PDA

View Full Version : MILES STAYS.........

WYOBISONMAN
04-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Just announced on WDAY that Miles is STAYING!!!!!!!!!

IowaBison
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
just so he can apply for the UND job!!! :P

tim is pretty funny.

uncwseahawk
04-20-2006, 06:39 PM
http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/BREAKING/60420 002/-1/FRONTPAGE

It's only my own personal opinion,
but I think that Tim Miles made the best decision.
This place is a frigging circus right now.

IowaBison
04-20-2006, 06:42 PM
I agree completely.

However, I wouldn't be too tough on your AD, things appear to be screwed up big time in your athletic department.

WYOBISONMAN
04-20-2006, 06:43 PM
http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/BREAKING/60420 002/-1/FRONTPAGE

It's only my own personal opinion,
but I think that Tim Miles made the best decision.
This place is a frigging circus right now.

We appreciate you stopping by the Bison Board and posting. Best of luck to the Seahawks.....

RonRabbit
04-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Good news.

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 07:25 PM
A lot of people at the press conference...

He said that he was VERY impressed by UNC-Wilmington and literally made up his mind this morning to stay put at NDSU. He cited unfinished business at NDSU and closeness to his family, community, and players/coaches. He and his assistants will get a raise - good news for all involved.

Not all was serious - there was a funny comment about 'staying around the area so that he could apply for Rich Glas' soon-to-be open job'

89rabbit
04-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Congrats Bison. I am happy for you.

Go State! :)

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks Rabbit. Now it's time for Nagy and Miles to get into the Big Sky or Mid Con and show them some Dakota hospitality (or lack thereof).

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Articles so far

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=124225&section=breaking%20news

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2415097

http://www.wral.com/apncnews/8860557/detail.html

RedRiver
04-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I thought an important point Miles made during the press conference was a meeting with President Chapman before he left for the UNCW interview. Miles said more than one time during the press conference about the committment and vision the university administration has for the school and athletics.

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Another kodak moment was Craig Bohl and Tim Miles shaking hands right after Tim left the podium.

NDSU's two most visible coaches will be sharing an income bracket shortly.

imabison
04-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Another kodak moment was Craig Bohl and Tim Miles shaking hands right after Tim left the podium. *

NDSU's two most visible coaches will be sharing an income bracket shortly.

And I will help support them both by buying the season package for Football, and the new Basketball package for men and women.

Go Bison!!!!!!

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Interesting to see how BB season tickets will sell for next season.

Men return a strong, promising team with their LEADER intact
Women's team is completely revamped with 7 new players and a hungry coaching staff

I can't wait!

WYOBISONMAN
04-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Every year gets better and better!

MinotBison
04-20-2006, 10:32 PM
With the Miles situation settled, what are we going to talk about for the next 4 months?

NDSU_grad
04-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Easy, conference affiliation. ;)

DIBISON
04-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Coach Miles was on live WDAY TV sports. He commented about his meeting with Pres Chapman and AD Taylor and their vision for athletics and also mentioned the behind the scenes discussions related to the Mid-Conn and Big Sky conference issues.

His pay was scheduled to increase from 93,000+ to 97,000+ for the upcoming year but now has been boosted to $115,000.

Miles will be on PTS tonight at 6:45.

DIBISON
04-21-2006, 01:09 AM
A few comments from the PTS interview with Miles.

- His family lives in ND, SD, and Minnesota.
- He spoke with Scott Nagy at length about the job offer.
- Liked UNCW basketball only arena setup, would be nice if BSA remodeling could seperate basketball from track/field.
- Talked to M. Tveidt recruit from Pierre today as he had an offer to go to UNCW.
- Have 1 scholarship left, looking at 2-3 athletic big men from JC, if nothing works out will save the scholarship for next fall early signing period.
- Still don't know about T. Lunde status, should be determined by June 1.
- Confirmed NDSU is recruiting B. Qualey.

And Coach Miles will be on the PA & Dubay show tommorrow at 9:30AM.

Bisonguy
04-21-2006, 01:19 AM

- Liked UNCW basketball only arena setup, would be nice if BSA remodeling could seperate basketball from track/field.
- Talked to M. Tveidt recruit from Pierre today as he had an offer to go to UNCW.
- Have 1 scholarship left, looking at 2-3 athletic big men from JC, if nothing works out will save the scholarship for next fall early signing period.

He also repeatedly stated that it wasn't about the money.

Scooter
04-21-2006, 02:41 AM

Chapman stays...Miles stays... It's a good time to be a bison fan. *This helps recruiting, BIG TIME! *It shows recruits that NDSU is a desireable place to be. 8-)

Rabbitlivinginverm
04-21-2006, 02:50 AM
Glad to hear Miles is staying. It's good news for the Bison. I was pleased to hear he sought Coach Nagy's opinion. It shows a friendship has grown between them.

jackrabbit1979
04-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Also glad Coach Miles is staying, I didn't want you guys to bring in a coach that could actually win at Frost Arena ;) ;D.

All Kidding aside, it's a good day to be a Bison. Congrats.

NanoBison
04-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Such bite to your comment you rascally wabbit. huhuhhuh.
No, really, I'm glad to see Miles stay. I think conference affiliation is not to far off in the distance.

DenverBison05
04-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Also glad Coach Miles is staying, I didn't want you guys to bring in a coach that could actually win at Frost Arena *;) ;D.

All Kidding aside, it's a good day to be a Bison. *Congrats.

I predict that Coach Miles will win at Frost before Coach Stig win at the Fargo Dome ;)

tony
04-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Rabbits are known for their sharp, nasty pointy teeth... (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006JGNB0/002-1084958-7370440?v=glance)

I was kind of torn on this from the beginning..First of all, I'd have been insulted if they hadn't offered Coach Miles the job, "What? Our guy isn't good enough? Are you blind?" Then people had me convinced that the UNC-W job was a fantastic opportunity; well, I hate to see somebody pass on something like that even though I have my own selfish reasons for wanting them to say.

Rather than worrying about Coach Miles getting more and better opportunities down the road, it probably makes more sense for me to worry that he won't get them. I hope his next job offer is fantastic.

GoBison127
04-21-2006, 06:04 AM
Rabbits are known for their sharp, nasty pointy teeth... (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006JGNB0/002-1084958-7370440?v=glance)

I was kind of torn on this from the beginning..First of all, I'd have been insulted if they hadn't offered Coach Miles the job, "What? Our guy isn't good enough? Are you blind?" Then people had me convinced that the UNC-W job was a fantastic opportunity; well, I hate to see somebody pass on something like that even though I have my own selfish reasons for wanting them to say.

Rather than worrying about Coach Miles getting more and better opportunities down the road, it probably makes more sense for me to worry that he won't get them. I hope his next job offer is fantastic.

Very well said, it's a good way to look at it.

wfduck
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
what's up with McSquireely. in his column today he say's Miles has never coached outside of ND. Where is SW State? Bowman. nice work mike

BisonMav
04-21-2006, 11:19 AM
I hope his next job offer is fantastic.

Minnesota ;)

rabidrabbit
04-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes, at 2-1 odds that's a statistically safe bet! :P Stig only get there once every two years (generally speaking, tho we're in the dome for 2nd of 2 in a row this year)

Now if wish to bet Nagy/Miles in who wins on the other's home court first.....

I'll round up some fresh FLA Shrimp again some ND venison sausage (your side) that Nagy gets his road win before Miles does :o

;D ;D ;D ;D Congrats that Miles is staying tho! ;D ;D ;D

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Yes, at 2-1 odds that's a statistically safe bet! *:P *Stig only get there once every two years (generally speaking, tho we're in the dome for 2nd of 2 in a row this year)

I'll round up some fresh FLA Shrimp again some ND venison sausage (your side) that Nagy gets his road win before Miles does *:o

;D ;D ;D ;D Congrats that Miles is staying tho! *;D ;D ;D

I'll take that bet.

Considering the things that have transpired between both programs this last year, and the outlook of both men's team's next year, I would feel very confident about a possible sweep over SDSU next year.

I know it's extremely hard to win at Frost arena, but the young promise and success the Bison have had this year, and only going to improve for next year, leads me to believe that the men's program is going to be just as hard if not harder to beat at the BSA.

This Bison men's team, before they are all graduated, will set a dominant trend of home court advantage, and that started last year with only 1 loss.

jackrabbit1979
04-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Yes, at 2-1 odds that's a statistically safe bet! *:P *Stig only get there once every two years (generally speaking, tho we're in the dome for 2nd of 2 in a row this year)

I'll round up some fresh FLA Shrimp again some ND venison sausage (your side) that Nagy gets his road win before Miles does *:o

I'll take that bet.

Considering the things that have transpired between both programs this last year, and the outlook of both men's team's next year, I would feel very confident about a possible sweep over SDSU next year.

I know it's extremely hard to win at Frost arena, but the young promise and success the Bison have had this year, and only going to improve for next year, leads me to believe that the men's program is going to be just as hard if not harder to beat at the BSA.

This Bison men's team, before they are all graduated, will set a dominant trend of home court advantage, and that started last year with only 1 loss.

I understand the Bison's team will be better next year...but do you not think that SDSU's team will be better than the mix match you lost to at Frost this last year. We had four football players and only 5 schollie players and you still didn't beat us. That may have been Mr. Miles best chance. Remember we do get arguably our best player back next year in Steve Holdren. The same guy that lit the Bison up two years ago at the BSA as a true freshman.

All in all, there will be many great games between the two teams over the next few years. Hopefully a conference championship and NCAA tourney bid will be on the line for some of them.

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2006, 09:16 PM

I'll take that bet.

I understand the Bison's team will be better next year...but do you not think that SDSU's team will be better than the mix match you lost to at Frost this last year. *We had four football players and only 5 schollie players and you still didn't beat us. *That may have been Mr. Miles best chance. *Remember we do get arguably our best player back next year in Steve Holdren. *The same guy that lit the Bison up two years ago at the BSA as a true freshman. *

All in all, there will be many great games between the two teams over the next few years. *Hopefully a conference championship and NCAA tourney bid will be on the line for some of them. *

I think SDSU will be very good next year, and I consider this season a wash in the dark for them, considering all of the turbulent things they have had to go through.

I will expect SDSU to represent the dakota connection much in the same way NDSU did last year, probably even moreso along with NDSU this year.

NDSU has their starters coming back, with Vaughn who will be expected to push Mike Nelson for the other starting guard spot, and the incoming freshman, redshirt freshman, along with Lunde will only make the team even better depedning on who does what.

My opinion of NDSU having a better chance to sweep next year, isn't a disrespect to SDSU by any means, it's more of a testament to just how good, and how much better, *I think NDSU will be next year

mikelsch
04-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Lunde's status will be evaluated again after June 1. With his history of concussions, I have a sneaking suspicion that he won't be playing again. I hope Tom can get healthy and be back on the court next season.

SDSUFAN
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM
To get back on topic, I am sure the Bison fans are relieved that Miles is staying. I think taking the UNCW job would have been risky. *Their fans seem to have high expectations, and being connected to the AD and chosen over other candidates would have put him in the bottom of the barrell with the fans before he coached one game.

I do think, besides being a South Dakota native, Coach Miles is a very likeable guy. He seems to be very ambitious and great at building programs. This is why NDSU should be very relived that Coach Miles is statying.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-25-2006, 06:00 AM

Chapman stays...Miles stays... It's a good time to be a bison fan. *This helps recruiting, BIG TIME! *It shows recruits that NDSU is a desireable place to be. 8-)

It shows recruits that in a heartbeat they can lose their head coach

wcbsas
04-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Look at what is happening at UND.
If/when Glas leaves several players may also leave as well.

One fall signing recruit has announced his intentions to seek is release.
The big 6'10" JUCO kid who verballed has not signed and won't sign until he knows what is going on.

The coach is EVERYTHING to incoming athletes. Lose the coach, you lose stability and you are that much less attractive!

silkamilkamonico
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
The coach is EVERYTHING to incoming athletes. *Lose the coach, you lose stability and you are that much less attractive!

Yep.

Say what you want about the kids signing with the school and not the coach, but the fact is the kids DO sign for the coach, and in almost every program if the coach takes another job, there will be kids that will ask/and be granted, for a release.

I'll be curious to see why kind of recruits Miles and co. will be able to pull in now that it is very likely he won't be around for their full 4 years.

Ron_Burgundy
04-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Let the recruiting battle begin..........Both NDSU and SDSU have offered Noah Dallman. I know that everyone on the board knew we were after him, but the offer is now official. I am guessing that the relationship with redshirt pg Josh Vaughn will be leveraged bigtime on this recruiting effort.

BisonMav
04-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Let the recruiting battle begin..........Both NDSU and SDSU have offered Noah Dallman. * I know that everyone on the board knew we were after him, but the offer is now official. *I am guessing that the relationship with redshirt pg Josh Vaughn will be leveraged bigtime on this recruiting effort.

Link Please
http://images.hollywood.com/images/large/l_1749725.jpg