PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the Winona State Warriors!!!

TheBisonator
03-26-2006, 05:32 AM
For winning the Division II National Basketball Championship today!!!

I have a friend who goes to WSU, and I talked to him today about it, so I wanted to start this thread. ;)

CONGRATS!!!

http://www.teamline.cc/images/logos/Winona.gif

sambini
03-26-2006, 04:14 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Wow!! *Way to go!! Lets get your team to Fargo for a game?

BisonMav
03-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I accidently happened on the game yesterday looking for the time the Big Dance Started. *I actually watched it for a couple minutes. Congrats Winona St.

broke_back_mnt
03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Heres a link to the trophy presentation:

http://www.ncaasports.com/

SDbison
03-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I accidently happened on the game yesterday looking for the time the Big Dance Started. *I actually watched it for a couple minutes. *Congrats Winona St.
I did the same Gil. I was going to watch more but the announcers bias towards Virgina Union made me decide to turn it off. They gave little pregame credit to Winona, and talked the Virgina Union players up so much you would have thought the final score would have been the other way around. Wish I would have stuck around a little more to hear those annnouncers say, Gee this Winona team is pretty good, where are they from. The east coast media types just don't understand that the midwest is capable of producing good players and good teams.

NoDakSt
03-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Grand Valley State won the women's title over American International. *This gives GVSU three national championships so far this year (football and volleyball). *They are decimating the race for the Sears Cup.

bisonranch
03-27-2006, 04:35 AM
That's impressive, congrats Winona State! Do they have a great system or are they out recruiting the NCC schools?

Bisondad
03-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Probably a combination of both, but I live down in this neck of the woods and many of the ahtletes on this team are from towns of 2-5000 people in southeast minnesota. Just goes to show that you can develop players anywhere.

mikelsch
03-27-2006, 06:28 PM
The NSIC is quickly becoming as good or better than the NCC in many sports. Football is the last one to go, but that won't take much longer. Shows you how much the DII landscape has changed over the last decade.