PDA

View Full Version : Top Secret info...

Bison101
03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
An "aquaintance" I know just showed me the artist rendering pics of the inside of a remodeled BSA. From what I saw there were two versions. The first one was bad ass and would be the envy of any mid major D1 basketball team. It had seating all the way around very similar to the new Mcleod center at UNI. A portion of the ceiling and wall behind one of the goals and seats was glass.(I believe it was the North side.) The seats were yellow and green and there was NDSU banners and whatever everwhere. It also had 2 practice courts that were connected to it. The arena was sort of below gound or whatebver as there was a concourse that surrounded the arena behind the seats. It was the real deal. The second drawing looked very similar to the Betty at UND. Nice facility but it didn't scream out D1 like the first one did.

The person I talked to said that they will likey go with the second option but the first one is on the table if they can get enough money. They are in the proscess of finalizing this selection before they go public after the capital campaign. E-mail Gene, There is no question in my mind that we should hold out for the first option.

By the way I tried to get a copy of one of those pics but it wasn't happening. I am just glad this guy shared the info with me.

Bisonguy
03-23-2005, 10:04 PM
You should have used a small digital camera. Distract your "acquaitance" and snap a quick pic. ;D

Then post it on the internet for all to see.

Bison_Dan
03-23-2005, 10:22 PM
An "aquaintance" I know just showed me the artist rendering pics of the inside of a remodeled BSA. From what I saw there were two versions. The first one was bad ass and would be the envy of any mid major D1 basketball team. It had seating all the way around very similar to the new Mcleod center at UNI. A portion of *the ceiling and wall behind one of the goals and seats was glass.(I believe it was the North side.) The seats were yellow and green and there was NDSU banners and whatever everwhere. It also had 2 practice courts that were connected to it. The arena was sort of below gound or whatebver as there was a concourse that surrounded the arena behind the seats. It was the real deal. The second drawing looked very similar to the Betty at UND. Nice facility but it didn't scream out D1 like the first one did.

The person I talked to said that they will likey go with the second option but the first one is on the table if they can *get enough money. They are in the proscess of finalizing this selection before they go public after the capital campaign. E-mail Gene, There is no question in my mind that we should hold out for the first option.

By the way I tried to get a copy of one of those pics but it wasn't happening. I am just glad this guy shared the info with me.

Was the first option all contained within the BSA or were walls moved out? I say go for the first option!

greenandgold01
03-23-2005, 11:39 PM
That's fine and dandy for the interior of the BSA.

But the exterior needs an overhaul more than anything.

I'd think some nice brick work would fix things up good.

Trimmy
03-23-2005, 11:50 PM
maybe brick, eh? ;)

greenandgold01
03-23-2005, 11:53 PM
maybe brick, eh? ;)

Umm...yes...that's what I said.

Are you feeling ok today?

roadwarrior
03-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Who cares what the outside of the BSA looks like if we have a top notch basketball arena on the inside!

roadwarrior
03-24-2005, 12:15 AM
To answer your question, Bison_Dan, I dont think the walls would have to be pushed out to fit a decent sized arena in there.

The first option would probably require a new indoor track facility.

greenandgold01
03-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Who cares what the outside of the BSA looks like if we have a top notch basketball arena on the inside!

I would rather have an average car that didn't look like crap than a garbage pile with a huge engine.

Bisonguy
03-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Maybe an adobe exterior would be more practical. ;D

German ingenuity with Mexican know-how....
(SNL reference for those that don't know)

Bison101
03-24-2005, 12:54 AM
The pictures I saw did not show the outsdide of the new BSA but it was part of the deal in both packages. I believe in the first set of pictures that something was mentioned about 2 basketball courts and a new indoor track facility. It all happened so fast. I only got to see them for about a minute. Anyways, I can't even explain how awesome the first option was. I am sure that Gene has the pictures sitting in hos office if anyone wants to beg for them.

Gamehunter
03-26-2005, 12:01 AM
That's fine and dandy for the interior of the BSA.

But the exterior needs an overhaul more than anything.

I'd think some nice brick work would fix things up good.

If we are replacing the outside, and the inside, what is left from the original sturcture? The foundation? LOL ROFL
If we go that far, might as well build it from the ground up and still have the BSA for other sports.

I would rather have an average car that didn't look like crap than a garbage pile with a huge engine.

Not me!! I LOVE "sleepers". Pull up to a stop light next to a new mustang GT and pound the crap out of it.

realisttoo
03-28-2005, 01:48 AM
IUPFW and Corpus Christie will be very impressed with the new arena. Will the arena be finished before or after the 7 year waiting period that accompanies the new conference's automatic bid?

DIBISON
03-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Don't forget to mention Oakland, Manhattan and Kansas St., amoung others!

realisttoo
03-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Oh, are they going to be in the new league too?

DIBISON
03-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Regardless of a new league or conference, a school also has games against nonconference opponents, such as the home dates the Bison men have upcoming with Oakland, Manhattan, and Kansas St.!

TheTruth
03-29-2005, 05:17 AM
Oakland and Manhattan. Big deal

Bison_Dan
03-29-2005, 01:16 PM

Better quality teams than the sue will ever see!!

DIBISON
03-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Posted by: TheTruth Posted on: Mar 28th, 2005, 11:17pm

It is a big deal to those that know basketball.

Oakland made the 2005 DI NCAA basketball tournament, and Manhattan made it to the second round of the 2004 DI NCAA basketball tournament after they beat Florida in the first round.

Two opponents that participated in recent March Madness tournaments will be coming to Fargo to play the Bison. It is a big deal to me, because I will have the opportunity to watch quality DI opponents.

Of course, there are other people that would rather watch the Minot Sts and Duluths.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Oakland and Manhattan. Big deal *

It is a big deal to those that know basketball. *

Oakland made the 2005 DI NCAA basketball tournament, and Manhattan made it to the second round of the 2004 DI NCAA basketball tournament after they beat Florida in the first round.

Two opponents that participated in recent March Madness tournaments will be coming to Fargo to play the Bison. * It is a big deal to me, because I will have the opportunity to watch quality DI opponents. *

Of course, there are other people that would rather watch the Minot Sts and Duluths. *

Hey, let's not bring up the Florida loss, I'm still hurting from that one!

Tatanka
03-30-2005, 03:02 AM
Oakland and Manhattan. Big deal *

It is a big deal to those that know basketball. *

Two opponents that participated in recent March Madness tournaments will be coming to Fargo to play the Bison. * It is a big deal to me, because I will have the opportunity to watch quality DI opponents. *

Of course, there are other people that would rather watch the Minot Sts and Duluths. *
Well put, but don't forget Mayville!

UNCBears_Supporter
04-08-2005, 05:20 AM
IUPFW and Corpus Christie will be very impressed with the new arena. *Will the arena be finished before or after the 7 year waiting period that accompanies the new conference's automatic bid?

I don't know if you are trying to knock IPFW or TAMUCC or not ... but both play in really nice arenas. Maybe you weren't being sarcastic, it is hard to tell.

kchats
04-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't know if you are trying to knock IPFW or TAMUCC or not ... but both play in really nice arenas. *Maybe you weren't being sarcastic, it is hard to tell.

You must have not noticed that is a post from a jealous UND fan. They aren't division I so they rip on everything that has to do with the transition to make themselves feel better. I for one hope that Northern Colorado gets invited into the Big Sky and then begins working on getting NDSU and SDSU in the Big Sky.