PDA

View Full Version : NDSU just got some love on CBS, baby!!!

TheBisonator
03-26-2005, 03:17 AM
The announcer on the Utah/Kentucky game (was it Brent Musberger??) was talking about RayJack, and how he used to coach for North Dakota State.

Some nationwide props for the Bison!!

Fargo representin'!!! ;D ;D ;D

Trimmy
03-26-2005, 03:30 AM
Power to the peeps!

silkamilkamonico
03-26-2005, 05:16 AM
Ray Jack-a$$-alaotti...

how in the he!! did he ever get to Utah? The worst Bison coach since Erv Inniger!

Big_BisonFan
03-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Ray Jack-a$$-alaotti...

how in the he!! did he ever get to Utah? The worst Bison coach since Erv Inniger!

Must know a lot more than you and me. He did good at EWU, and was rewarded for his accomplishments.

Also, why bash a guy that is getting NDSU some publicity, sure he might not have been the best coach at NDSU, but being dropped during the NCAA tourney is good for NDSU.

NDSU4U2NV
03-26-2005, 02:36 PM
The announcers were Jim Nance and Billy Packer, Damn I missed that part.

silkamilkamonico
03-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Must know a lot more than you and me. He did good at EWU, and was rewarded for his accomplishments.

Also, why bash a guy that is getting NDSU some publicity, sure he might not have been the best coach at NDSU, but being dropped during the NCAA tourney is good for NDSU.

He better know more than you and me, he is a coach in the game. Glad he's doing good at Utah, he was hated by the players at NDSU, the media, his peers at NDSU, and the majority of the fans. 3 years after he was hired he was asked to resign.

He took a program that was on the rise thanks to Billeter and drove them right back into the ground.

I don't care what he did at EWashington, that didn't help out NDSU.

silkamilkamonico
03-27-2005, 04:07 AM
I can see how his name being dropped during a NAT televised game could be good for NDSU, but how exactly? Do recruits say, "hey, NDSU, I'm going there?", or what's the deal.

I'm not saying it doesn't help out NDSU, someone just inform me on how?!!

DIBISON
03-27-2005, 05:38 AM
Free publicity for NDSU on a national network that is watched by millions of viewers.

It helps NDSU in many ways such as donations, alumni backing, and pride.

I sure felt proud when I heard NDSU mentioned during the March Madness tournament, one of the most watched events in our country!!

KTF
03-27-2005, 01:35 PM
How about CBS airing the D-II mens basketball national championship game from the REA? I think that other school got a littel bit more recognition then one little blurb about NDSU!!

greenandgold01
03-27-2005, 02:50 PM
How about CBS airing the D-II mens basketball national championship game from the REA? I think that other school got a littel bit more recognition then one little blurb about NDSU!!

They really mutilated their poor floor. God is Kelly Green the ugliest color on the earth, but not only that, they painted *just* the semi circle at the top of the key Kelly Green. Jesus christ...

BisBison
03-27-2005, 03:05 PM

Who cares who got what recognition ??? ??? I could care less if undII gets some d-II recognition, that doesn't affect us in the least.

sambini
03-27-2005, 04:41 PM
congrats to ray jack and coach mac. and also erv did a good job when he was coach. can you leave the past alone and move ahead into the future. also who cares about d2 . the march to the final four has been great. also former bison athletes mike spank favor will speak thursday st 6:00 pm at ramada. its the teammakers fund drive kickoff.

realisttoo
03-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Silk is a clown. To say the things he says is sad. He was "NEVER" asked to resign. That comes directly from Entzion. Silk continues to get more and more critical and more and more synical and says things that are more an more refutable. So to sit there and think that a coach can't get better at what he does is rather hypocritical, don't you think? Good for Ray Jac. When he was here, the expectations by the media and the ignorant fans with outlandish expectations were probably much worse than at Eastern Washington. He struggled but recruited guys like Denver T. to play at SU and the bottom line is that at any level, you had better be able to recruit. With the worst facility in the league, NDSU didn't do as bad as you would think when RJ was in town. The arrogance of guys like Silk is laughable. While Silk toils away at his $8.00 an hour job and never moves ahead, guys like Ray Jac make something of themselves and don't whine. Learn something Silk!!!

silkamilkamonico
03-28-2005, 02:48 AM
realist is a clown. *Jac WAS asked to resign. *As far as Entzion goes, he lost all credibility when he prepositoned that "male undercover prostitute" about sex, leave the sicko's out of it.

And yeah, I said that coach's don't improve over time.. ::)..all I said was I'm glad he ain't at NDSU anymore, cuz he dug their program right to the bottom of the NCC.

They didn't seem to have any problems when Billieter was here before RayJac, so there goes your argument about the poor facilities at NDSU affecting the program.

Your arrogance is laughable, and while your washing dishes at McDonalds for $8.00 an hour and never move ahead, the fact remains that RayJac did JACK with the NDSU program. *Learn something realist!!!

sambini
03-28-2005, 03:04 AM
ray jac was not asked to resign. thats a fact. he took a job at witchita state for two weeks and then was offered the ewu job. this comes from a past teammakers president at that time. by the way who cares. rays doing well 500k per year sure beats mcdonalds. take care, go bison.

silkamilkamonico
03-28-2005, 03:11 AM
My bad then, he wasn't asked to resign, but
his days at NDSU were numbered. *He would have been asked to resign if he had not left. *

But reguardless your right, who cares whats going on right now. *SU is back in better hands again.

kchats
03-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Billeter won with Juco players. When they hired Ray Giacolletti they asked him to build a program with high school students. His first season was decent but they took a couple of steps back when he went to high school students. He wasn't there long enough to create his program. McDermott was only there one season so neither was he. Miles has been here a little while but now he is basically starting over since division I offers much different talent levels and recruiting strategies. Teams built to win in the NCC don't stand a chance in division I.

IowaBison
03-28-2005, 02:24 PM
The announcer on the Utah/Kentucky game (was it Brent Musberger??) was talking about RayJack, and how he used to coach for North Dakota State.

Some nationwide props for the Bison!!

Fargo representin'!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hellova lot better publicity than hosting a tournament with 700 people in attendance!

realisttoo
03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Kchats, great points. Thanks for your objectivity. Silk could learn a few things from you.

TheTruth
03-29-2005, 05:19 AM
Not really. UND's arena was on that same CBS stations across America for over 2 hours.

The worthless mention of NDSU lasted 2 seconds.

It's nice, but not a big deal

Bison_Dan
03-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Not really. *UND's arena was on that same CBS stations across America for over 2 hours.

The worthless mention of NDSU lasted 2 seconds.

It's nice, but not a big deal

Did they mention that it was empty? I wonder how much money the town of gf lost on that tournament?

DIBISON
03-29-2005, 07:48 PM
The worthless mention of NDSU that lasted two seconds was on a national broadcast of a DI tournament that receives a huge rating share. You are talking about millions of viewers.

Even though it was on the same network, I'm sure the broadcast of the DII game from GF didn't even receive a rating share, and was watched by thousands!