PDA

View Full Version : 05-06 Schedule

DIBISON
04-23-2005, 06:44 AM
The tentative 05-06 schedule came out in the Team Markers membership drive today. A few of the highlight games include:

Men's: Home games against Manhattan, Idaho, Denver, IPFW, and Idaho St. Road game against WISCONSIN, Colorado St., Kansas St., UW Green Bay, Drake, and Montana St.

Women's: Home games against ALABAMA, UM Milwaukee, Texas A&M, and UW-Green Bay. Road games against MINNESOTA, New Mexico, Montana, and Texas A&M.

Very much a DI schedule in a major sport, which will only enhance the national exposure of NDSU athletics!

TheBisonator
04-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Woah damn... This is one HELL of a good tentative schedule!!! ;D ;D ;D

JBB
04-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Not bad for an independent. Dont forget SDSU in both Mens and Womens.

Bison_Kent
04-24-2005, 12:08 AM
I would also assume some of the other DI indy's will be on the schedule such as Utah Valley State and one or both of the Texas schools.

Anyway, it is a great schedule so far. I will have to make to the K-State game again next season. I saw the Bison almost beat the Wildcats this past year and they just might do it this year with all the losses at K-State.

roadwarrior
04-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Men's schedule: (tentative)

at Colorado State
at Idaho State
at Drake tourney (2 games)
at Idaho
at Montana State tourney (2 games)
at Kansas State
at Utah Valley State
at Wisconsin
at UW Green Bay
at South Dakota State
at Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne

HOME:
HAMLINE UNIVERSITY
EASTERN MICHIGAN
MAINE
IDAHO STATE
MANHATTAN
UTAH VALLEY STATE
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
IDAHO
INDIANA PURDUE FORT WAYNE
MAYVILLE STATE
DENVER
MISSOURI - KANSAS CITY

Women's schedule: (tentative)

at Northern Illinois
at Indiana State
at Ball State tourney (2 games)
at New Mexico tourney (2 games)
at Montana tourney (2 games)
at Idaho State
at San Jose State
at Minnesota
at South Dakota State
at Texas A&M - Corpus Christi
at Utah Valley State
at Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne

HOME
WISCONSIN - MILWAUKEE
MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE
MSU MOORHEAD
DULUTH
ALABAMA
VALLEY CITY STATE
INDIANA PURDUE FORT WAYNE
TEXAM A&M - CORPUS CHRISTI
WISCONSIN - GREEN BAY
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

TheBisonator
04-24-2005, 04:14 AM
25 games apiece!! All we need is three more each!!! :D :D :D

roadwarrior
04-24-2005, 04:18 AM
The women's schedule listed the National Independent Tournament with no dates or location, but that might be the other 3. No mention of that tourney for the men.

NoDakSt
04-24-2005, 04:32 AM
The women's home schedule will feature both Middle Tenn State and Alabama. Stephanie Smith, the former Middle Tenn. Coach who took the Blue Raiders to consecutive NCAA appearances, is now the coach at Alabama.

filbert
04-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Don't forget to thank SDSU for those MTSU and Alabama WBB home games . . . Lady Jacks visited both schools last year (and beat them both).

Partial payoff to the Bison for the 'SU partnership, it seems to me. More to come, both ways, I hope.

Go State (both of us!)

filbert
04-24-2005, 05:00 AM
The women's schedule listed the National Independent Tournament with no dates or location, but that might be the other 3. No mention of that tourney for the men.

I don't believe the post-season WNIT counts against the 28-game limit.

Bisonguy
04-24-2005, 05:09 AM
I don't believe the post-season WNIT counts against the 28-game limit.

Correct, bu he was talking about the Women's National Independent Tournament, not the Women's National Invitational Tournament.

One is post-season, one is at the end of the season.

scottheck
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM

Post? At the end?

Did you mean one is PRE-season and the other is at the end?

WYOBISONMAN
04-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Sounds like fun.......I will be at the Idaho State and Colorado State Mens games!!! Welcome to the Mountain West Conference territory NDSU.....!!!

Bisonguy
04-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Post? *At the end?

Did you mean one is PRE-season and the other is at the end?

No. One is the Independent Tournament, which is the equivalent of a conference tournament (except it's a bunch of independents). This happens before the post-season tournaments (WNCAA and WNIT).

The other is obviously a post-season tournament (WNIT).

JBB
04-25-2005, 01:24 AM
If I undersand this correctly the schedules are not complete? It looks like the women only have 3 small schools and the men 1. Amy may not be done scheduling yet since she announced there was no more room for a small school on the schedule when North Dakotas dII school came calling.

UND92
04-25-2005, 02:52 AM
JBB, you forget one important thing that Amy said. Amy said she would not play UND even if she had room on the schedule. I don't know if her schedule was full before UND came calling, but the bottom line is that Amy does not want to play UND right now. And I don't blame her one bit, she knows how tough the sioux are going to be the next few years. Why take a chance there when you can get a easy win against valley city. NDSU would sure bring in a good amount of change playing UND at home.

kchats
04-25-2005, 03:37 AM
JBB, you forget one important thing that Amy said. *Amy said she would not play UND even if she had room on the schedule. *I don't know if her schedule was full before UND came calling, but the bottom line is that Amy does not want to play UND right now. *And I don't blame her one bit, she knows how tough the sioux are going to be the next few years. *Why take a chance there when you can get a easy win against valley city. *NDSU would sure bring in a good amount of change playing UND at home.

That didn't seem to matter to UND last season when Amy and the rest of the coaches had trouble scheduling teams in the transition year. Why should she do UND a favor this season when they tried to stick it to her and the rest of the Bison coaches this past season? I say reward the schools that played you to help you get a schedule during a tough scheduling year. If UND had played us this season we probably would still be playing you but your administration wanted to stick it to NDSU for moving up to division I. They wanted to make scheduling a tough thing for the Bison coaches. NDSU probably owes UND a debt of gratitude for their refusal to play us because it has allowed our programs to move forward to division I without the biggest tie to division II holding us down. I say we'll play the Sioux again when they finally move up to division I although we probably shouldn't help them by playing them that first transition year either. We have a great women's basketball rivalry with SDSU, they were the top team in the NCC the last couple of years, and other great division I games to look forward to. The Bison women have a few payday games to look forward to next season with some great division I talent coming to Fargo. See you when you are division I, enjoy division II. ;)

filbert
04-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Correct, bu he was talking about the Women's National Independent Tournament, not the Women's National Invitational Tournament.

Oops. Must read post correctly before responding . . .

JBB
04-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Like Kchats, I dont blame her a bit either. There are probably a lot of small schools with good teams out there. You cant play them all no matter how desperate they are to get on the schedule. I was just pointing out that it doesnt look like she is planning on another small school. If the scheduling isnt finished we may have some more pleasant surprises in store for us.

UND92
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
That didn't seem to matter to UND last season when Amy and the rest of the coaches had trouble scheduling teams in the transition year. Why should she do UND a favor this season when they tried to stick it to her and the rest of the Bison coaches this past season? I say reward the schools that played you to help you get a schedule during a tough scheduling year. If UND had played us this season we probably would still be playing you but your administration wanted to stick it to NDSU for moving up to division I. They wanted to make scheduling a tough thing for the Bison coaches. NDSU probably owes UND a debt of gratitude for their refusal to play us because it has allowed our programs to move forward to division I without the biggest tie to division II holding us down. I say we'll play the Sioux again when they finally move up to division I although we probably shouldn't help them by playing them that first transition year either. We have a great women's basketball rivalry with SDSU, they were the top team in the NCC the last couple of years, and other great division I games to look forward to. The Bison women have a few payday games to look forward to next season with some great division I talent coming to Fargo. See you when you are division I, enjoy division II. ;)

Why should UND and other NCC schools do the bison a favor when they left the conference hanging. It's funny how you twisted that all around. You guys leave and then get upset when nobody want's to do you a favor. Well at the time, I think the attitude of UND and many others schools in the NCC, were piss on you, who left who. Why was everybody suppose to cater to you guys when you left all the NCC teams looking for games. It's called bison arrogance. Remember, we were not the only NCC team that would not play you when you made the move. You called us chickens#it for not playing you, but now we call your bluff in womens BB and baseball you say no. Does that mean the bison are chickens#it also? We had our own things going on last year like hosting playoff games and advancing deep into the playoffs in many of are sports. I'm pretty sure if UND decided to play you in FB that you might say no also, UND is at it's peak in FB and you guys can't even beat an average ncc team(sdsu). Since NDSU has left the NCC, it's not UND's top priority to help solve ndsu's problems in there transitions years. UND does what is best for UND and I think NDSU does the same.

mikelsch
04-25-2005, 06:00 PM
It is not hard to schedule 2-3 non DI games per year per sport (max allowed by the NCAA). NDSU doesn't need any favors from the lower level schools (i.e. North Dakota). It is the other way around, NDSU provides the favor to the lower-levels. We can certainly find enough suitors to fill out our schedule.

BisonMav
04-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Hamline has a rich basketball history. They were involved in the first college basketball game ever. Vern Mickelson, Minneapolis Lakers and the Basketball HOF was their most famous playing alum.

bisonranch
04-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Why should UND and other NCC schools do the bison a favor when they left the conference hanging. *It's funny how you twisted that all around. *You guys leave and then get upset when nobody want's to do you a favor. *Well at the time, I think the attitude of UND and many others schools in the NCC, were piss on you, who left who. *Why was everybody suppose to cater to you guys when you left all the NCC teams looking for games. *It's called bison arrogance. *Remember, we were not the only NCC team that would not play you when you made the move. *You called us chickens#it for not playing you, but now we call your bluff in womens BB and baseball you say no. *Does that mean the bison are chickens#it also? * We had our own things going on last year like hosting *playoff games and advancing deep into the playoffs in many of are sports. *I'm pretty sure if UND decided to play you in FB that you might say no also, UND is at it's peak in FB and you guys can't even beat an average ncc team(sdsu). *Since NDSU has left the NCC, it's not UND's top priority to help solve ndsu's problems in there transitions years. *UND does what is best for UND and I think NDSU does the same. *

This post is so full of holes it doesn't deserve a reply. Quit embarassing yourself and your favorite school and stop posting.

Schedule looks promising. I hope we can get some regional DI schools (from MN, MT, IA, NE) to the BSA and start filling the place up to make a case for a new arena.

kchats
04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Why should UND and other NCC schools do the bison a favor when they left the conference hanging. *It's funny how you twisted that all around. *You guys leave and then get upset when nobody want's to do you a favor. *Well at the time, I think the attitude of UND and many others schools in the NCC, were piss on you, who left who. *Why was everybody suppose to cater to you guys when you left all the NCC teams looking for games. *It's called bison arrogance. *Remember, we were not the only NCC team that would not play you when you made the move. *You called us chickens#it for not playing you, but now we call your bluff in womens BB and baseball you say no. *Does that mean the bison are chickens#it also? * We had our own things going on last year like hosting *playoff games and advancing deep into the playoffs in many of are sports. *I'm pretty sure if UND decided to play you in FB that you might say no also, UND is at it's peak in FB and you guys can't even beat an average ncc team(sdsu). *Since NDSU has left the NCC, it's not UND's top priority to help solve ndsu's problems in there transitions years. *UND does what is best for UND and I think NDSU does the same. *

What do you mean twisted around? UND refused to play NDSU last year to stick it to them. NDSU now has a full schedule of lower division teams, teams that played them last season by the way, and UND comes calling to try and make them look bad for saying no. So using your logic UND really didn't want to play NDSU last year because Roebuck knew the Sioux had no chance against the Bison. I think the sticking it to the Bison is the real reason and I see know reason for the Bison to schedule UND until UND moves up to division I. We have moved up and we have a new rival in SDSU, we don't need you. It's not like the game would mean anything anyway since you wouldn't count towards our victory total as a division II program.

TaTonka_31
04-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Rumor has it that NDSU's men's basketball has secured another big game on next years schedule. Bison fans are going to love it.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Let's hear it, don't tease us like that!

UND92
04-25-2005, 10:11 PM
This post is so full of holes it doesn't deserve a reply. Quit embarassing yourself and your favorite school and stop posting.

Schedule looks promising. I hope we can get some regional DI schools (from MN, MT, IA, NE) to the BSA and start filling the place up to make a case for a new arena.
The truth hurts doesn't it bison ranch. That is a weak comeback. Fill some of those holes with your own facts. I will give you another chance to say something with some substance.

JACKGUYII
04-25-2005, 10:17 PM
If USD comes back on their knees for a basketball game in the future I hope SDSU turns them down. Granted I would not have wanted to play them last year anyway. I think the basketball rivalary with NDSU will contimue to heat up. I think both teams will be much better after redshirting their best players. Anybody who has questioned whether we should stay together in terms of persuing a conference are seeing dividends in terms of visiting teams being able to come to the Dakotas and schedule two games.

BisonMav
04-25-2005, 10:48 PM
I got my schedule in the mail. SDSU women are in Fargo the same night the Bison men are in Brookings, 2/18. Quite unusual. :o

bisonranch
04-25-2005, 11:06 PM
The truth hurts doesn't it bison ranch. *That is a weak comeback. *Fill some of those holes with your own facts. *I will give you another chance to say something with some substance.

Why bother? You've already demonstrated you won't get it anyway.

bisonranch
04-25-2005, 11:07 PM
I got my schedule in the mail. *SDSU women are in Fargo the same night the Bison men are in Brookings, 2/18. *Quite unusual. *:o

That is unusual. That probably means a split in attandance.

somebison
04-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Rumor has it that NDSU's men's basketball has secured another big game on next years schedule. *Bison fans are going to love it.

smart money's on a rodent

Tatanka
04-26-2005, 03:02 AM
smart money's on a rodent
A flickertail perhaps? Not!!! ;)

kchats
04-26-2005, 04:16 AM
*UND does what is best for UND and I think NDSU does the same. *

My point exactly. Why do you think NDSU should schedule UND? Do you really think UND should be a priority for a division I school? Do you really think all of the schools that played NDSU this season shouldn't garner another game against a division I school as a courtesy and thank you for playing us last season? Let me see NDSU finished the season 26-1 last season and they played SDSU twice, TCU and Cincinnati. That means there are about 23 games that NDSU owes and they can give 3 a year. I guess that is about 8 years until they finish playing the deserving schools. Where does that place UND, squarely behind 23 other schools for those 3 games. 8)

jjbluecw
04-28-2005, 05:01 AM
A little birdy told me we have a major DI opponent scheduled to open up the season for men's bb.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-28-2005, 02:17 PM
A little birdy told me we have a major DI opponent scheduled to open up the season for men's bb. *

Did the little birdy give a name or just that it was a major D1 team?

jjbluecw
04-28-2005, 02:44 PM
I heard it was the Gophers.

Rodentia
04-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm skeptical of what little birds have to say, but NDSU vs. the Gophers would be great. I could get my dad to come to Williams Arena for the game. I went with him to the last NDSU/Minnesota game, which was quite a while ago.

SDbison
04-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm skeptical of what little birds have to say, but NDSU vs. the Gophers would be great. *I could get my dad to come to Williams Arena for the game. *I went with him to the last NDSU/Minnesota game, which was quite a while ago.
Would that be back in the early eighties when Jeff Askew scored about 30 points for the Bison?

somebison
04-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm skeptical of what little birds have to say

don't be...

89rabbit
05-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already, but it looks like you may be getting a home game with NIT qualifier Cal State Fullerton:

http://calstatefullerton.scout.com/2/377628.html

TitanCentral.com: I heard rumblings about the possibility of playing Illinois? Is this still in the works?

Coach Burton: Illinois is still a possibility, Minnesota's still a possibility, Arizona's a possibility and we're also looking at Kansas State ... we're going to get one of those big guys because that's a guaranteed game. So that's about it right now. Actually, we are trying to get North Dakota State right now while we are up there playing South Dakota. (State)

Just another example of the SDSU/NDSU partnership at work. :D

Go State! ;D

kchats
05-10-2005, 06:39 PM
We thank you Jackrabbits for making the move to division I with us. Now if we can get into a conference together things will be just right. 8)

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already, but it looks like you may be getting a home game with NIT qualifier Cal State Fullerton:

http://calstatefullerton.scout.com/2/377628.html

TitanCentral.com: I heard rumblings about the possibility of playing Illinois? Is this still in the works?

Coach Burton: Illinois is still a possibility, Minnesota's still a possibility, Arizona's a possibility and we're also looking at Kansas State ... we're going to get one of those big guys because that's a guaranteed game. So that's about it right now. Actually, we are trying to get North Dakota State right now while we are up there playing South Dakota. (State)

Just another example of the SDSU/NDSU partnership at work. *:D

Go State! *;D

Are you sure they are going to play you, or the 'yotes? *

"We then have to go to South Dakota and they will return the game the following year." *;)

kchats
05-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Are you sure they are going to play you, or the 'yotes? *

"We then have to go to South Dakota and they will return the game the following year." *;)

You can't be serious can you? Nobody even knows there is another school in South Dakota. USD has nothing that brings it any attention whatsoever.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-10-2005, 07:00 PM
You can't be serious can you? *Nobody even knows there is another school in South Dakota. *USD has nothing that brings it any attention whatsoever.

No, I was kidding. I just thought that it was funny because some of the guys on this board always bring stuff like that up, like the thread right now about UND's new AD going to "Fargo" Just thought it was funny.

mikelsch
05-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Good point

somebison
05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
11/18- Williams Arena

TheBisonator
05-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Please tell me you're not kidding, Hansel.

roadwarrior
05-10-2005, 11:58 PM
How am I supposed to be at Williams Arena on 11/18 for a basketball game, when I am flying down to Southern Illinois that afternoon >:(

somebison
05-11-2005, 12:11 AM
How am I supposed to be at Williams Arena on 11/18 for a basketball game, when I am flying down to Southern Illinois that afternoon >:(

Decision time RW- best option is to hookup with either Taylor or Chapman somehow- they will probably be going to both, and probably "in style"

Option 2, go to the BB game- and catch a direct early morning flight to St Louis rent a car and be in Carbondale prior to 3 pm kickoff

Option 3, go to the BB game, then make the 700 mi roadtrip to carbondale

IowaBison
05-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Decision time RW- best option is to hookup with either Taylor or Chapman somehow- they will probably be going to both, and probably "in style"

Option 2, go to the BB game- and catch a direct early morning flight to St Louis rent a car and be in Carbondale prior to 3 pm kickoff

Option 3, go to the BB game, then make the 700 mi roadtrip to carbondale

I think I'm going with option 3, but wife isn't going to like it.

Bisonfan1
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
oh oh, the same wife that would'nt let you test run the "e-z up" shelter and miss out on bloomin onions at the spring game?

IowaBison
05-11-2005, 03:53 PM
oh oh, the same wife that would'nt let you test run the "e-z up" shelter and miss out on bloomin onions at the spring game?

yeah, same one.

you've gotta pick your battles.

Bisonfan1
05-11-2005, 03:58 PM
ha ha, I hear you loud and clear !!!!

Paulie
05-11-2005, 04:19 PM
yeah, same one.

you've gotta pick your battles.

Whipped

IowaBison
05-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Whipped

no, i'm smart.

you, paulie, must be single.

TheBisonator
05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm sure NorthDakotaBison's not whipped any more than any other married man in this world. The only truly whipped man in this world is NBA player Doug Christie. Have you ever heard his story?? His is the most pathetic case I have ever seen.

greenandgold01
05-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm sure NorthDakotaBison's not whipped any more than any other married man in this world. The only truly whipped man in this world is NBA player Doug Christie. Have you ever heard his story?? His is the most pathetic case I have ever seen.

And he plays for Sacramento. DOUBLE WHAMMY! :-X :-X

tophatfan
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
And he plays for Sacramento. DOUBLE WHAMMY! *:-X :-X

Played for Sacro, he was traded to the Magic this season, not that that is any better.

Paulie
05-12-2005, 03:02 PM
no, i'm smart.

Yes, I'm single and I'm just giving you a hard time, no offense taken I hope.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-12-2005, 03:36 PM
no, i'm smart.

Hold on a minute here, you say you're smart, but last post you say you are married, isn't that an oxy-moron??

IowaBison
05-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Hold on a minute here, you say you're smart, but last post you say you are married, isn't that an oxy-moron??

i'm smart enough to pick my battles and not put a hyphen in oxymoron ;)

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-12-2005, 04:00 PM
i'm smart enough to pick my battles and not put a hyphen in oxymoron *;)

Well in that case, you may have won the battle, but you have obviously lost the war (freedom)

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 12:24 AM
11/18- Williams Arena

From WDAY 6:00 sports, Bison will play the Gophers on 11/18 at Williams Arena. Bison will also play at Williams in 2007.

somebison
05-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Exactly- can't wait for the Gopher game in 07 :o :o

man- I am a freaking genius 8)

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 12:29 AM
man- I am a freaking genius *8)

Uncanny. ;)

SDbison
05-18-2005, 01:12 AM
From WDAY 6:00 sports, Bison will play the Gophers on 11/18 at *Williams Arena. Bison will also play at Williams in 2007.
Could we read between the lines and presume a game in Fargo is in the works for 2006?

somebison
05-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Could we read between the lines and presume a game in Fargo is in the works for 2006?

The gopher men ain't coming to Fargo.

roadwarrior
05-18-2005, 02:53 AM
This from the Mpls StarTribune:

For the North Dakota State men's basketball program, scheduling is a challenge. The Bison don't have a conference affiliation and they are entering only their second year as a Division I institution.

That's why NDSU coach Tim Miles is so appreciative of the opportunity Gophers coach Dan Monson is giving the Bison: the opportunity to play two games at Williams Arena in the next three seasons.

The two schools will face each other Nov. 18, the regular-season opener for both teams. They won't play in the 2006-07 season, but will play to open the 2007-08 season.

"We're grateful that they're playing us," Miles said. "I don't know if they had to do anything with the administration to get the games done, but the coaches all thought it was a good idea."

The two schools -- separated by about 230 miles -- have played 14 times in the past, but not since 1986.

The game is beneficial to both sides. For North Dakota State, a game with the Gophers provides legitimacy to their Division I move.

The Gophers, meanwhile, get a nonconference game with some local flavor. For financial reasons, the Gophers need to play several nonconference games each season that they will not return. Minnesota pays those teams a "guarantee" and keeps the rest of the game's proceeds. Last season, the Gophers played seven such games.

A game against North Dakota State -- a Fargo school that features several Minnesotans on its roster and a large alumni base in the Twin Cities -- should create more fan interest than many of the other home nonconference games.

"To a man, when you talk to our players if they could pick a game against a team to schedule, it's the Gophers," said Miles, whose team also will play at Wisconsin next season.

DIBISON
05-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Who ever thought the Bison would be playing Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas St. and Colorado St. in a major DI sport like men's basketball in only their second transition year? Isn't it great!!!!!!!!

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 04:46 AM
Who ever thought the Bison would be playing Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas St. and Colorado St. in a major DI sport like men's basketball in only their second transition year? *Isn't it great!!!!!!!!

Not that they're the greatest teams, but Denver, Manhattan, Idaho, and Maine at the BSA in the second year ain't too shabby, either.

TheBisonator
05-18-2005, 06:48 AM
Not that they're the greatest teams, but Denver, Manhattan, Idaho, and Maine at the BSA in the second year ain't too shabby, either.

Don't forget Missouri-Kansas City and Wisconsin-Green Bay...

IowaBison
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
not to ruin the thread, but how much is the guarantee?

IowaBison
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
not to ruin the thread, but how much is the guarantee?

that would be $35,000 NorthDakotaBison

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=92471&section=Sports

IowaBison
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
that would be $35,000 NorthDakotaBison

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=92471&section=Sports

thanks, NorthDakotaBison, you're a class act.

roadwarrior
05-18-2005, 03:00 PM
WDAY reported last evening that the guarantee from Wisconsin will be $40,000.

NDSU_grad
05-18-2005, 03:05 PM
thanks, NorthDakotaBison, you're a class act.
Actually, dork is the word that came to my mind. ;)

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, it seems that NDSU's troubles with scheduling the past couple years can be put into perspective.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2093250

BisonMav
06-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Well, it seems that NDSU's troubles with scheduling the past couple years can be put into perspective.

Do you mean last year?

This years schedule looks good, and 2 years ago it was DII and the NCC.

kchats
06-24-2005, 06:25 PM

Our scheduling problems involved our transition to division I, not rules violations like Baylor. Not sure what your point is. ???

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
06-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Our scheduling problems involved our transition to division I, not rules violations like Baylor. *Not sure what your point is. ???

Yes, BisonMav I did mean last year, and I just brought this up to show how hard the NCAA hit Baylor. I'm not saying NDSU had rules violations. Just think that is rediculous that they can't play any non-conference games. That's why I said it puts it into perspective.

IowaBison
06-24-2005, 06:59 PM

seems like pretty faulty parallelism to me.

i'll recheck your theory the next a bison athlete is murdered by another one.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
06-24-2005, 07:33 PM
You don't have to worry about that, none of the bison bball players can shoot ;D

Bengal1
07-15-2005, 05:19 AM
ISU's BB schedule hasn't been released yet, but it's good to see we'll most likely be playing the Bison and the Jackrabbits (the Vandals of Idaho aren't too happy to be playing the Bison, based on the comments on their board, vandalvenue.com).

The message board on the old bengalnation.net site died (as it did for other schools who were using eteamz to host their sites). http://thebengalden.com is where the new message board is located -- peek in anytime.

Bison_Kent
07-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Here is the Men's basketball schedule so far (compiled from opponents' websites).

Nov. 18 @ Minnesota
Nov. 23 @ Colorado State
Dec. 9 @ Drake
Dec. 10 vs. Montana or Mississippi Valley St. (Des Moines, IA)
Dec. 13 Hamline (MN)
Dec. 21 @ Idaho
Dec. 29 @ Montana State
Dec. 30 vs. N. Illinois or San Jose St. (Bozeman, MT)
Jan. 2 @ Kansas State
Jan. 14 SDSU
Jan. 24 Idaho
Feb. 4 IUPU-FW
Feb. 18 @ SDSU
Feb. 26 @ IUPU-FW

All other planned opponents have not released their schedules yet.

JBB
07-21-2005, 11:03 PM
As far as I can tell only IUPU-FW from the new conference is scheduled so far? I hope our affiliation is a little stronger than this. Naturally we have the Jacks too.

I wonder what a standard guarantee is for an independent? Some of the games must be home/home?

JACKGUYII
07-21-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm surprised NDSU hasn't leaked more of the 2005/2006 schedule. I'm very pleased with the schedule of both the Jacks Mens and Womens schedule. Bison either have a lot of work to do yet in terms of scheduling or are being cautious about revealing next years opponents.

roadwarrior
07-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Look back on page 1 of this thread to see the Bison schedule that was released in April. (not finalized)

Bison_Kent
07-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Nov. 18 @ Minnesota
Nov. 23 @ Colorado State
Dec. 9 @ Drake
Dec. 13 Hamline (MN)
Dec. 21 @ Idaho
Dec. 29 @ Montana State
Jan. 2 @ Kansas State
Jan. 14 SDSU
Jan. 21 @ Wisconsin
Jan. 24 Idaho
Feb. 4 IUPU-FW
Feb. 18 @ SDSU
Feb. 26 @ IUPU-FW

Updated to show the Wisconsin game Jan. 21.

WYOBISONMAN
07-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Do we have dateson the Idaho State game?

Bison_Kent
07-26-2005, 06:03 PM
No, I haven't seen a date yet for Idaho State. I would assume, however, that the road contest would be close to the Idaho road game as part of a single trip. The Idaho road game is Tuesday, Jan. 24.

NDSUstudent
07-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Nov. 18 @ Minnesota
Nov. 23 @ Colorado State
Nov. 26 Eastern Michigan
Dec. 9 @ Drake
Dec. 13 Hamline (MN)
Dec. 18 Manhattan
Dec. 21 @ Idaho
Dec. 29 @ Montana State
Jan. 2 @ Kansas State
Jan. 14 SDSU
Jan. 21 @ Wisconsin
Jan. 24 Idaho
Feb. 4 IUPU-FW
Feb. 18 @ SDSU
Feb. 26 @ IUPU-FW

Updated to show the Eastern Mich game Nov. 26 and Manhattan game on Dec. 18.

BisonMav
07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Nov. 5 Moorhead St (Exhibition)
Nov. 18 @ Minnesota *
Nov. 23 @ Colorado State *
Nov. 26 Eastern Michigan
Dec. 9 @ Drake *
Dec. 10 vs. Montana or Mississippi Valley St. (Des Moines, IA) *
Dec. 13 Hamline (MN) *
Dec. 18 Manhattan
Dec. 21 @ Idaho *
Dec. 29 @ Montana State *
Dec. 30 vs. N. Illinois or San Jose St. (Bozeman, MT) *
Jan. 2 @ Kansas State *
Jan. 14 SDSU *
Jan. 21 @ Wisconsin
Jan. 24 Idaho *
Feb. 4 IUPU-FW *
Feb. 18 @ SDSU *
Feb. 22 University of Mary
Feb. 26 @ IUPU-FW *

Mary on 2/22

roadwarrior
07-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Listed below is what was handed out at the spring football game:
(tentative to changes)

Nov 5 * *Moorhead (EXB)
Nov 18 *@ Minnesota
Nov 23 *@ Colorado State
Nov 26 *Eastern Michigan
Nov 30 *Maine
Dec 3 * *@ Idaho State
Dec 9 * *@ Drake tourney (Drake)
Dec 10 *@ Drake tourney (Montana or Miss Valley St)
Dec 13 *Hamline
Dec 17 *Idaho State
Dec 18 *Manhattan
Dec 21 *@ Idaho
Dec 29 *@ Montana State
Dec 30 *@ Bozeman (N Illinois or San Jose St)
Jan 2 * * @ Kansas State
Jan 5 * * Utah Valley State
Jan 14 * South Dakota State
Jan 19 * @ Utah Valley State
Jan 21 * @ Wisconsin
Jan 24 * Idaho
Feb 4 * *IPFW
Feb 10 * Mayville
Feb 13 * @ Wisconsin-Green Bay
Feb 18 * @ South Dakota State
Feb 22 * Mary
Feb 26 * @ IPFW
TBA * * * *Denver
TBA * * * *UKMC

WYOBISONMAN
07-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks Road......I owe you a few more beers.... ;)

roadwarrior
07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
Maybe in Bozeman, WYO!

JBB
07-27-2005, 01:58 AM
I hope thats the one. A great schedule and worth the Bison Zone fee for the broadcast.

mikelsch
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Mayville won't be on the schedule, already have the 2 non-DI games (Mary and Hamline). Maine is questionable since they won't be going to SDSU as initially planned.