PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado was on SportsCenter

TheBisonator
03-01-2005, 07:33 AM
They were showing highlights of their game against Gonzaga.

Here's what I thought of when I saw this: UNC's basketball program is a lot worse than ours, right?? Now, we're playing 25 games against DI teams next year, right?? I bet a couple of our road games will be televised by the home network (FSN, or whatever).

Next year we'll be in the position that UNC is in this year. Do you think next year that we'll have any b-ball highlights shown on SportsCenter (like the Wisconsin game, or whatever)??

Paulie
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
They are more than a lot worse, they are the worst program on earth!

IowaBison
03-01-2005, 03:11 PM
no that would be longwood

JBB
03-01-2005, 03:42 PM
The game was on here, and I stayed with it until Gonzaga built a 26 pt lead. Next season we will probably see a few of those ourselves.

Bison007
03-01-2005, 06:00 PM
They also made the Top 10 Plays by one of the Zags players putting down a crazy two-handed block on a helpless bear's player. Oh well, they knew what they were getting in to.

greenandgold01
03-01-2005, 06:14 PM
They also made the Top 10 Plays by one of the Zags players putting down a crazy two-handed block on a helpless bear's player. Oh well, they knew what they were getting in to.

Bad advertising is better than no advertising.

Paulie
03-01-2005, 06:48 PM
They lost by 27 to the 12th ranked team at home on senior night. Also, that Gonzaga team has two probable future NBA players. The center will be drafted this year and Morrison is on some all american lists. Could of been far worse. Didn't SDSU lose at home to a DII by more?

Paulie
03-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Ranking the worst I would say Savanah State, then Longwood, then a tie between UNC, SDSU, and NDSU.

silkamilkamonico
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
What indications make you guys think NDSU is better program right now than UNC, or Longwood, or anyone for that matter. I would believe so for my own personal biased opinion, but we have nothing to copare to them, do we?

greenandgold01
03-02-2005, 09:17 PM
What indications make you guys think NDSU is better program right now than UNC, or Longwood, or anyone for that matter. I would believe so for my own personal biased opinion, but we have nothing to copare to them, do we?

We played Kansas State and Denver pretty tough.

GoBisonGo
03-03-2005, 06:28 PM
They lost by 27 to the 12th ranked team at home on senior night. *Also, that Gonzaga team has two probable future NBA players. * The center will be drafted this year and Morrison is on some all american lists. * Could of been far worse. *Didn't SDSU lose at home to a DII by more? * *

SDSU lost to Southwest State by 38 in Brookings. They also lost by like 26 to Wayne St, but I guess thats a little closer than 27. If it wasn't for us losing twice to SDSU I would say they were the worst team in DI. Since we did lose to them twice I have to think that we are one of the worst teams in DI. I know we are not the ver worst, there are a lot of bad teams out there in DI, we just didn't play them.

JACKGUYII
03-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Trust me there are a lot of DI teams that are worse than NDSU and SDSU. As bad as the Jacks men were this year the Bison were worse. Granted SDSU lost some embarrasing home games to DII foes but we also played most of our DI games on the road tough. Nagy said before the season that it would not be difficult to get the players up for the road DI games but rather to motivate them to go home and play Southwest State after playing at Marquette.

mikelsch
03-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I think NDSU and SDSU men's teams were about equal this year. It just depended on which team showed up on a given night.

SDSUFAN
03-06-2005, 05:07 AM
I think NDSU and SDSU men's teams were about equal this year. *It just depended on which team showed up on a given night.

Agreed and both would have handled UNC if they had played. It seemed SDSU could get up for the D1 games but could not for D2 and NAIA games. *I think the lack of leadership on the court made it a long and difficult season. Help is on the way.

I think for UNC to stay within 30 of Gonzaga is respectable considering the talent and leadership of UNC against superior leadership and talent of Gonzaga.

Paulie
03-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Agreed and both would have handled UNC if they had played.

Yeah, they couldn't get up for the bad schools huh? Otherwise they would of won them all. What if they didn't get up for pathetic UNC? Using your logic, UNC is so bad they wouldn't get up for them and they would lose. If you really think you're that much better than UNC you're living in a fantasy world.

UNCBears_Supporter
03-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Our RPI is 299 of 330 ... I'd hardly call us the worst DI team out there.

I know you all were successful at DII ... but DI is a TOTALLY different animal. It is not even close in terms of basketball.

jjbluecw
03-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Our RPI is 299 of 330 ... I'd hardly call us the worst DI team out there.

Yeah....You guys were waaay off. ;)

Paulie
03-09-2005, 03:17 PM
RPI doesn’t count all those DII loses SD State had so their figure is skewed towards the positive. Play an entire D I schedule and see how you rank. Also, strength of schedule doesn’t count those NAIA patsies you played either.

jackrabbit1979
03-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Paulie,
I don't think you want to argue basketball success with either NDSU or especially SDSU if you are promoting UNC. Take a look at the last ten years in the NCC. Much different than UNC's.

I wonder why we weren't scheduled this year ( i assume UNC's schedule was already set) but i would hope we would play again next winter.