PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Schedule

clipperguy
09-11-2005, 12:40 AM
How is it that SDSU schedules teams like USC and Kentucky and NDSU doesn't seem to get squat in that regard? Kansas State last year and the gophers this year is alright but neither of these teams is a national power like the kentucky's of the world. If you are going to get blown out why not face the best.

kchats
09-11-2005, 03:07 AM
How is it that SDSU schedules teams like USC and Kentucky and NDSU doesn't seem to get squat in that regard? *Kansas State last year and the gophers this year is alright but neither of these teams is a national power like the kentucky's of the world. *If you are going to get blown out why not face the best.

You are complaining about our division I schedule? *Good one. *Talk to us when your schedule at UND is better than ours.

Bisonguy
09-11-2005, 03:10 AM
Yet another persona of SiouxMeNow?

Get help.
Get help.
Get help.
Get help.
If you don't get help at Prairie, get help somewhere.

DIBISON
09-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Wisconsin isn't a DI power in basketball? They were in the ELITE EIGHT this past year.

And yes, the NDSU men play them on January 21, 2006 in Madison, Wisconsin.

Hope you can make the game clipperguy!!

kchats
09-11-2005, 04:21 PM
And the Bison volleyball team has already played the #6 team Minnesota and the #2 team Washington. We aren't shying away from anyone.

Tatanka
09-11-2005, 05:48 PM
"Bring on the competition", pure and simple.

sambini
09-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Right on folks. Bring on the competition.

TaTonka_31
09-12-2005, 04:19 AM
NDSU's first full D1 schedule in Mens Basketball is certainly better than what SDSU had last year, their first full D1 year. I would expect both teams to upgrade their schedules even more as they show that they are competitive.

In fact, I would suspect that many major teams would jump at the chance to play competitive independents before their conference schedules start. They want to pad their schedule with wins to hit that magic 20 win season that may get them into the "Big Dance".

The problem is that NDSU and SDSU will have a hard time getting any of these teams to come to their place. NDSU is very fortunate that K-State will make a trip into Fargo next season.

89rabbit
09-12-2005, 06:10 AM
BisonBlogger,

NDSU and SDSU are on the same time tabel as far as moving up goes. UNC is a year ahead of us both.

Go State! ;D

TaTonka_31
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
You are right Rabbit. My mistake. It just seemed that SDSU played more D1 games than NDSU did last year.

Both teams coaching staffs have done a great job upgrading their schedules for this upcoming season. I would expect future seasons to be incrementally even better.

JACKGUYII
09-12-2005, 03:16 PM
You are right Rabbit. *My mistake. *It just seemed that SDSU played more D1 games than NDSU did last year. *

Both teams coaching staffs have done a great job upgrading their schedules for this upcoming season. *I would expect future seasons to be incrementally even better.

That is because they did! I think clearly the Jacks Men and Womens coaches were more agressive and succesful scheduling DI games last year that lead to some return home games this year.

kchats
09-12-2005, 06:41 PM
I heard that Amy Ruley didn't want to wait to schedule division I schools late in the offseason. She could get her schedule done earlier with the fewer division I opponents so she did. I think in our situations last year we both had to wait programs out to find a spot on their schedule and SDSU was more willing to do that.

WYOBISONMAN
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I am very happy with NDSU's schedule.

sambini
09-13-2005, 02:40 AM
I agree Wyo bison.

clipperguy
09-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Ah yes I forgot, anyone who asks questions that aren't to the tune of is Steve Walker the greatest QB ever or NDSU is the greatest sports school in the country and they make no mistakes, is automatically a UND alum or fan. It couldn't be that there are alum's of NDSU that would like to see their school play some real teams. Playing Mayville 2-3 times a year is for DAC 10 teams and thats it. I forget the whole schedule but how many dac 10 teams did they play and how many D2 teams? Then again the men almost blew a couple of those Dac 10 games.

Bisonguy
09-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Is the schedule really that bad this year?

Maybe I'm turning into a sugar-coater, but it's only the second year of DI competition, and the first as counting as a DI opponent for DI schools, and this seems like a decent schedule.

Let's see, there's two exhibition games against local schools for obvious reasons, then it's on to face- Minnesota, Hamline, Colorado State, Eastern Michigan, Wisconsin-Green Bay, Idaho State, two schools at the Drake Regency Challenge, Denver, Idaho State, Manhattan, Idaho, Montana State, Northern Illinois or San Jose State, Kansas State, Utah Valley State, South Dakota State, UMKC, Wisconsin, Furman, IPFW- and then throw in three DACs towards the end of the year.

Why not email Miles if you don't like the schedule?

kchats
09-15-2005, 12:50 AM
clipperguy you have not posted one thing on this site that would indicate you are a Bison fan or alumnus. As for our schedule in basketball it is a division I schedule with the allotted number of non-division I games. Last time a checked in basketball division I is division I. What do they have two non-division I games on the schedule and an exhibition or two, I can see where you would complain. Last year's schedule has no bearing on this year's schedule unless we are getting a return game from a division I game last year.

sambini
09-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Nice schedule and I don't see any thing wrong with it And if your a Sue fan so be it and move on.

TaTonka_31
09-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Either you are trying to pull Bison fans chains or you are tremendously ignorant about D1 college basketball Clipperguy. Granted SDSU got a major coup when they were able to schedule Kentucky but other than that, both SDSU and NDSU have done a great job scheduling teams that will be a great start for new D1 teams. Playing any established D1 program when your are transitioning from D2 is a major major jump.

Both teams will be young, but especially NDSU which will start as many as four RS freshman. Any success NDSU will have this year against established D1 programs will be a major miracle. If they do have some success and beat some of these teams, NDSU and all of North Dakota should be very excited about the future and the exposure it will bring to the area and to NDSU. I would expect that the schedule would improve incrementally each year and bring a chance for conference affiliation maybe much sooner than expected. If this happens, it will be the Mens basketball program that will lead the way.

Its up to Bison Fans to fill the Bison Sports Arena and make it the noisest pit for any visiting team to come to than they can possibly imagine. These young guys will need the help.

I would expect also that once the Mens BB program starts having some success, the fans will demand a better facility and the pocket books will open up. Mens College Basketball is King and the people in the Fargo area will want to get up to speed with what it takes to recruit the best players availalbe in the mid-west in the future.

Whatever_
09-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Some of those teams may not be top of the line BB programs, but your standards are pretty high if you need better than that in the second year.

Get a clue.

WYOBISONMAN
09-16-2005, 02:47 PM
It is a GREAT schedule.......I am happy as hell with it.

Tatanka
09-17-2005, 01:51 AM
++

It beats the crap out of any of our previous schedules. Bring on (some of) the competition!