to SDSU by 7.

Puerto Rico Bayamon is not very tough.

You can't find the website by doing a search for NIT, though.

It's Florida Gulf Coast's baby, so that is where you have to go.

This link will give you teams and game scores:

http://www.fgcu.edu/athletics/article.asp?id=382

More info about tournament history is at the main FGCU athletic website:

http://www.fgcu.edu/athletics

Florida Gulf Coast seems to be on a par with SDSU and NDSU. NDSU will have all they can handle tonight. This game means a lot to FGCU. They only have 5 losses all year. They lost to UND the first game of the year at the Disney Classic, 74-63. They have only lost one game on their (apparently) new home court--that to Utah Valley State in last year's championship game of this tournament (which featured only 4 teams).

The big thing is, FGCU is hoping a championship win will get them into the NCAA D2 National Tournament. They are currently 2nd in the D2 South region. They are ranked 15th nationally in D2.

filbert
02-19-2005, 03:46 PM
No excuses.

Bison MBB is better than Jacks MBB.

This year.

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, one guy who is so sick they thought he was going to be done for the season, and spent all of yesterday with a doctor and decided to play today, and the other who has scored three points this season. *Know what your talking about before you run your mouth.

And congrats on the win. *A win is a win, a loss is a loss, and I'm not making any excuses, 5 or 13 guys, we lost and you won. *Your guards clearly out classed ours, and Miles had a good game plan prepared for his team. *The Bison men showed a lot of desire to come up with such a dominating win, and I congratulate them. *If I were a bison fan I would be anticipating a win next week also. * *

Whatever. ::) David Erbes was playing with torn rib cartilage. That's a little more painful than the flu. Know what you're talking about.

SDSU had nine players on their roster. They were supposedly recruited by a better coach, to a better facility, and to a school with a better basketball tradition (although NDSU has the lead in the all-time series). Enough excuses.

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Six Puerto Rican teams! That's funny. But your point is well-made. How tough can the competition be.

I was talking about all of DII, not just this tourney- There's actually four: PR-Bayamon, Cayey, Mayaguez Campus, and Rio Piedras.

Gamehunter
02-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Kinda tought for me to get excited over playing a Puerto Rico team :( :-/

RABBIT
02-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Whatever. David Erbes was playing with torn rib cartilage. That's a little more painful than the flu. Know what you're talking about.

SDSU had nine players on their roster. They were supposedly recruited by a better coach, to a better facility, and to a school with a better basketball tradition (although NDSU has the lead in the all-time series). Enough excuses.

He has mono. Its enough to keep a player from Duke out for 3 weeks, but I guess its no big deal for a player from SDSU thats been suffering through it for 3 months. Oh, and of those 9 players, 4 are walkons, including all of the guards, so SDSU had 5 recriuted players, including 1 with mono, so really we had 4 recruited players on the floor. These aren't excuses, their facts, interpret them how you will.

What do you want me to say? How about this.

"This is the best team SDSU has ever fielded, by a mile. There's absolutely no comparison to any other team in our history. I think that they would give UNC, Duke, Illinois etc. a pretty close game, if not come out with a W. For the bison to pound them, its amazing. Erbes is a first round draft pick, and 4 other players are going to see some NBA time off of this team. If the bison were eligible, I would see a national championship for them this season. I thought SDSU would be able to out recruit you in basketball, but evidently not based on the talent you have brought in this year. I this game I know that SDSU will never be able to compete with NDSU mens basketball. You guys are the next Gonzaga"

Happy now? Even if NDSU is playing SDSU with just as beat up a team as SDSU (there not) what does a win prove? Out of 2 shit#y teams NDSU is the best? Congrats, must be quite an accomplishment. In my opinion the future of our basketball programs starts next season.

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 06:19 PM
He has mono. *Its enough to keep a player from Duke out for 3 weeks, but I guess its no big deal for a player from SDSU thats been suffering through it for 3 months.
Torn rib cartilage has been enough to end a season

*Oh, and of those 9 players, 4 are walkons, including all of the guards, so SDSU had 5 recriuted players, including 1 with mono, so really we had 4 recruited players on the floor. *These aren't excuses, their facts, interpret them how you will.

Yup, I'm sure all of those walk-ons never were contacted (recruited) by the coaching staff at SDSU. I bet they just enrolled at SDSU for an education, then proclaimed one morning at the dining hall, "I'm going to try out for the basketball team!"

What do you want me to say? *
The truth, and not excuses.

How about this.

"This is the best team SDSU has ever fielded, by a mile. *There's absolutely no comparison to any other team in our history. *I think that they would give UNC, Duke, Illinois etc. a pretty close game, if not come out with a W. *For the bison to pound them, its amazing. *Erbes is a first round draft pick, and 4 other players are going to see some NBA time off of this team. *If the bison were eligible, I would see a national championship for them this season. *I thought SDSU would be able to out recruit you in basketball, but evidently not based on the talent you have brought in this year. *I this game I know that SDSU will never be able to compete with NDSU mens basketball. *You guys are the next Gonzaga"
Happy now?

That's one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Even if NDSU is playing SDSU with just as beat up a team as SDSU (there not)
They are. Both teams currently have nine man rosters, each has one player that probably should not be playing.

what does a win prove?
NDSU scored more points

Out of 2 shit#y teams NDSU is the best?
Yes, they won.

Congrats, must be quite an accomplishment. *In my opinion the future of our basketball programs starts next season.
Wow, I actually agree with that one.

RABBIT
02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Where are you going with all of this? Whats your point? Do you think that NDSU has a better men's bball program than SDSU now and for the foreseeable future?

And about Ben Deward (our 9th man), yeah thats exactly what happened with him. I know, I played IM bball against him last year. He a good pickup player but thats it. He is a practice player for the team, thats it. He isn't in any rotation.

jackrabbit1979
02-19-2005, 06:39 PM
i am not an expert in bison's men's bball, but from the post above i can tell you that SDSUI has more like 4 players that would have never averaged more than 2-3 minutes a game on any other SDSU team in recent history. That number could possibly 5-6 as well depending on the year.
Again don't see this as an excuse, you guys are truly better than us this year. Just like we were better than you in football this year ;)
It's a strange world isn't it.

JBB
02-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, not exactly. The NDSU football team lost a very close game to SDSU, true, but our season was much better. Your football season looked a like your BB season.

Our mens BB team is taking a great first step this year. Its been a struggle and fan attention has been down to the hardest core BISON BB fans in the country. There are about 1,000 of them. Looking forward to 2/26 at the BSA. Hope you make it.

Bisonguy
02-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Where are you going with all of this? *Whats your point?
Your excuses are lame.

Do you think that NDSU has a better men's bball program than SDSU now and for the foreseeable future?
NDSU was better last night. Historically, NDSU leads the series 98 to 90, so I see a lot of good DI BB games in the future.

And about Ben Deward (our 9th man), yeah thats exactly what happened with him. *I know, I played IM bball against him last year. *He a good pickup player but thats it. *He is a practice player for the team, thats it. *He isn't in any rotation.

You would expect that a team with such a great basketball tradition, great coaching staff, and great facilities wouldn't have to resort to filling out the roster with "practice" players.

Let's look back at some previous posts from RABBIT:

If you guys want to start an interesting thread maybe it should be something along the lines of "Will we beat SDSU in a single rivalry game this year?"....
Mens basketball- No way in hell
Looks like the game last night wasn't played in hell.

Of course it doesn't THATS WHY COMPARITIVE RESULTS ARE FLAWED, AND THE ONLY WAY TO TELL WHICH OF TWO TEAMS ARE BETTER IS HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS.
SDSU BEAT NDSU, SO SDSU IS BETTER. WHAT THE HELL IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
Interesting concept.

Better facility, better history, better coaches, better recruiting, better current players, better schedule, better future prospects, location closer to his family etc. SDSU has all of these over NDSU, we're not on the same level, at all.
??? ::)

BisonFan
02-19-2005, 08:21 PM
He has mono. *Its enough to keep a player from Duke out for 3 weeks, but I guess its no big deal for a player from SDSU thats been suffering through it for 3 months. *Oh, and of those 9 players, 4 are walkons, including all of the guards, so SDSU had 5 recriuted players, including 1 with mono, so really we had 4 recruited players on the floor. *These aren't excuses, their facts, interpret them how you will.

What do you want me to say? *How about this.

"This is the best team SDSU has ever fielded, by a mile. *There's absolutely no comparison to any other team in our history. *I think that they would give UNC, Duke, Illinois etc. a pretty close game, if not come out with a W. *For the bison to pound them, its amazing. *Erbes is a first round draft pick, and 4 other players are going to see some NBA time off of this team. *If the bison were eligible, I would see a national championship for them this season. *I thought SDSU would be able to out recruit you in basketball, but evidently not based on the talent you have brought in this year. *I this game I know that SDSU will never be able to compete with NDSU mens basketball. *You guys are the next Gonzaga"

Happy now? *Even if NDSU is playing SDSU with just as beat up a team as SDSU (there not) what does a win prove? *Out of 2 shit#y teams NDSU is the best? *Congrats, must be quite an accomplishment. *In my opinion the future of our basketball programs starts next season.

i am not an expert in bison's men's bball, but from the post above i can tell you that SDSUI has more like 4 players that would have never averaged more than 2-3 minutes a game on any other SDSU team in recent history. That number could possibly 5-6 as well depending on the year.
Again don't see this as an excuse, you guys are truly better than us this year. Just like we were better than you in football this year ;)
It's a strange world isn't it.

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."
-Don Wilder

"I have generally found that a man who is good at manufacturing excuses is good at nothing else."
-Benjamin Franklin

"No one ever excused his way to success."
-Dave Del Dotto

"And oftentimes excusing of a fault
Doth make the fault the worse by the excuse."
-William Shakespeare

"Niney-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses."
-George W. Carver

"People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses."
-Dr. Laura Schlessinger

JACKGUYII
02-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Kind of sounds like Bison fans after their loss to the Jacks in Football. I guess nobody likes to lose in their "signature" sport. We can debate this all we want the bottom line is both the Mens Basketball teams are not very good no matter how you slice it and will play the rubber match next Saturday and both women's teams can compete with anybody. I still like the fact the Border Trophy resides in Brookings!

BisonFan
02-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Kind of sounds like Bison fans after their loss to the Jacks in Football. I guess nobody likes to lose in their "signature" sport. We can debate this all we want the bottom line is both the Mens Basketball teams are not very good no matter how you slice it and will play the rubber match next Saturday and both women's teams can compete with anybody. I still like the fact the Border Trophy resides in Brookings!

Oh really?

Enough with the sophomoric comments! SDSU won because they outplayed NDSU in the end. Congrats to SDSU! Enjoy your victory because you earned it.

Bison Fans, it may hurt but that's life. Look forward to next year in the Dome when the Bison take back the Dakota Marker!

Most Bison fans have been very gracious in defeat...and perhaps unfairly tough on your team. I was in the stadium and it was one of those close games that could have gone the other direction if just a couple of factors changed. I think some of the Bison fan/critics would then be singing the praises of the NDSU players.

It's a wornout cliche in sports but I think the Bison team members would agree: this SDSU team has a lot of heart and they just won't give up. They learned an awful lesson at Cal-Davis and turned that terrible experience into something positive.

NDSU is an excellent football team. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I'll be yelling for the Jacks next year in the dome and I'll know the Bison will remember this game.

JACKGUYII
02-19-2005, 10:09 PM
BisBison-your noble quote was certainly an exception. Most Bison fans were not that gracious in defeat!

RABBIT
02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
This is my last post on this. I thought this was a good indication in the difference in our teams yesterday. THIS ISN'T AN EXCUSE, ITS A FACT.

Off of Gobison.com

Both teams played nine players in the game. NDSU's bench outscored South Dakota State's reserves 23-2.

We got 2 points from our reserves. You got 23. Does that sound like we had similar rotations to you? Congratulations on the win.