PDA

View Full Version : Tim Miles

JACKGUYII
05-11-2005, 06:20 PM
What do Bison fans think of Tim Miles and the job he has done so far. I know the jury is still out on his ability to run a DI program. I'm very impressed with his staff's recruiting abilities. They seem to be everywhere and most of the top area recruits are talking to NDSU. I think once your facility issues are dealt with you have the potential of having a first rate DI Basketball program. I look forward to a great rivalary in Mens Basketball between SDSU and NDSU!

greenandgold01
05-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Our facility issues are already resolved.

Games in the dome. Renovate the BSA for practice.

bisonranch
05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
So far, Miles is a stud. I think the jury will be out on his ability to run a DI program until we see what some of the redshirts can do.

mikelsch
05-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Games in BSA, and soon to be renovated BSA. Not in dome, unless >7000 attendance expected. Much easier to control your own building, dome authority is not always the most friendly and the confines are not cozy for basketball.

I am very pleased with Tim Miles. So far he has got the most out of his talent, seems to recruit well, has put together a good staff, and is an overall likeable guy. The renovated BSA should help a lot with the growth of our program. All we need is a conference to really get the ball rolling.

greenandgold01
05-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Games in BSA, and soon to be renovated BSA. Not in dome, unless >7000 attendance expected. Much easier to control your own building, dome authority is not always the most friendly and the confines are not cozy for basketball.

I am very pleased with Tim Miles. So far he has got the most out of his talent, seems to recruit well, has put together a good staff, and is an overall likeable guy. The renovated BSA should help a lot with the growth of our program. All we need is a conference to really get the ball rolling.

Unless the BSA renovation just blows everything we've been imagining out of the water, as many of the games as possible in the dome.

mikelsch
05-11-2005, 07:04 PM
As a fact, they will be in the BSA. And yes, the renovated BSA plans look very good.

JACKGUYII
05-11-2005, 07:54 PM
What is the timeline of the renovation of the BSA and is there an artist rendering anywhere? I don't like the dome for football so I can't imagine a basketball game there!

TheBisonator
05-11-2005, 07:56 PM
What is the timeline of the renovation of the BSA and is there an artist rendering anywhere? I don't like the dome for football so I can't imagine a basketball there!

WHA??!!! The Dome ROCKS for football!! Why would we play in anyplace else??

Gamehunter
05-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes, im curious when plans will be made public for viewing?

Jackguy, what is wrong with the Dome? Besides the fact that your rabbits can't win in it ;D

Gamehunter
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
WHA??!!! The Dome ROCKS for football!! Why would we play in anyplace else??

LOL, my thoughts exactly. One of the best D1AA football facilities in the country, but no, its crap. ???

greenandgold01
05-11-2005, 08:02 PM
As a fact, they will be in the BSA. And yes, the renovated BSA plans look very good.

Fact -> bball in the dome as much as possible.

JACKGUYII
05-11-2005, 08:06 PM
A little off the subject of Tim Miles but I hate watching football inside. I have been a longtime Vikings season ticketholder and have grown to despise the artificial unnecessary noise in the dome. I had hoped when I attended my first SDSU/NDSU game at the Dome two years ago in Fargo that atmosphere it would be different than the MetroDome or Dakota Dome. I was wrong. There is no sponataneous actions and everything is choreagraphed. They tell you when to sit,cheer etc. Coughlin is not half the facility of the Dakota Dome but I like being outside and the natural grass etc.

mikelsch
05-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Is "as much as possible" just your opinion?

"as much as possible" in the dome translates into roughly zero games, because it costs money to rent the dome and we can't rely upon getting >7000 people at Bball games. Although, I really hope that eventually attendance will force games into a bigger arena.

mikelsch
05-11-2005, 08:45 PM
The BSA renovation and addition plans are still being finalized. Now that the entire football operations (meeting rooms, coaches' offices, etc) will be going to the fargodome, there will be more room for other stuff in the BSA. I know that we've been hearing about the capital campaign for awhile, but it still hasn't been officially launched to the public. The plans will be made public at that time. The alumni foundation has a picture of the renovated BSA exterior and one of the interior that shows chair back seats around the floor. Look for upgraded offices, training areas, new weight room location, hall of fame area, chair-back seating, new scoreboard and sound system, restroom and concessions upgrades, new track, 2 practice courts, etc. Going above the requested $8 million obviously will add more fine touches.

greenandgold01
05-11-2005, 09:44 PM
A little off the subject of Tim Miles but I hate watching football inside. I have been a longtime Vikings season ticketholder and have grown to despise the artificial unnecessary noise in the dome. I had hoped when I attended my first SDSU/NDSU game at the Dome two years ago in Fargo that atmosphere it would be different than the MetroDome or Dakota Dome. I was wrong. There is no sponataneous actions and everything is choreagraphed. They tell you when to sit,cheer etc. Coughlin is not half the facility of the Dakota Dome but I like being outside and the natural grass etc.

After what happened at last year's Iaa national championship game, the NCAA ought to look into mandatory field turf or something.

Natural grass is great when it's perfect. But getting it to that condition and esp. keeping it in that condition is extremely expensive at best and unrealistic at worst.

Bisonfan1
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
After what happened at last year's Iaa national championship game, the NCAA ought to look into mandatory field turf or something.

Natural grass is great when it's perfect. But getting it to that condition and esp. keeping it in that condition is extremely expensive at best and unrealistic at worst.

FIELD TURF - who was it on this board that was always facinated with field turf ?

greenandgold01
05-11-2005, 10:03 PM
FIELD TURF - who was it on this board that was always facinated with field turf ?

More and more teams are switching to it. I know Oregon State and Okalahoma State for next season for sure. Probably more.

Bisonguy
05-11-2005, 10:11 PM

I think SprinTurfTM became the turf of choice later on.

Bisonfan1
05-11-2005, 10:12 PM
More and more teams are switching to it. I know Oregon State and Okalahoma State for next season for sure. Probably more.

I know this is off topic, but maybe you could tell me more about field turf greenandgold01, because I know nothing about it ? On topic, I must admit I only made the NDSU-SDSU BB game last season. We did speak to an individual who stated that the red-shirt freshman were doing extremly well against the starters. I think Tim Miles is a great guy and a great coach, it will be exciting to see what he does with the talent he has recruited, and I plan on making more games this coming season.

greenandgold01
05-11-2005, 11:02 PM
I know this is off topic, but maybe you could tell me more about field turf greenandgold01, because I know nothing about it ? On topic, I must admit I only made the NDSU-SDSU BB game last season. We did speak to an individual who stated that the red-shirt freshman were doing extremly well against the starters. I think Tim Miles is a great guy and a great coach, it will be exciting to see what he does with the talent he has recruited, and I plan on making more games this coming season.

www.fieldturf.com

Tatanka
05-12-2005, 03:03 AM
http://www.sk1pper.com/another_thread_down_in_flames.jpg
::) ::) ::) ::)

roadwarrior
05-12-2005, 05:43 AM
At least this thread (up to this point) has no mention of our former rival ;D

JBB
05-12-2005, 06:09 AM
I think Coach MIles is putting together a great team. I know there are concerns about the balance of scholarships, heavy to frosh and sophs, but talent!

He also has the tactics.

Im really looking forward to next season under his leadership.

bisongold
05-12-2005, 01:00 PM
The Bison desperately need a point guard that likes to pass! Hopefully Woodside can fill the bill.

runtheoption
05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Since we've moved completely off topic (fine with me since I made up my mind to call NDSU a D1AA school), I have had a thought about fieldturf colors.

As I'm sure most of you know, Boise State has the only non-grass colored field turf and I think it looks great and really makes the stadium feel significantly more friendly to the Broncos. I think in the future we should start expecting to see more non-grass colored fields.

The possibilities are endless so long as the lines stand out.

NDSU could do green with yellow lines.
SDSU blue/yellow, UNC d. blue/gold, UCD blue/gold, Cal Poly green/gold, and SUU red/white.

I could also invision LSU doing purple/yellow, OK st. doing black/orange, etc.

I wish I would've gotten into the fieldturf business a long time ago because it won't be 10 years when every pro and college stadium in the US and Canada has it as their surface.

G&G01, and you wonder why people think you are Bisonfan1234.

greenandgold01
05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, I don't agree about the color thing.

But field turf has been around for a while now. I don't see how approving of it automatically makes me BF1234.

runtheoption
05-12-2005, 03:46 PM
That's just the tip o' the iceberg.

Anyway, I don't think we can say anything too bad about Miles until this past seasons redshirts are a little older. Then we'll have an idea of how his recruiting and coaching are.

Bisonfan1
05-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Thank you runtheoption, you picked up on it. ( ok, I just read the suggestions/announcements post after I posted this and all our suspicions are now confirmed) So I do appoligize for going off topic a little, but I think I at least rebounded with back on topic. There is nothing wrong with a little debate, but I felt someone was going over the edge sometimes and I felt with a reaction to field turf I would know for sure who somebody really was, and was not going to debate this person at all on any more threads about anything.

somebison
05-12-2005, 10:27 PM
That's just the tip o' the iceberg.

Anyway, I don't think we can say anything too bad about Miles until this past seasons redshirts are a little older. *Then we'll have an idea of how his recruiting and coaching are.

Exactly- can't wait for the Gopher game in 07 :o :o

silkamilkamonico
05-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Tim Myles has done an excellent job at NDSU.

He's a great coach, and a great guy, and the players absolutely love and respect him.

I was psyched when they hired him. I have a relative who knows Myles from SW Minnesota State U who was a professor there, and they said Myles did great things at that school, including bringing them to an ELite 8 in D-2 while he was there.

I hope Myles stays a long time.....

bisongold
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Miles is still unproven in D-1, however I am very hopeful. Alot riding on the redshirts...should be interesting. If they have a point guard that will push the ball and distribute the ball , they will be ten times more fun to watch even if they don't win! That is how you get the crowd into the game. Perhaps the BB games will be a little more of a big time atmosphere.

flytrap
06-30-2005, 04:47 AM
The Bison desperately need a point guard that likes to pass! *Hopefully Woodside can fill the bill.

Who is this point guard supposed to pass to? Why pass it if Woodside can score from the point?

bisongold
07-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Are you telling me that he is going to score fifty a game? He better be able to push the ball up the court and make good decisions, one of which is to pass. If he can't do that, others will miss out on easy opportunities and the crowd will not get into the game as much . I have not witnessed this in the games I watched the last 2 years. Hopefully Woodside and others can do this . Basically, I am hoping the style of offense changes with the team now. Different talent, different style.