PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Koenig

kchats
03-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I see that Tyler Koenig is leaving the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. His coach their thinks he will end up playing football for either UND or NDSU. They don't elaborate much more about anything in the article though. Does he have division I skills for football? He might be a good addition for the basketball team but he would have to sit out for a year. Does he lose that year of eligibility? I can't see him coming to NDSU unless it is for football and I'm not sure he has the talent for division I football. Looks like he might go to UND and play both.

somebison
03-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Koenig was recruited pretty heavily by IA schools for FB

6'8- 250 lbs with good hands, what QB wouldn't want that as a target

SirHinn
03-14-2005, 01:37 AM
I see that Tyler Koenig is leaving the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. *His coach their thinks he will end up playing football for either UND or NDSU. *They don't elaborate much more about anything in the article though. *Does he have division I skills for football? *He might be a good addition for the basketball team but he would have to sit out for a year. *Does he lose that year of eligibility? *I can't see him coming to NDSU unless it is for football and I'm not sure he has the talent for division I football. *Looks like he might go to UND and play both.

He was recruited by Notre Dame and Minnesota to play Tight End , so I'd say he definately has the talent to play for either the Bison or the Sioux. His weight in HS was around 220 pounds give or take, so they certainly got him in the gym at Green Bay. The kid is a phsycial speciment in terms of athetlic ability for football. His downside would probably be his blocking, but he certainly makes up for it with his vertical ability to go get the ball.

In terms of basketball, yes he'd help out either the Bison or the Sioux. He certainly won't dominate in the post, but he's a solid low post scorer. He's a decent boarder who can also block some shots. It was probably a mistake for him to go D1 for basketball, just because he doesn't have the work ethic to succeed at that level. That has always been his problem since he was younger.

DIBISON
03-14-2005, 03:40 AM
I'm betting that he'll go to undII to play only basketball. He would be immediately eligible next fall. If he transfers to another DI school such as NDSU, he has to sit out a full year. Regardless of what Division he transfers into, he has only 2 years of basketball eligibility left.

D
03-14-2005, 05:24 AM
He is not going to be playing football anywhere. The Green Bay coach has completely spun this story around. Pathetic.

SirHinn
03-14-2005, 05:56 AM
D, you certainly hit the nail on the coffin on that one. Green Bay's coaches comments were incredibly classless and distasteful. The only reason why the coach mentioned Koenig's heart not being in basketball is because he was pissed that Ty was leaving his program. The coach did anything he could do to prevent Koeng from leaving. I won't go into any detais with that one, but ultimately he was bitter that Ty decided to leave anyways. He obviously doesn't care about his players and showed the only thing that mattered to him was his program, not his players happiness. Tyler Koenig is a good kid who didn't deserve the negative comments he received from his coach. He's worked his butt off to where he's gotten.

greenandgold01
03-15-2005, 03:59 AM
He could play for Moorhead State. They have a fairly good bball team.

SirHinn
03-15-2005, 06:06 AM
I would agree with that assessment if our team could even possibly win 10 games in a season. YES, MSUM IS TERRIBLE AT MENS BASKETBALL. No, Tyler Koenig would never attend MSUM to play any type of atletic event, regardless of any situation.

greenandgold01
03-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I seem to remember them beating NDSU 2 seasons ago. ::)

SirHinn
03-15-2005, 03:48 PM
So thats actually supposed to mean anything? That still doesn't make MSUM basketball look any better. Did you happen to watch any of their games recently? Or is everything just hearsay? North Carolina Men's basketball team lost to Santa Clara this year, does that make Santa Clara's program right up there with UNC then? :o Because right now, thats the road your taking.

Tyler Koenig isn't considering MSUM from Tyler Koenig himself.

greenandgold01
03-15-2005, 05:54 PM
So thats actually supposed to mean anything? That still doesn't make MSUM basketball look any better. Did you happen to watch any of their games recently? Or is everything just hearsay? North Carolina Men's basketball team lost to Santa Clara this year, does that make Santa Clara's program right up there with UNC then? :o Because right now, thats the road your taking.

Tyler Koenig isn't considering MSUM from Tyler Koenig himself.

I'm not trying to imply anything other than the fact that MSUM has a decent athletics program. It's not crap like you're trying to make it out to be.

What about Concordia? They're pretty good.

How exactly do you know what Mr. Koenig's intentions are?

SirHinn
03-16-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm not trying to imply anything other than the fact that MSUM has a decent athletics program. It's not crap like you're trying to make it out to be.

What about Concordia? They're pretty good.

How exactly do you know what Mr. Koenig's intentions are?

I asked him.

By the way, nothing against NSIC or division 3 basketball, but it doesn't exactly compare to d1 to say the least.

greenandgold01
03-16-2005, 01:06 AM
I asked him.

By the way, nothing against NSIC or division 3 basketball, but it doesn't exactly compare to d1 to say the least.

Which is exactly the point. A benchwarmer at DI can be a star @ D3.

SirHinn
03-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Your point is invalid. His objective isn't to be a star at any level. His objective is to help his team win at the highest level possible. By the way, you forget the fact that he started every game this year until the coach found out that he was transferring. After Tyler informed his coach of his decision, his coach felt that there was no purpose in starting Tyler let alone give him any big minutes since he wouldn't be there next year.

greenandgold01
03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Your point is invalid. His objective isn't to be a star at any level. His objective is to help his team win at the highest level possible. By the way, you forget the fact that he started every game this year until the coach found out that he was transferring. After Tyler informed his coach of his decision, his coach felt that there was no purpose in starting Tyler let alone give him any big minutes since he wouldn't be there next year.

Right....

Bisonguy
03-18-2005, 06:15 AM
Looks like Koenig doesn't want to sit out a year to play DI BB- Koenig to play for Sioux men (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=86264&section=Sports)

SirHinn
03-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah, it played a huge factor for him. With UND he can contribute immediately next year. It also helps that his 2 good friends; Tommy Leikas and Jimmy Hoy, both play for UND. It still wouldn't suprize me at all if he pulls something similar to what Chad Mustard did with UND. He truly misses football and feels that it gives him a unique challenge, but obviously his first choice was basketball.

Bison_Dan
03-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, it played a huge factor for him. *With UND he can contribute immediately next year. *It also helps that his 2 good friends; Tommy Leikas and Jimmy Hoy, both play for UND. *It still wouldn't suprize me at all if he pulls something similar to what Chad Mustard did with UND. *He truly misses football and feels that it gives him a unique challenge, but obviously his first choice was basketball.

Makes one wonder if he's there for an education or to play sports? *I hope he does well, but get the degree!

greenandgold01
03-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Makes one wonder if he's there for an education or to play sports? I hope he does well, but get the degree!

What 4 year degrees does UND offer that are worth having?

I know they have a law school and a med school...which take more than 4 years to graduate from.