IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO

sambini
01-25-2006, 11:39 PM
+++++

bisonhusker
01-25-2006, 11:43 PM
That was a great chant by the students. They have been pretty solid all year. Walker was in attendance, as he typically is....I hope his knee is 100% come August.

bisonhusker
01-25-2006, 11:44 PM
sidenote, the tall blonde official, with a buzz cut was the one that absolutely stole the Drake game from us. Singlehandedly

Herd_Mentality
01-26-2006, 01:34 AM
I'd give the students a 6/10 last night. They really didn't get into it until a few minutes left in the first half.

scottheck
01-26-2006, 04:06 AM
Last night at the BSA from the student section:

IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO
IDAHO..UDAHO

That is pretty funny!

NoDakSt
01-26-2006, 04:12 AM
Eastern Washington U variation of the I-D-A-H-O, idaho, idaho, go, go, go:

I-D-A-H-O, idaho, idaho, BLOW BLOW BLOW

Till
01-26-2006, 03:22 PM
I enjoyed it when the student section chanted 'Air ball' each and every time #11 for Idaho had the ball. When he passed it they stopped, then 5 seconds later he would get the ball back and the chant would resume.

flytrap
01-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I enjoyed it when the student section chanted 'Air ball' each and every time #11 for Idaho had the ball. *When he passed it they stopped, then 5 seconds later he would get the ball back and the chant would resume.

Till,
no disrespect, but have you ever been to basketball game before??!?!

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Till,
no disrespect, but have you ever been to basketball game before??!?!

I guess someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.............

markerman
01-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I enjoyed it when the student section chanted 'Air ball' each and every time #11 for Idaho had the ball. *When he passed it they stopped, then 5 seconds later he would get the ball back and the chant would resume.

I remember the students started doing that whenever UND turncoat Mary Perrizo got the ball. You could tell after awhile it was really getting to her...

TheDoctor
01-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Any creativity out of the student section is great! If we are going to try and rise to the top of midmajors, we need to also upgrade our student section support aswell.

insane_ponderer
01-26-2006, 06:14 PM
every great basketball student section has a name

cameron crazies
the rac at rutgers
the oakland zoo at pitt

whats ndsu's gonna be?

DenverBison05
01-26-2006, 06:26 PM
On college hoop 2K6, they call it the "Thunder Zone"
I kind of like that name.

Herd_Mentality
01-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Back in the Billeter Days, the BSA was known throughout the NCC to be one of the hardest places to play. I'd like to see the section get back to that level. They still have a long way to go however....

coloradobison
01-26-2006, 07:05 PM
It doesnt seem to me that the student section where it is currently located, will allow the students to standup, get rowdy, etc... When i was a student (last fall) and was at games over the previous years where there were good sized crowds, i.e. SDSU and UND, we were constantly told that we had to sit down, so the people beind could see etc....this doesnt allow the entire group to get into the game the way the probably should, or could.

roadwarrior
01-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Tuesday night against Idaho, the student section was standing the entire game. The people sitting in the first couple of rows above the railing have resigned themselves to move up a couple of rows.

silkamilkamonico
01-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Tuesday night against Idaho, the student section was standing the entire game. *The people sitting in the first couple of rows above the railing have resigned themselves to move up a couple of rows.

And the ironic thing is, I bet they were bitching about it. ;D

I love it.

sambini
01-26-2006, 10:41 PM
They stand at DUKE and why not Fargo. Go for it and make that place rock.

silkamilkamonico
01-26-2006, 10:46 PM
They stand at DUKE *and why not Fargo. Go for it and make that place rock.

Duke is a special place to see a game. I've never been there before, but there's so much energy at those games it's ridiculous.

Hard to know that that place only holds about 2500-3000 people a game.

TheDoctor
01-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Try 9,000 but that still very small for the #1 colleg basketball rpogram in the country. They could sell out 18,000 seats every night. I am a DIE hard Dukie, maybe you've seen my blue car around twon with "GO DUKE" on my north dakota plates. Anyway, my wife and I try and get out there once a year. The players, coaches and staff are A++. Thats what we need and I think we are moving nicely towards.

silkamilkamonico
01-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Try 9,000 but that still very small for the #1 colleg basketball rpogram in the country. *They could sell out 18,000 seats every night. *I am a DIE hard Dukie, maybe you've seen my blue car around twon with "GO DUKE" on my north dakota plates. *Anyway, my wife and I try and get out there once a year. *The players, coaches and staff are A++. *Thats what we need and I think we are moving nicely towards.

Yep, I actually just had to look it up to make sure I was right.

Good call.

silkamilkamonico
01-26-2006, 10:56 PM
*They could sell out 18,000 seats every night. *I am a DIE hard Dukie, maybe you've seen my blue car around twon with "GO DUKE" on my north dakota plates.

I'm a diehard KU fan. I will enjoy you beating the heck out of Williams and UNC for the next season or 2.

In 3 seasons, I will be back on Williams' bandwagon.

I wish you were around in the infamous "better coach" poll/argument between Coach K and Roy Williams. As far as I'm concerned, it's obvious, and I'm a huge Williams fan.

TheDoctor
01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't think we should go there. I can sum it up, LOYALTY! Did Coach K leave Duke when they started having success? Nope, loyalty. NC was down in the dumps, that senior citizen ran them into the ground (Guthridge was his name). They paniced and called Ol' Roy. "Please Roy come back to your alma mater". Roy respectfully declined and cited his loyaltys to the Kansas program (but as everyone expected and was confirmed later hey stayed because he thought Jeff, Nick and Kirk could win it all). After they graduated and crazy Matt who did a great job recruiting was leaving 2 years later, Ol' Roy got another call and he compared apples and oranges. NC had some nice apples and the organges at Kansas wouldn't be winning anything soon. So, the appeal of that illusive title lured roy away from his loyaltys only 2 years after he found them. Hes a FAKE! ;D

TheDoctor
01-27-2006, 12:04 AM
You must be the only KU fan that didn't feel so betrayed that wanted to kill him.

WYOBISONMAN
01-27-2006, 01:52 AM
I have been to many Clemson games at Littlejohn and that place rocks!! Believe me the students were on thier feet all the time......

NoDakSt
01-27-2006, 04:06 AM
The Kennel Club at Gonzaga is a raucous bunch as well.

And as to the Crazies....they finally turned out to a Duke women's game last weekend when the Lady Vols were in town. When Tennessee all-american Alexis Hornbuckle stepped to the FT line, the Crazies held up Walmart bags and yelled "Target's better" and "rollback prices". it seems that Miss Hornbuckle, during her senior year of high school, was involved in a little shopliftting episode from a WV Wallmart.

Duke women ended up blowing out the Vols.