PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State fan here

FarmerClone
07-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Hello Bison fans. I see you have been added to our schedule for this year and read the thread discussing your schedule. In that thread some thought ISU would be vulnerable to an NDSU "upset". You could be right. The firing of Wayne Morgan and hiring of Greg McDermott led to our starting guards, Will Blalock and Curtis Stinson declaring for the draft and four other players transferring (one to Memphis, one to NC STate, one to St Joes and one undecided if that tells you the level of players we lost). It leaves us without any returning guards. But Coach McDermott did not waste much time and got JC guards Corey McIntosh and Micheal Taylor signed this spring. They are both very solid JC guards and should be ready to play right out of the gate. We return our starting front line in JR SF Rahshon Clark, JR PF Jiri Hubalek and SO C Ross Marsden. We also add a couple of 6'7" forwards in Cory and Wesley Johnson (no, they are not related). If the game was earlier in the season, I think the Bison could very well pull the upset, but the timing of it makes me feel more confident in my Clones odds to hold the Bison at bay. Either way it is great to see a young program like NDSU get off to a great start and hopefully some of you can make the trip to Ames and "represent".

In a side note, it appears Greg McDermott took a liking to Brian Qvale at the ISU Elite Camp and he is definately on our radar. He does not have an offer at this time, but may receive one in the future.

NanoBison
07-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks FC. We won't let our gaurd down for the game. I'll be sure to try to make it to Iowa State for the game!!!

roadwarrior
07-02-2006, 01:36 PM
New years eve in Ames! I will be there. Go up against our former coach McDermott!

sambini
07-02-2006, 09:35 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO FC. AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

TheBisonator
07-02-2006, 10:10 PM
I wish I could make it to Ames for that game. I went down there last January. ISU has a beautiful campus. I hope the game is on at least some sort of channel that DirecTV carries in its sports pack. ESPN would be AWESOME.

FarmerClone
07-03-2006, 05:33 AM
I believe every ISU game except the games from the Hawaii tourney were on TV last year. Whether it be FullCourt or some other channel, I think every game was on.

tcbison
07-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for coming to Bisonville and sharing this info! Looking forward to playing Iowa State in basketball and other sports as well. As far as Brian Qvale goes, I think he will look better in green. :)

broke_back_mnt
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey IowaStateFan! :) Whats the RV situation down there? Can you pull in early, like the day before, can you accomidate them at all?

FarmerClone
07-12-2006, 02:56 AM
There is a huge amount of free parking at Hilton Colesium. Motor on down!

IowaBison
07-12-2006, 03:21 AM
Hi, FarmerClone went to grad school in Ames from '01 to '04.

Looking forward to the games.

I've got a party of eight already for the game on New Year's Eve. BBQ at Hickory Park and Bison Upset at Hilton: the magic won't be there the last day of '06.

FarmerClone
07-12-2006, 04:22 AM
I hope the Hickory Park is great, but the "desert" disappoints! I refuse to believe my Clones will let me ring in the new year on a bad note! :)

BisonMav
07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
I hope the Hickory Park is great, but the "desert" disappoints! *I refuse to believe my Clones will let me ring in the new year on a bad note! *:)

Brings back memories, I have had great food at Hickory Park.