PDA

View Full Version : Bison BB makes the BIG TIME!

Bisonguy
11-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, at least they will finally be in a video game. *;D

Props to 'Jackrabbit' on the SDSU board for this find-

from-http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/collegehoops2k6/news.html?sid=6136767&page=2 (on page 2)

Finally, in a sport where authenticity counts so much, it's nice to know that there are no fictional teams in 2K6. In fact, a number of new schools have been added to the list this time around--including teams such as North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Kennesaw State, and North Florida.

The best thing about this is that the 2K basketball series is hands down, the best college BB game there is. Even better when NDSU is in it! Better yet when the game is only $30 when it comes out Nov. 15th.

Now, the only decision to make is whether to get the Xbox version, or wait to see if I actually get an Xbox 360, so I can play the game in HD. *;D ;D ;D ;D

somebison
11-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Well, at least they will finally be in a video game. *;D

Props to 'Jackrabbit' on the SDSU board for this find-

from-http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/collegehoops2k6/news.html?sid=6136767&page=2 (on page 2)

The best thing about this is that the 2K basketball series is hands down, the best college BB game there is. Even better when NDSU is in it! Better yet when the game is only $30 when it comes out Nov. 15th.

Now, the only decision to make is whether to get the Xbox version, or wait to see if I actually get an Xbox 360, so I can play the game in HD. *;D ;D ;D ;D

Looks like I will have to by my first BB game since "NBA Live 95"

Bisonguy
11-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I kinda hope they give NDSU a generic arena, instead of trying to recreate the BSA. :-X

I don't know if the EA March Madness 2006 has NDSU or not.

Rodentia
11-05-2005, 05:53 AM
They've been awfully tight-lipped. I've been trying for a while now to find out if NDSU will be in the game. I will be buying 2K6. I don't know NDSU will be in March Madness, but 2k6 is cheaper anyway ;D

Yellow
11-06-2005, 08:45 AM
No the bison arnt on March Madness! I rented it thinking that they would but wasted $1.87.

Rodentia
11-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, that settles it, I'm getting 2K6. It's cheaper anyway. :) Just in time to play the Bison - Gophers game before the real game is played.

bisonmike
11-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Finally, they made it into a video game. 8) I'm sick of trying to create a team b/c the create a team features in anything but NCAA football sucks. I'm predicting the NDSU Bison as mens national basketball champs in 2006. Of course I'll drop all the settings to easy but it will be worth it.

Big_BisonFan
11-08-2005, 06:58 PM
First off, I will be buying this game right away.

Second, a question. Does the university get any money from the video game company for using the logo? I am sure they do, and just another reason this is a great move for NDSU.

Rodentia
11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
I doubt it, but it is worth it for the free publicity.

eflieth
11-12-2005, 12:25 AM
here's a link telling you the skill ratings for the bison mens team on 2k6

http://sports.ign.com/articles/665/665596p7.html

somebison
11-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Looks like they have Smith and Hahn listed as the best players, thought it was a bit odd though that woodside is our lowest ranked player.

Bisonguy
11-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Sounds like College Hoops 2k6 won't be released until Nov. 21st. This is more than likely due to the Xbox 360 also being released on the 22nd.

So..........

55" Sony Widescreen HDTV - $2,700
Xbox 360- $399
College Hoops 2K6 game- $30
Being able to use NDSU and kick the crap out of my UND-lovin' brother-in-law in College Hoops 2k6 in High Definition- PRICELESS

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Of course, this is all pending that I can stay up late enough and be lucky enough to find an Xbox 360 at launch, because I forgot to preorder one until it was too late. :-/

gwendel
11-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Gamestop shows a College Hoops 2K6 release date of Nov. 21 for X-Box and PS2, but a release date of 1/2/2006 for X-Box 360:

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=default&searchtype=quicksearch&s earchcount=12&keyword=college+hoops+2k6&platform=0 &find.x=0&find.y=0&find=Search

Also note that for XBox and PS2, the price is $29.99, but for XBox 360 the price is a whopping $59.99! (More than double the price.)

Bisonguy
11-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Gamestop shows a College Hoops 2K6 release date of Nov. 21 for X-Box and PS2, but a release date of 1/2/2006 for X-Box 360:

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=default&searchtype=quicksearch&s earchcount=12&keyword=college+hoops+2k6&platform=0 &find.x=0&find.y=0&find=Search

Also note that for XBox and PS2, the price is $29.99, but for XBox 360 the price is a whopping $59.99! (More than double the price.)

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Now I'll have to purchase two copies- one xbox and one xbox360. :-/

Bisonguy
11-23-2005, 03:38 AM
The Xbox and PS2 versions of College Hoops 2k6 should be in stores now, or this week. The release date was today, but I couldn't find any stores in Fargo that had a copy.

Rodentia
11-23-2005, 05:42 PM
According to Gamestop, the Xbox version should be in stores now, while the PS2 version will have to wait until the 5th of December.

somebison
11-23-2005, 07:31 PM
MediaPlay in Fargo had it for Xbox, couldn't find it for PS2 though :P

Rodentia
11-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm going to deny my natural impulse towards instant gratification, and wait to get it for Christmas.

Bisonguy
11-23-2005, 09:27 PM
MediaPlay in Fargo had it for Xbox, couldn't find it for PS2 though :P

I just picked it up a couple hours ago at Gamestop in West Acres.

Gotta say, the BSA looks much better in-game than in-person(although it's not a real accurate depiction- including the upper level on one of the ends::)) . I'll have to see what Frost looks like later.

It's cool seeing the Bison logo in the game, as opposed to trying to create-a-team and using an ox. :-/ They even have the coaches names, etc.

Gully
11-23-2005, 10:19 PM
I haven't been able to find this yet but then again I've only looked at two Target locations. Is it an EA sports game or made by someone else? Do you think Best Buy would have it?

Bisonguy
11-23-2005, 10:53 PM
I haven't been able to find this yet but then again I've only looked at two Target locations. *Is it an EA sports game or made by someone else? *Do you think Best Buy would have it?

It's part of the 2k series, which is a division of Sega Sports.

If you're in Fargo, go to Gamestop in West Acres or in that strip mall in front of Home Depot or try Media Play.It looks like the only version available right now is the Xbox version, with others to follow.

Gamestop and Media Play did not have copies of the game yesterday, so it might be trickling in this week to other stores. Best Buy may have it now (they also did not have it yesterday), but they will sometimes wait until the following tuesday.

Target, Walmart, etc. may not have it due to their lack of shelfspace for games, especially now that the Xbox 360 was just released.

Of course, some cities may not have it yet, as Fargo was a day later than some other areas.

Rodentia
11-23-2005, 10:54 PM
It's not an EA game, it's put out by ESPN/2K Sports. EA's game is March Madness. I wouldn't buy March Madness, because NDSU and SDSU are not in the game.

Bisonguy
11-23-2005, 11:03 PM
It's not an EA game, it's put out by ESPN/2K Sports. *EA's game is March Madness. I wouldn't buy March Madness, because NDSU and SDSU are not in the game.

Also, College Hoops 2k6 is a much, much better game. The new free throw technique is pretty cool.

Gully
11-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks guys. 2K it is.

Bisonguy
11-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys. *2K it is.

Just make sure it's 2k6. 2k5=no Bison :-/

Plus, 2k6 is only $30 for a brand new game.

Gully
11-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Ok, I live in the Twin Cities and had to go to three different stores to find one. Finally the third store had one game left. Just in time I guess. I played two games already (against the Jacks of course) and lost both. Seems I'm not very good!

Funny thing, when I was on my way to the store I heard an NDSU commercial on the radio. That was a sign of approval from on high, I suspect.

Bisonguy
11-27-2005, 03:53 AM
Ok, I figured out why this game is $30.

Is it because the graphics suck? No.

Is it because there's no replay value? No.

Is it because this can is one of the best basketball simulation video games on the market, that may cause extreme frustration, especially if you don't know a whole lot of BB strategy (like myself), that may end up in smashing of one's controller and having to pay at least another $20 for a replacement? Yup.

Seriously, if you have an Xbox and like basketball, pick up College Hoops 2k6. This game is more sim-like than others (read- it ain't easy), but it's a lot of fun. Lots of customizable stuff, and best of all, NDSU is in the game.

PS2 owners- be on the lookout on or after Dec. 6th, when College Hoops 2k6 will be available on the PS2.

Bisonguy
12-04-2005, 04:30 PM
A couple articles from Kolpack on College Hoops 2k6-

Game – not without its glitches – almost like being on NDSU court (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=110413&section=Sports)

Got game? Bison receive video glory (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=110389)

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I just got my PS2 version of College Hoops 2K6!!! I may play hooky so I can go home and play!!!

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2005, 04:20 PM
.......College Hoops 2K6 is GREAT! For the fisrt game I got my 12 year old to play me. He played for SDSU and I played for the Bison.....The Bison beat the hell out of the Jacks in my fisrt game. Next up he wanted to be Clemson and play me at Little John in Clemson, SC. Obviously the game gives schools with better teams more talent, because he (Clemson) beat me the next game!! It was a blast to see NDSU on this first video game. D2 ...... too bad....... ;D

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Do the players have ratings? I wonder what some of the Bison players are arted?

I would guess there's no names, only numbers, but you could probably edit all the players name's in there...

See Yuz.

somebison
12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Do the players have ratings? *I wonder what some of the Bison players are arted?

I would guess there's no names, only numbers, but you could probably edit all the players name's in there...

See Yuz.

you can edit names and the announcers recognize most of them

ex smith
brown
hahn
riley
nelson

amazingly however they don't recognize Obadina ;D

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2005, 05:18 PM

ex smith
brown
hahn
riley
nelson

amazingly however they don't recognize Obadina *;D

A question....how do I get to play in a tournament? So far I have only figured out how to get into a "quick game"?

Bisonguy
12-06-2005, 10:02 PM
A question....how do I get to play in a tournament? *So far I have only figured out how to get into a "quick game"?

I think it's under "Game Modes" or something like that.

Your 12 yo should be able to figure it out if you can't . :P ;)

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I think it's under "Game Modes" or something like that.

Your 12 yo should be able to figure it out if you can't . *:P ;)

No kidding.....damn ankle biters..... ;)

Yellow
12-06-2005, 10:32 PM
I like how they have woodside the worst player on the team, haha

Rodentia
12-06-2005, 11:31 PM
There is a "legacy" game mode, where you can run a team through this season and future seasons, with recruiting in the off season.

Bisonguy
12-06-2005, 11:52 PM
There is a "legacy" game mode, where you can run a team through this season and future seasons, with recruiting in the off season.

Off season? You have to do a lot of recruiting during the season. The recruiting in Legacy is deep. :-/

WYO- Just go to "Game Mode", then select 'Pontiac Tournament', then go from there. If you want to pick what tema you want in the tourney besides the 64 that they choose, select 'Custom' during the tournament options. Otherwise they select the field, although you can choose which team to control.

Also, for a quick NDSU/SDSU game (as long as you've selected NDSU as your favorite team ), just select "Game Modes", then go to "Rivalry".

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the info.........other than Cabelas Big Game Hunter, this is the only PS2 game I have bought for myself, so I am rather in the dark on this stuff. *As I type, my kid is on the PS2 with 4 of his friends over here, they are having a tournament, playing MY College Hoops 2K6......

sambini
12-07-2005, 02:40 AM
This is very impressive.

WYOBISONMAN
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
2K6 UPDATE......

My kid has been playing that game after school with his buddies and last night when I played him he kicked my ass in every game we played! *I am done playing the little shit and now I am trying to get my wife to play me, so I can beat someone.......... :o

IowaBisonToo
12-08-2005, 09:40 PM
2K6 UPDATE......

My kid has been playing that game after school with his buddies and last night when I played him he kicked my ass in every game we played! *I am done playing the little shit and now I am trying to get my wife to play me, so I can beat someone.......... :o

Is that really why you want your wife to play with you? :o :o ;D

Jacks02
12-09-2005, 12:46 AM
2K6 UPDATE......

So you're saying you beat your wife.... :)

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2005, 06:25 PM
yes.............I like the part where we get to "shake hands" after the game though...... ;)

IowaBisonToo
12-09-2005, 07:51 PM
yes.............I like the part where we get to "shake hands" after the game though...... ;)

+++++++++++++ :o :-* :D

Jacks02
12-10-2005, 01:54 AM

;D

eflieth
12-12-2005, 07:48 PM

ex smith
brown
hahn
riley
nelson

amazingly however they don't recognize Obadina *;D

I played and they recognize about everyname on the bison, they even recognize dotun obadina and they said it and everything, even pennick's name was in there, a couple of names were not recognized such as woodsides and winkelmans, they had lundes name but it was spelled lundy. the game is awesome if you don't have it, get it