PDA

View Full Version : Bison @ Badgers

Pages : 1 [2]

Leonardite
01-21-2006, 07:54 PM
ESPN has been running their "Pride of the Program" highlights for every team this season. I wondered what they'd pick for us. I think they found it. 8)

Bison_Kent
01-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Wisconsin Coach press conference going on right now at:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/game_day/archive.aspx?ID=2326 Hit Post Game.

scottheck
01-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Wisconsin Coach press conference going on right now at:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/game_day/archive.aspx?ID=2326 *Hit Post Game.

Boy, Ryan sounds like a bit of an a__hole.

SiouxFallsJack
01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Boy, Ryan sounds like a bit of an a__hole.

Just a bit. Great win bison!!!

Tatanka
01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
It would be an absolute travesty if Tuesday's game wasn't PACKED TO THE RAFTERS!!! GO BISON!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!

tony
01-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I opened up The Macallan 18 for this one and am currently enjoying a moderate dram (just one). Call your friends and tell them to watch ESPN (but don't tell them why).

jjbluecw
01-21-2006, 08:06 PM
How much is this win worth in recruiting exposure?

I would think it helps quite a bit. Proves that this team can go anywhere and have a chance to win. I'm sure it was said earlier but the Badgers were #3 in the RPI.

scottheck
01-21-2006, 08:09 PM
There's so many posts about this game on the Badger board, I don't know where to start.

jjbluecw
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Wow. 87 people on the board, and it's January.

Maybe basketball is the sleeping giant of NDSU athletics.

I think it could be with this coach and improvements to the BSA on the way!

Yellow
01-21-2006, 08:12 PM
just got home from work!! I am at a loss for words! Espn said its the biggest upset of the day even if duke loses! Great win for the bison program! Everyone should be out in full force tuesday for the idaho game!!

Bisonguy
01-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Yikes!

94 people on the board?

I seriously don't ever remember that many for football season.....

insane_ponderer
01-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Watched Pitt choke away against a really physical, defensive St. Johns team.

thank god the bison came by and saved my day :)

mikefloorwax
01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you like us now, I wonder how McFeely will dis this one

Dear Bison fans,

I didn't catch the final score. NDSU wasn't exactly playing Duke or the Pistons so I wasn't paying attention. I mean, Wisconsin is a horrible home team having only won something like 57 out of the last 60 games at the Kohl Center. That's not as impressive as winning all 60 so it's not a big deal to beat them.
And, being ranked #15 in the country doesn't matter either. And, Wisconsin's Elite 8 finish in NCAA tournament last year isn't a big deal, too.

So there.
Mike McF

NoDakSt
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
humorous thread (pregame and postgame) from michigan State board.

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167060

wsuwarrior
01-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Many congrats on this win!

I'll admit that I didn't expect this. In the slightest. I wasn't following the game at all. My brother called to give me the news, to which I didn't believe it until I saw it on uwbadgers.com

Even if a local station or two favors that team up north, who do you think will make SportsCenter?

Congrats, don't burn down Fargo in celebration tonight! ;)

tony
01-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Congrats, don't burn down Fargo in celebration tonight! *;)

Hehe, wsuwarrior has always struck me as a wise man. Remember folks: Riot in moderation.

RxBison
01-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Why are we not allowed to watch this game in the Bisonzone? *This is Wisconsin for crying out loud. *Does anyone know?

The Bisonzone is not designed to provide televison coverage. They provide written and audio coverage.

From their Website:

Q: What will I GET with a BISON ZONE VIP Pass?

...A: LISTEN TO THE GAME
Check the Schedule for game times. All audio streams will be available via Windows Media Player with a redundant MP3 backup.

A: BISON ZONE ARCHIVE
With BISON ZONE VIP access you will have access to past game audio, Bison News Conferences and game logs.

TheDoctor
01-21-2006, 08:53 PM
"The most exciting thing about this game will be Gene Taylor cashing the check!" Mike McFeely. Shove this one up your negative @SS! lol

TheBisonator
01-21-2006, 09:00 PM
It would be an absolute travesty if Tuesday's game wasn't PACKED TO THE RAFTERS!!! *GO BISON!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!

You know that it won't. Sorry to say, but it won't... >:(

jjbluecw
01-21-2006, 09:11 PM
No, it won't be packed but hopefully attendance will improve.

BisonCountry
01-21-2006, 09:22 PM
There are a few game photo's up on gobison.com.

Tatanka
01-21-2006, 09:38 PM
You know that it won't. Sorry to say, but it won't... >:(

Yeah, I know. But it's an ABSOLUTE CRIME!!!

NDSUstudent
01-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Bison snap Wisconsin's 27 game win streak over non-conference teams at home. This win is so big and it has got to be turning heads by the powers that be in both the Mid-Con and Big Sky. Fullerton wants to boast the league RPI and as long as the Bison keep on winning our RPI will be very solid.

coloradobison
01-21-2006, 10:04 PM
someone told me Wisconsin was 3rd in RPI this week.

Tatanka
01-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Yes, they *were*.

dakotadan
01-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Congratulations on the win!! Way to represent the state of North Dakota!!

Rabbitlivinginverm
01-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Great win for the Bison! Congrats!

insane_ponderer
01-22-2006, 12:01 AM
just saw the game highlights on the halftime report of the villanova vs syracuse game on espn....:)

they had alot of love for ndsu

"the bison transfering to d1, congradulations, this will certainly aid the transition"

scottheck
01-22-2006, 12:09 AM
For those in the Twin Cities, WCCO-4 is going to do a story on their 6 pm news, in probably 10 minutes.

TheBisonator
01-22-2006, 12:10 AM
I just saw the highlights on KXJB. At least they didn't lead off with a preview of the Sue's "exciting" hockey game against Minnesota State University at Mankato...

BisonMav
01-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Third story with highlights on Channel 4 in the Twin Cities.

BisonMav
01-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Channel 5 said Lil' Old North Dakota State Defeats the Badgers with highlights

Bisonguy
01-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Nice video from WDAY- they still have some more coming up, possibly live from Madison.

The 10:00 WDAY sports will have president Chapman, as well as a story about how the game messed up network highlights(?).

mojobison
01-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Pleaseopleaseoplease, WDAY, tape delay dubbed with Steve Miller / Monson!

Jacks02
01-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Congrats on the huge win Bison!

Awesome!

DIBISON
01-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Nice video from WDAY- they still have some more coming up, possibly live from Madison.

The 10:00 WDAY sports will have president Chapman, as well as a story about how the game messed up network highlights(?).

I understood that WDAY sports tonight at 10:00 includes a piece on all of the national media coverage of the Bison upset.

Yellow
01-22-2006, 01:59 AM
+++++++++++

Bisonguy
01-22-2006, 02:05 AM
I think Dick Vitale's favorite three words today are "North Dakota State"!

Just mentioned it again on the Louisville/UConn pregame.

coloradobison
01-22-2006, 02:07 AM
the espn article said attendance was over 17,000. do you think of them were surprised at the outcome?

Yellow
01-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Who can not love those three words?? Lets get him to love them again in the future!

Yellow
01-22-2006, 02:09 AM
After the game scott miller was saying fans were still in there seats in shock just staring at the floor! I know they were ALL shocked, even the ndsu fans. Watching the replays on espn you can see the student section with there hands over there head in disgust after the dunk by dre

mikefloorwax
01-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Current Big Ten Standings:

Sorry, Gophers!

Wisconsin 4-1
Indiana 3-1
Iowa 3-1
Ohio State 3-2
Illinois 2-2
Michigan 2-2
Michigan State 2-2
Penn State 2-2
North Dakota St. 1-1
Northwestern 2-3
Purdue 1-4
Minnesota 0-4

Yellow
01-22-2006, 02:40 AM
haha, thats great!

Bisonguy
01-22-2006, 02:51 AM
I think Dick Vitale's favorite three words today are "North Dakota State"!

Just mentioned it again on the Louisville/UConn pregame.

Ha- Dick V. just mentioned NDSU again, as Louisville is making a comeback, and said they should just put NDSU on the court. Then said they took a $35k check and are smiling the whole way back on the 8 hour bus ride to Fargo.

jjbluecw
01-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Ha- Dick V. just mentioned NDSU again, as Louisville is making a comeback, and said they should just put NDSU on the court. Then said they took a $35k check and are smiling the whole way back on the 8 hour bus ride to Fargo.

I'm kickin myself....I should be watching espn instead of the gopher game.

jjbluecw
01-22-2006, 03:02 AM
What is up with the Woodside janitor reference?

Bisonguy
01-22-2006, 03:06 AM
What is up with the Woodside janitor reference?

I never heard anything about it before- at the Louisville/UConn halftime show they expounded a litlle and said he was a dorm janitor prior to playing.

So, I'm guessing maybe he had a summer or campus job cleaning up in the dorms? Whoopdeedoodah- A student-athlete with a job. ::)

bisongold
01-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Can anyone stop the janitor?

Yellow
01-22-2006, 03:09 AM
Woody and Moorman took a janitor job this past summer at the dorms to make some cash. How they found out about that i have no idea!! Its pretty comical though, CAN ANYBODY GAURD THE JANITOR??

Bison_Kent
01-22-2006, 03:16 AM
I am not sure how they found out that they were janitors but I think the same comment was made by the TV guys doing the Minnesota game if I remember correctly. Also, I think it was in the media guide.

Bison_Kent
01-22-2006, 03:18 AM
I just looked it up. It is in the media guide under his biography: (first page of the pdf)

http://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/22475.pdf?SPSID=13800&SPID=697&DB_OEM_ID=2400

roadwarrior
01-22-2006, 03:19 AM
Official attendance from the box score:

(Which i think is the capacity of the Kohl Center)

roadwarrior
01-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Watching the game from the 1st row behind the Bison bench: priceless

Being in the locker room immediately following the victory: very priceless

One large coke before the game: $4.00

Bisonguy
01-22-2006, 03:33 AM
Woody and Moorman took a janitor job this past summer at the dorms to make some cash. How they found out about that i have no idea!! Its pretty comical though, CAN ANYBODY GAURD THE JANITOR??

Thanks for shedding some light about that!

Bisonguy
01-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Official attendance from the box score:

(Which i think is the capacity of the Kohl Center)

That is capacity-

Capacity
The Kohl Center seats 17,142 for basketball.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/facilities/kohl_center/index.aspx

mikefloorwax
01-22-2006, 03:41 AM
I think this win will make Coach Miles a lot of money down the road.

If Ray Jack can coach at Utah........

MinotBison
01-22-2006, 05:04 AM
I think this win will make Coach Miles a lot of money d own the road. *

If Ray Jack can coach at Utah........

How far down the road? ??? ???

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2006, 05:24 AM
How far down the road? *??? ???

Unfortunately, if NDSU keeps having the success and improvement they have shown this year, I would give it 4 years.

mikefloorwax
01-22-2006, 05:46 AM
ONE SHINING MOMENT (NCAA Final Four)

The ball is tipped
and there you are
you're running for your life
you're a shooting star
And all the years
no one knows
just how hard you worked
but now it shows...
(in) ONE SHINING MOMENT, IT'S ALL ON THE LINE
ONE SHINING MOMENT, THERE FROZEN IN TIME

But time is short
and the road is long
in the blinking of an eye
ah that moment's gone
And when it's done
win or lose
you always did your best
cuz inside you knew...
(that) ONE SHINING MOMENT, YOU REACHED DEEP INSIDE
ONE SHINING MOMENT, YOU KNEW YOU WERE ALIVE

Feel the beat of your heart
feel the wind in your face
it's more than a contest
it's more than a race...

And when it's done
win or lose
you always did your best
cuz inside you knew...
(that) ONE SHINING MOMENT, YOU REACHED FOR THE SKY
ONE SHINING MOMENT, YOU KNEW
ONE SHINING MOMENT, YOU WERE WILLING TO TRY
ONE SHINING MOMENT....

Bison Win!

Rodentia
01-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Let's not for get one important issue - how were the hot dogs at the game? The hot dogs in the Fargodome are better than those at Williams Arena.

TheDoctor
01-22-2006, 06:27 AM
Any mention on Sports Center tonight?

TheDoctor
01-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Anyone know??????

TheBisonator
01-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Any mention on Sports Center tonight?

Yes, we were on SC tonight. They showed the hi-lites after a series of college basketball games featuring the top-10 teams. It was on about 20 minutes into the show, I believe. They even showed that "Get to Know NDSU" blurb on the screen giving some information about the school and talking briefly about the game after the clips. One of the hosts said "They're going ga-ga on the bus trip back to Fargo".

We were given a little more extensive coverage on College Game Day Final. Digger Phelps and Rece Davis were saying some things about us.

Pretty good exposure. 8)

TheDoctor
01-22-2006, 06:34 AM
I am watching midnight sports center and nothing yet 35 minutes in! :-[

DIBISON
01-22-2006, 06:35 AM
There was a clip from ESPN that talked about the Bison upset over Wisconsin, on a local sportscast tonight as part of a feature on all of the national exposure from the game.

TheBisonator
01-22-2006, 06:37 AM
I am watching midnight sports center and nothing yet 35 minutes in! *:-[

I watched the 10pm (CST) SportsCenter, and they showed the Bison clips at about 10:25 CST.

tcbison
01-23-2006, 03:25 PM
I listened to Game Night on ESPN radio and they interviewed Coach Miles when he was at Champps in the Twin Cities.

Later I was in the Rosedale Mall where I saw the NDSU track and field team so I went over to talk with them. They said everyone in the mall was stopping them and congradulating them on their big win. The exposure in the Twin Cities has been great!

IowaBisonToo
01-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Haven't had a chance to post anything as of yet about the win however, in the infamous words of Frank Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond) -- "HOLY CRAP!!!" :) :D ;D

Saw the ticker on SC Saturday night and I couldn't believe my eyes. :o All I saw the first time around was ND St hi-lited and Wisconsin not. I had to wait for the ticker to come back around to see what I thought I did. My brother-in-law was sitting there (who is a huge bball fan) and I actually shouted, "The Bison beat Wisconsin!" He was amazed. Thought it was the coolest thing ever, of course he's a big Gopher fan so that helped.

Anyway, congrats to the whole team and coaching staff. I would have to assume the feeling they felt Sat night is what teams of the future are going to feel when they take a win away from a higher ranked opponent in the NCAAs some day.

bisonhusker
01-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Coach Miles will be on PA and Dubay on KFAN....1280AM in Fargo at 10:30 this morning. He does a great job of representing NDSU. Get out to the game tomorrow night. Team Makers will also be great on Thursday.

silkamilkamonico
01-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Coach Miles will be on PA and Dubay on KFAN....1280AM in Fargo at 10:30 this morning. *He does a great job of representing NDSU. *Get out to the game tomorrow night. * Team Makers will also be great on Thursday.

Dam I missed that. I looked on the KFAN site but I couldn't find a link to listen to their show this morning. It has to be around there somewhere, if anyone knows where to look I would be greatly appreciated......

Yellow
01-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Anybody listen to that and give us all the run down on what was said?

mjh
01-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah he did good. Great interview.

DIBISON
01-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Coach Miles will be on PA and Dubay on KFAN....1280AM in Fargo at 10:30 this morning. *He does a great job of representing NDSU. *Get out to the game tomorrow night. * Team Makers will also be great on Thursday.

The interview was awesome! After Miles was done PA and Dubay had nothing but good to say about the Coach, and felt he was one of the best in the region. They also said he was a great interview!

PA and Dubay closed the show with laughter because of an email from Fargo that I will paraphrase somewhat " They must be chocking on their cereal in Grand Forks today. The Bison are no longer in the shadow of the other state university in Grand forks and they won't be looking back anymore."

BisonBryce
01-23-2006, 10:48 PM
All I can say of this victory is one thing..

"My Oh My"

RedRiver
01-23-2006, 10:50 PM

They are talking about NDSU right now on KFAN. A few of the comments:

"Fargo the basketball mecca of the country"

"Home of the NDSU Bison"

"Dan Monson should call their coach - - he knows how to beat a Big Ten team."

uncbear
01-23-2006, 11:26 PM
congrats to the bison! that is a huge win.

GFBison
01-24-2006, 12:31 AM
I would like to give my sincere thanks and gratitude to Coach Miles and the Bison. Today was one of the best days at work that I've experienced in Grand Forks.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just walked around with a big smile on my face and it drove 'em nuts. They knew exactly what I was thinking, I didn't need to say anything. They tried to talk about hockey, I just smiled. They tried to talk about the UND girls 22 game win streak, I just smiled. Finally, someone ask me if I was going to brag about the Bison, and you know what came next, that’s right, one big-A$$ smile. ;D ;D ;D

mikefloorwax
01-24-2006, 05:23 PM
A quote from the newspaper sports, gulp, reporter in Fargo.

"Remember, something named Chaminade once defeated Ralph Sampson and No. 1-ranked Virginia. Does anybody know or care what’s become of the Silverswords?"

Dear Mike,
I know you will read this.

Chaminade is still in Division II and had no intentions of moving anywhere else.

Unlike Chaminade, NDSU is Division I. With a bit higher aspirations.

BisonCountry
01-24-2006, 05:31 PM
A quote from the newspaper sports, gulp, reporter in Fargo.

"Remember, something named Chaminade once defeated Ralph Sampson and No. 1-ranked Virginia. Does anybody know or care what’s become of the Silverswords?"

Dear Mike,
I know you will read this.

Chaminade is still in Division II and had no intentions of moving anywhere else.

Unlike Chaminade, NDSU is Division I. With a bit higher aspirations.

I would actually tend to agree with what he's trying to say even if I don't agree with the delivery. We need to follow this milestone victory with more success if we want it to truely put ourselves on the national map otherwise people (on the national level) will quickly forget it.

basketballer
01-24-2006, 08:07 PM
I would actually tend to agree with what he's trying to say even if I don't agree with the delivery. We need to follow this milestone victory with more success if we want it to truely put ourselves on the national map otherwise people (on the national level) will quickly forget it.

Even if NDSU wins out the rest of this year, nobody nationally is going to care. There's not any "national" teams on the remaining schedule. You'll have to hope for another upset next year to try and garner more national attention. With this win Miles, may try to upgrade the schedule some.

BisonCountry
01-24-2006, 08:33 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/YaBBImages/face.gif
Font Face title=

Even if NDSU wins out the rest of this year, nobody nationally is going to care. There's not any "national" teams on the remaining schedule. You'll have to hope for another upset next year to try and garner more national attention. With this win Miles, may try to upgrade the schedule some.

I'm sure Wisconsin cares. They would like us to keep our RPI in the lower 100's.

basketballer
01-24-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm sure Wisconsin cares. They would like us to keep our RPI in the lower 100's.

With all the stuff going on at Wisconsin right now, I would have to think this is the least of their problems. If I was Bo, I'm pretty sure I would have my guys practicing their jump shots before worrying about my RPI rating.

BisonMav
01-24-2006, 10:38 PM
With all the stuff going on at Wisconsin right now, I would have to think this is the least of their problems. *If I was Bo, I'm pretty sure I would have my guys practicing their jump shots before worrying about my RPI rating.

I say Taylor play in High School, he still can't shoot from outside ;) Maybe they need to work on shot selection.

basketballer
01-24-2006, 11:05 PM
I say Taylor play in High School, he still can't shoot from outside ;) Maybe they need to work on shot selection.

Haha, yeah one of the two. They need to do something... 20 Fu#&ing %, if Wisconsin's looking for a coach to get a shooting percentage like that, I'm available, and I'll work for say, half of what Bo is.

NoDakSt
01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
badgers go back into battle tonight...pregame write up on hosting Penn State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/preview;_ylt=AvRvYcykpzbU7RelCEuAZWXevbYF?gid=2006 01250657

mikelsch
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I hope Bucky Badger wins the rest of their games this year

Herd_Mentality
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
I hope the Badgers win every game they play this year too... I'll be the first guy you see with a "NDSU Bison - 2005 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Champions" t-shirt.

RedRiver
01-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Haha, yeah one of the two. *They need to do something... 20 Fu#&ing %, if Wisconsin's looking for a coach to get a shooting percentage like that, I'm available, and I'll work for say, half of what Bo is.

Wisconsin's average field goal % leading up to the Bison game was 46.1%.

basketballer
01-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Wisconsin's average field goal % leading up to the Bison game was 46.1%.

ok.

NDSUstudent
01-26-2006, 02:07 AM
Looks like the Badgers are bouncing back nicely.

They are up 40-20 with 19:00 left in the game against Penn St.

gwendel
01-26-2006, 02:46 AM
68-38 Wisconsin with 3:40 left in the game.
They're really taking it to Penn State.

DenverBison05
01-26-2006, 03:44 AM
72-43 Wisconsin beat Penn St.

I would say Wisc. is still a good team. :D

roadwarrior
01-26-2006, 04:02 AM
The announcers of the Illinois-Minnesota game commented on the Wisconsin score tonight by saying, "they must have gotten a pep talk after losing to North Dakota State".

lakesbison
05-31-2006, 05:43 AM
over 10,000 views!!!! i just HAD to relive it.. 1 more time...

it sure is amazing to read this thread!!

those were the DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

roadwarrior
05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
i just HAD to relive it.. 1 more time...

Yeah, being at the Kohl Center that day is worth remembering!