PDA

View Full Version : Two Former Bison Punch Their Tickets

Herd_Mentality
03-11-2004, 04:53 PM
First McDermott and now RayJack are into the big dance. I've even heard rumblings of some bigger schools looking at RayJack after what he did with Eastern Washington in two years...which is odd, since I always thought he stunk it up here.

roadwarrior
03-12-2004, 12:58 AM
I watched the Big Sky championship game last night between Eastern Washington and Northern Arizona. It did not appear to me that the level of play of these teams is THAT much higher than what we are used to seeing in the NCC. The tallest starter for EWU was only 6'8".

JACKGUY
03-12-2004, 01:48 AM
I watched the game and tried to be objective and concluded that I did not see anything to lead me to believe that the better teams in the NCC could not play with the top teams in Big Sky.

wfduck
03-13-2004, 12:29 PM
your right we can play with them.

But look at NAIA schools. on any given night they can play with and beat an NCC team. However across the board I would say 2 out of three games on average any given d1 school would beat a NCC school. same goes for NCC vs NAIA

its about scholarships=depth

rocky
03-13-2004, 10:22 PM
The NCC can play with the best of the Big Sky?!?!?!
Why of course, what am I thinking? The NCC is a powerhouse in DII basketball. HAHAHA! You are WAY off the mark if you think that an SDSU or an UNO can play with the likes of a team going to the big dance! Whew, hope your boss doesn't drug test you!

IowaBison
03-13-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't know much about basketball, but SDSU would be competitive most days of the week with members of the Big Sky.

Of course the best way to prove this would be to play some games.

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2004, 12:02 AM
~I became a Montana State fan and went to all their games when I lived in Bozeman for 5 years......this is from what I observed......the big sky *is slow paced, big guys who arent athletic enough to play anywhere big in D1....teams stand around in zone and pass it around.....players in the NCC are a little smaller but alot more athletic and even some are better shooters.....I dont know what an outcome would be between the 2 teams, but the Big Sky conference is alot more boring to watch then the NCC....if that is what is to come for the Bison I will definetely miss the NCC........
........I think the women will have an extrememly hard time with the adjustment...from what I saw in the Big Sky the women are bigger and just as athletic.....

..edit...I did not see any games this year....

BisonMav
03-15-2004, 08:42 PM
N Iowa is a 14 seed playing Georgia Tech in the first round. E Washington is a 15, playing Oklahoma St.

somebison
03-14-2005, 12:29 AM
again

UNI and Utah both make the Dance as at-large teams

DIBISON
03-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Good job done by the two former Bison head coaches!

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-14-2005, 08:53 PM
N Iowa is a 14 seed playing Georgia Tech in the first round. *E Washington is a 15, playing Oklahoma St.
??? *

N. Iowa is an 11 seed playing Wisco. *At large bids would not be a 14 seed

mikelsch
03-14-2005, 09:05 PM
That was a post from last year (2004)

mikelsch
03-14-2005, 09:07 PM
I hope Utah and Northern Iowa will schedule home and homes with NDSU. Ray and Greg "giving something back". :)

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-14-2005, 09:08 PM
haha, yeah my bad I realized that a little late, but thanks. N. Iowa did howeverget an at large bid with an 11 seed surprising many that they were in ahead of Indiana and Notre Dame.

WYOBISONMAN
03-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Good Grief!!.....who revived this old thread.....I was totally dazed and confussed there for a minute...... :o