PDA

View Full Version : There go the Jackrabbits

jackmd
02-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Not to distract you from your fixation with the UND rivalry, but SDSU is coming to town tonight. *Our men have righted the ship and are on a 4 game winning streak, which I expect will continue tonight. *This will give us a share of the lead in the NCC that we won't relinquish (unlike NDSU). *

The women are the defending champs, as I am sure you are all aware, and will be looking to avenge the loss at Frost. *So, while you are all so worried about some DII school whose hockey team is in the process of choking for the second straight year, basketball teams will be sitting at home for the post-season while their coach tampers with opposing teams players (Glas the ASS), and football team is looking for D3 and NAIA competition, SDSU will be sweeping its way to the NCC lead.

Screw the U and the Sue, too. *Get your priorites in order. *The better team in this rivalry is the one thats farthest south, seems familiar.

D
02-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Great post. Your women will be lucky to come within 10 points of either NDSU or UND.

JACKGUY
02-13-2004, 07:37 PM
I love how UND fans always come back with confidence with their womens program. Rarely see that in their mens program whether its this year or any year. Have
fun dominating Womens Basketball in the future with two of the better programs departing for bigger and better things.

jackmd
02-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Great thing is, I'm feeling lucky! *On top of that I believe we have a better coach, better team, and with out a doubt higher quality fans. *Can't speak for our A.D. right now. *

I am not expecting a sweep, but I think it is possible. *If we beat UND on Saturday it may just end their season early. *Either way, SDSU will be coming out of St. Paul in early March with back-to-back-to-back North Central Regional titles.

(D, sarcasm appreciated)

D
02-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I love how UND fans always come back with confidence with their womens program. Rarely see that in their mens program whether its this year or any year.

Why would I come back with something about the men's team right now, they are tied for 6th in the conference, that wouldn't make any sense at all, kind of like a SDSU fan opening their mouth about anything football, I guess the UND men have been to the playoffs more then once though ;D.

jackmd
02-14-2004, 04:24 AM
Great night for the Jackrabbits (although not unexpected). *I think we can go into Grand Forks tomorrow and win both of those games, which should effectively knock the UND women and men (men are already out and should consider NAIA competition) of any serious consideration for the post-season. *The UND women's win over Augie was far from impressive.

Nice to see the SDSU teams were they belong. *I don't mind NDSU competiing, but a suck-**s school like UND ought to just bow out. *I hope (and suspect) this is our last trip to the GODFORSAKEN country of Grand Forks. It seems you don't want us coming to town, anways.

(D, I don't know you but I know you're a moron (based on your posts here and at SiouxSports). *I look forward to kicking your (UND's) a** in Grand Forks tomorrow night.)

silkamilkamonico
02-14-2004, 05:20 AM
(D, I don't know you but I know you're a moron. *I look forward to kicking your ass in Grand Forks tomorrow night.)

~Im nominating this for post of the year.....does anyone else here see the irony in this....?

NDSU_grad
02-14-2004, 05:24 AM
Why would I come back with something about the men's team right now, they are tied for 6th in the conference, that wouldn't make any sense at all, kind of like a SDSU fan opening their mouth about anything football, I guess the UND men have been to the playoffs more then once though ;D.

Actually D, if you're a true Sioux fan you should come back with a witty comment like "Oh yeah, well how's your hockey team doing", or "At least we have a hockey team", or "If you had a hockey team, we'd kick your butt". Sorry D, I'm glad you post here and I respect your opinions, but I couldn't resist giving you a little crap.

D
02-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Great night for the Jackrabbits (although not unexpected). *I think we can go into Grand Forks tomorrow and win both of those games, which should effectively knock the UND women and men (men are already out and should consider NAIA competition) of any serious consideration for the post-season. *The UND women's win over Augie was far from impressive.

Nice to see the SDSU teams were they belong. *I don't mind NDSU competiing, but a suck-**s school like UND ought to just bow out. *I hope (and suspect) this is our last trip to the GODFORSAKEN country of Grand Forks (he tried to drowned you out for a reason).

(D, I don't know you but I know you're a moron. *I look forward to kicking your ass in Grand Forks tomorrow night.)

Oh, where to begin. *First let me apologize to my Bisonville friends, I am pretty level headed and don't like attacking people, but sometimes you have no choice. Doc, a few days ago you told me to worry about myself and not Fred Alcoholic Kick Boxer Oien. *Now you tell me I am a moron, a bold move for a rookie on this board to take it personal, and are going to kick my ass tomorrow, why, I don't know, perhaps you are offended because I told you what you should already know, your football program is and has been the laughingstock of the NCC for some 30 years. *If you want to kick my ass, perhaps you should attend anger management class with your AD, or, as you said, perhaps you should look in the mirror and access your own issues. *I can say this, I hope it is your last trip to GF, because if you want to consider GF vs Brookings, well, ok, if GF is godforsacken then Brookings is Hell's suburb. *Since you are an SDSU fan, I'll tell you that the Bingo Palace in GF is on Gateway Drive, since you are no doubt 60-70 years young like the rest of the bunny faithful. *The UND women's victory tonight was a 10 point 82-72 win at home against Augie, SDSU beat Augie at home 79-68, guess your victory against them at home wasn't too impressive either, so you really don't have a point at all there. *Win or lose, it is a college sporting event, not a life and death matter, not something that I obsess about, just something I am a fan of. *And no matter who wins tommorrow, UND has dominated the overall record of both SDSU basketball series', but the UND women will win and the SDSU men should do the same, if they shouldn't, I won't see it fit to come on a message board and rub it in the opposition's face, *a little something called class and self control. Please go back to your bunny board where the other 4 posters await your optimism and pointless rants. * * *

D
02-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Actually D, if you're a true Sioux fan you should come back with a witty comment like "Oh yeah, well how's your hockey team doing", or "At least we have a hockey team", *or "If you had a hockey team, we'd kick your butt". *Sorry D, I'm glad you post here and I respect your opinions, but I couldn't resist giving you a little crap.

And you know I am not a hockey fan, so that excuse doesn't even appear in my mind's eye :).

jackmd
02-14-2004, 01:58 PM
What I mean is, "I look forward to SDSU kicking UND's ass tonight" and I don't mean that literally, its a figure of speech. *Its not legal or moral to literally kick anybody's ass (are you reading this Fred?). *We'll see.

filbert
02-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Looks to me (from afar in KC) that the Bison men simply don't match up very well this year with the Rabbits. *One of the SDSU players (Moeller I think) was interviewed in the Forum and said "they like to run, we like to run." *I don't think many D-II teams can run with SDSU (at least when our players' heads are in the game).

I watched a Patriot League BB game (American vs. Lehigh) on DirectTV last night. *(I have a weakness for non-marquee D-I basketball games, I admit.) *Either SDSU or NDSU could probably take those D-I schools right now (especially American...they were NOT GOOD). *The game was also played in front of maybe two dozen people (OK, exaggerating, announced attendance was 2,274, but the BSA last night probably had 10X the atmosphere of this game). *

I'm simply astonished that the Bison women let a 19 point lead slip away in the BSA. *That just doesn't happen.

So, we whup you in basketball, you whup us in football...all is right with the world. *

And I will say I really envy you your Forum columnists...the Argus-Leader sportswriting is so incredibly lame in comparison that it's just embarassing.

Go State! *(Both of them!)

89rabbit
02-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I watched a Patriot League BB game (American vs. Lehigh) on DirectTV last night. *(I have a weakness for non-marquee D-I basketball games, I admit.) *

I know what you are talking about. I am watching Butler (a SDSU opponent next season) playing at Detroit on ESPN 2 right now!

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Sioux!

fight_on_sioux
02-14-2004, 11:02 PM
What I mean is, "I look forward to SDSU kicking UND's ass tonight" and I don't mean that literally, its a figure of speech. *Its not legal or moral to literally kick anybody's ass (are you reading this Fred?). *We'll see.

You can't kick anyone ass in basketball, if you touch someone its a foul..... ???

jackmd
02-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Never is that more true than when UND and SDSU WBB teams get together. There will likely be more than 50 fouls called again tonight.

Bisonguy
02-15-2004, 01:54 AM
The SDSU women must have been focusing on NDSU and overlooked UND this weekend. UND wins big. NDSU is alone in first place.

89rabbit
02-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Men's game at the Half, SDSU 39 - UND 27.

89rabbit
02-15-2004, 03:58 AM
Final Score SDSU 73 - UND 66!

Go State!

Tuk
02-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Good job to the Bunnies.....another win on their season!

Also congrads to Amy and Co. who won again. Gotta love the home stretch when everything starts to count!!

JBB
02-15-2004, 02:51 PM
I dont know how many fouls were called, Im just wondering why the SDSU games were in the Hylsop? Its also interesting to note that the suck have no DI flunkouts or pro players on their mens team. They dont have much. I guess Glas is nothing if he cant get get that setup? But, as long as Augi is around the cellar is probably out of reach for them.

I would like to thank the und women for doing NDSU a big favor I wish I couold remember the song the BISON women sung to the suckettes. It would be appropriate right now.

Scheduling was in their favor, getting SDSU after the BISON. But the thing that worried me is this: can the NDSU men beat the Jacks? We could meet again.

JACKGUY
02-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Jacks move up to #3 in the latest national ranking released today. Metro State who is #1 in the region is #2 in the Nation.

JACKGUY
02-24-2004, 08:16 PM
JACKS move up to #2 in latest National Poll:

1) Metro State 23-2
2) SDSU 25-3
3) Washburn 23-1
4) Tarleton State 22-3
5) Nebraska Kearney 23-2

Metro and Kearney play each other this weekend which will have huge Implications in terms of who will host the regional.

JACKGUY
06-24-2004, 04:22 PM
SDSU pulled off a rare feat by leading DII in attendence in both Mens and Womens Basketball:

Men:
SDSU 57,383 (17) 3,375
Virginia State 43,641 (13) 3,357
Neb-Kearney 46,531 (14) 3,324
Ky. Wesleyan 49,500 (15) 3,300
South Dakota 39,983 (13) 3,076
St Cloud 38,699 (14) 2,764
Winston Salem 38,403 (14) 2,743
Northern State 49,340 (18) 2,741
Washburn 39,830 (15) 2,591

(South Dakota has 4 schools in the top 10)

Women

SDSU 34,777 (14) 2,484
NDSU 36,647 (15) 2,443
UND 31,033 (13) 2,387
Emporia 31,472 (14) 2,248
USD 30,083 (15) 2,006
Washburn 27,038 (14) 1,931
Drury 34,239 (18) 1,902
Augie 24,582 (13) 1,891
Neb-Kearney 26,910 (15) 1,794
Northwest Mis 22,225 (14) 1,588

Five North Central Conf teams in the top 10. So long DII.

Bisonguy
02-25-2005, 04:21 AM
New Jack recruit has his own website.Here are some links:
http://www.camhornby.com/
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegSun/Sports/2004/03/20/388797.html

Pretty good dunker at 5'11.

I think you have the wrong thread, unless you meant to revive an eight month old thread..

Bison_Dan
02-25-2005, 01:28 PM
I thought I was in the twilight zone.