PDA

View Full Version : Hennessy opts to stay home

WYOBISONMAN
04-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Looks like ND Mr. Basketball James Hennessy will stay and play JUCO ball in Williston. *NDSU needs to watch this kid!

http://www.willistonherald.com/articles/2005/04/14/news/sports/sports1.txt

teamsioux
04-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Anyone know who else was recruiting him?

D
04-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Anyone know who else was recruiting him?

Who was seriously recruiting him? The Dac-10.

Elsewhere, a story in the Argus Leader mentioning a JR who the Bison have offerred.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050415/SPORTS/504150346/1002

jackrabbit1979
04-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Twiedt from Pierre SD is the real deal. There will be a lot of very happy people in Brookings if he is the first big time D1 recruit from south dakota to sign with the Jacks. I have a feeling he will probably go somewhere more established, but i hope his heart lets him stay in SD. He is also one heck of a wide receiver i have heard.

WYOBISONMAN
04-15-2005, 04:34 PM
I would suspect that Hennesy would be an solid D2 recruit and with a couple of years of JUCO ball could be a real potential for NDSU. It's always good to have a decent home state kid on the roster........

mikelsch
04-15-2005, 05:02 PM
A solid D2 recruit is not where NDSU is/needs to be focusing its attention. Those would be "if all else fails" players. Who knows with Hennessey, anything is possible.

Rabbitlivinginverm
04-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Twiedt from Pierre SD is the real deal. *There will be a lot of very happy people in Brookings if he is the first big time D1 recruit from south dakota to sign with the Jacks. *I have a feeling he will probably go somewhere more established, but i hope his heart lets him stay in SD. *He is also one heck of a wide receiver i have heard. *

Interesiting tidbits on the Tviedt kid, his mother (Connie) is the Deputy Chief of Staff for Governor Rounds and his sister, Stephanie, is the Deputy Director of Special Projects. According to the Governor's website, his sister attended UNL (so that may be an option for him). Governor Rounds, for those of you who don't know, is an SDSU grad. Hopefully, that'll work in our favor. ;D