PDA

View Full Version : BSA renovation

NDSUstudent
05-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Kolpack had a nice article in the Forum today about the BSA renovation, where he pointed out some of things he would like to see done. Here is the link...
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=125816&section=Columnists&columnist=J eff%20Kolpack

I like some of his ideas, especially the one about giving the arena a more closed in feel. Whoever the architect is that should be their mission. I hope the lighting and sound systems also get major upgrades because they are both way below average. For sound NDSU should copy what the Ralph has because that is probably one of the best sound systems I have heard in any arena. What would you like to see done to the BSA?

WYOBISONMAN
05-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I garee with Kolpack......make it a real arena and give it a good name.

Bisonguy
05-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Lighting, lighting, lighting!!

A somewhat recessed student section, so they can stand all game long.

Beyond that, Kolpack is spot on.

kchats
05-06-2006, 12:43 AM
You can see the floorplan that was planned when the Momentum Campaign started on GoBison.com.

Here is the link:

http://www.ndsufoundation.com/campaign/bsa/index.htm

Obviously this isn't very accurate anymore since the football locker rooms are now in the FargoDome. They are showing the weightroom on the first floor which makes alot of sense.

roadwarrior
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
The key as Kolpack indicated is to make the BSA seem like it is a smaller building. Putting more seats in the endzones will help that objective.

mikelsch
05-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Must put video on all 4 sides of the big scoreboard and update the sound system. Looks awkward with video on only 2 sides.

imabison
05-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Must put video on all 4 sides of the big scoreboard and update the sound system. *Looks awkward with video on only 2 sides.

Really need to get dual camera systems operating so that the players are moving the same way on the video screen as on the court.