PDA

View Full Version : GREAT NEWS about NOAH!!!

lakesbison
03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Inside Information
Noah Dahlman, a 6-foot-6 junior for the Braham boys basketball team that won its third straight Minnesota Class 2A championship last week, said he has his choices for college narrowed down to North Dakota State, Furman and Army.

THIS WOULD BE AN AMAZING CATCH FOR NDSU!!

COME ON TIMMY!!! work your magic.

JOSH VAUGHN>.. make sure you get your buddy NOAH up here a lot!!! WE NEED HIM!!

Noah will be the top player in Minnesota next year.

BisonMav
03-31-2006, 04:55 PM
It is great news, and also mentioned in the Freddy Coleman thread. *8)

Inside Information (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=121941§ion=Sports)
Noah Dahlman, a 6-foot-6 junior for the Braham boys basketball team that won its third straight Minnesota Class 2A championship last week, said he has his choices for college narrowed down to North Dakota State, Furman and Army.

sambini
04-01-2006, 06:15 AM
tHANKS FOR THE INSIGHT LAKES+++++++++++++++++

BisonBacker
04-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Tim will definately have to work some magic there. I hope he can do it. Dahlman is a top notch player. We need players of his caliber to continue our climb in DI, the better the BBall team does in the future the more attractive it will be for a potential conference to make the move to give us the nod.

mikelsch
04-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Furman's coach accepts associate head coach job at Cincinnati
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2395837

Maybe this will eliminate Furman from Noah Dahlman's final 3 choices...leaving NDSU and Army.

imabison
04-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Furman's coach accepts associate head coach job at Cincinnati
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2395837

Maybe this will eliminate Furman from Noah Dahlman's final 3 choices...leaving NDSU and Army.

Unfortunately if Tim Miles leaves the same could apply to NDSU. I do hope that Tim Miles stays at NDSU for the next few years at least, and I know I am not alone.

silkamilkamonico
04-05-2006, 01:20 AM
I wonder if Miles will still be able to pull some good recruits it, assuming it's out that he is listening to other offers, and if success is continued likely won't be around after a couple years?

mn-bison
04-05-2006, 05:21 PM
I know the coaches do a lot of work to sell the program, but the players have to choose for the school also, not just the coach. *When Babich left we had about 20 recruits signed and none of them left after Babich announcing he was leaving.

It may be different with the coach being activly recruited, but I think for the most part the STUDENT-atheletes are (or should be)going for the school.

wcbsas
04-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I know the coaches do a lot of work to sell the program, but the players have to choose for the school also, not just the coach. *When Babich left we had about 20 recruits signed and none of them left after Babich announcing he was leaving.

It may be different with the coach being activly recruited, but I think for the most part the STUDENT-atheletes are (or should be)going for the school.

In theory and according to the NCAA you may be right but that is not a practical perspective either.

Most of the scholarship athletes choose the school because of basketball - attractiveness of the program, school, weather, teammates ... AND especially because of the coach(es).

The coach run a certain style offense, or the coach has you slotted as a 3/4 versus some else who maybe views you strictly as a 4 or especially in D2 where full scholarships are rare ... committments verbally about money (now and into the future).

If Miles were to leave NDSU then everyone (and rightfully so) will be concerned about the direction of the program, will it continue to win ...

Why is Maurice Aker transferring from Ball State to Marquette?
Why did Greg Oden have put in his scholarship offer a clause allowing him to leave if Matta (the head coach) were to leave?
Why are recruits for UNC-Wilmington, NC State, Oklahoma, Concordia St. Paul ... are reconsidering their decisions?

Don't give me the esoteric theoretical may it should be ... simple fact is most basketball athletes go to a school in LARGE part because of the coach.

mikelsch
04-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Well said wcbsas

jackrabbit1979
04-05-2006, 07:44 PM

In theory and according to the NCAA you may be right but that is not a practical perspective either.

Most of the scholarship athletes choose the school because of basketball - attractiveness of the program, school, weather, teammates ... AND especially because of the coach(es).

The coach run a certain style offense, or the coach has you slotted as a 3/4 versus some else who maybe views you strictly as a 4 or especially in D2 where full scholarships are rare ... committments verbally about money (now and into the future).

If Miles were to leave NDSU then everyone (and rightfully so) will be concerned about the direction of the program, will it continue to win ...

Why is Maurice Aker transferring from Ball State to Marquette?
Why did Greg Oden have put in his scholarship offer a clause allowing him to leave if Matta (the head coach) were to leave?
Why are recruits for UNC-Wilmington, NC State, Oklahoma, Concordia St. Paul ... are reconsidering their decisions?

Don't give me the esoteric theoretical may it should be ... simple fact is most basketball athletes go to a school in LARGE part because of the coach.

Add to that list the two Ohio Blue Chippers that basically said they would attend school where Bob Huggins landed as a coach. I know they added an escape clause, but it seems they have their minds pretty set.

lakesbison
04-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Noah was touted as top 3 players in Minnesota for the upcoming season according to rivals...

NDSU and TIM MILES and JOSH VAUGHN.. need to be getting NOAH to fargo MANY MANY times this summer/fall to hang with the team etc.. *unofficially and on his own accord of course!!! ) ;)

Bryan
04-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Top 5 is more realistic behind Cole Aldrich, Trevor Mbwake, Al Nolan Jr,. and Blake Hoffarber.

silkamilkamonico
04-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Top 5 is more realistic behind Cole Aldrich, Trevor Mbwake, Al Nolan Jr,. and Blake Hoffarber.

Ahh, Cole Aldirch. Can't wait to say, "Welcome to KU".

lakesbison
04-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Let the recruiting battle begin..........Both NDSU and SDSU have offered Noah Dallman. I know that everyone on the board knew we were after him, but the offer is now official. I am guessing that the relationship with redshirt pg Josh Vaughn will be leveraged bigtime on this recruiting effort.

RON BURGANDY reported this.. HA HA..

SDSU... u are GOING down in this battle.... fellow RIVAL.

U HAVE NO SHOT at GETTING NOAH FROM US!!!

PUT NOAH'S ARK in the RED RIVER BABY!!!

jackrabbit1979
04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Let the recruiting battle begin..........Both NDSU and SDSU have offered Noah Dallman. * I know that everyone on the board knew we were after him, but the offer is now official. *I am guessing that the relationship with redshirt pg Josh Vaughn will be leveraged bigtime on this recruiting effort.

RON BURGANDY reported this.. *HA HA..

SDSU... u are GOING down in this battle.... *fellow RIVAL.

PUT NOAH'S ARK in the RED RIVER BABY!!! *

I didn't know Noah had already verballed to NDSU, i thought he was still considering other schools as well... ::)

mikelsch
04-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I thought he had already narrowed down his decision to Army, Furman, and NDSU. There's no report that he's made a decision.

lakesbison
04-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I never said he verballed... RON Burgendy.. did.. and I think it's time TONY gets rid of him.. he throws out things that aint true or confirmed..

but .. still... we still want NOAH!!! he is the absolute blue chipper that NDSU needs..

we wont get Cole Aldrich, Nolan or Hoffharder *spell check*.......

Sooooo Lets pull out all the stops MILES!! make that money worthwhile!!

look back at this thread about the lineup in 07

vaughn
woodside
Noah Dahlman
Freddie Coleman
Twiedt
Winkelmann
.....etc THATS A NIT TEAM.. easy!

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I never said he verballed... RON Burgendy.. did.. and I think it's time TONY gets rid of him.. he throws out things that aint true or confirmed..

but .. still... we still want NOAH!!! *he is the absolute blue chipper that NDSU needs..

we wont get Cole Aldrich, Nolan or Hoffharder *spell check*.......

Sooooo *Lets pull out all the stops MILES!! *make that money worthwhile!!

look back at this thread about the lineup in 07

vaughn
woodside
Noah Dahlman
Freddie Coleman
Twiedt
Winkelmann
.....etc * THATS A NIT TEAM.. easy!

Dahlman is hardly a blue chipper, and he's seriously starting to consider other schools now becuase he knows Miles and the staff won't be around the 4 full years.

NDSUstudent
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Dahlman is hardly a blue chipper, and he's seriously starting to consider other schools now becuase he knows Miles and the staff won't be around the 4 full years.

I actually think by turning down the offer at UNCW Miles has shown to recruits that he likes being at NDSU and that it would take a great coaching offer to get him to leave. It shows the great confidence he has in NDSU and in the program he has built here. There is no garauntee that Miles is going to be here for 4 more years but it is far from a garauntee that he will be gone in 4 years. It's not like Miles is shopping for new jobs, he is letting the offers come to him. Miles has no problem with being the head coach at NDSU for a long time. It will take a great offer for to get him to leave(Major or MVC type job) and those aren't exactly easy jobs to get even if you are a great coach like Tim is.

mikelsch
04-26-2006, 06:54 PM

I actually think by turning down the offer at UNCW Miles has shown to recruits that he likes being at NDSU and that it would take a great coaching offer to get him to leave. It shows the great confidence he has in NDSU and in the program he has built here. There is no garauntee that Miles is going to be here for 4 more years but it is far from a garauntee that he will be gone in 4 years. It's not like Miles is shopping for new jobs, he is letting the offers come to him. Miles has no problem with being the head coach at NDSU for a long time. It will take a great offer for to get him to leave(Major or MVC type job) and those aren't exactly easy jobs to get even if you are a great coach like Tim is.

Agreed. It would be naive for a player to think he is guaranteed a coach for 4 years, especially at successful programs. Players sign with coaches mainly, but they also have to be comfortable with the entire program. They shouldn't sign unless they feel that the program won't fall apart if the current head coach leaves.

BisonMav
04-26-2006, 07:07 PM
and he's seriously starting to consider other schools now becuase he knows Miles and the staff won't be around the 4 full years.

Speculation or fact?

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2006, 10:54 PM

Agreed. It would be naive for a player to think he is guaranteed a coach for 4 years, especially at successful programs. Players sign with coaches mainly, but they also have to be comfortable with the entire program. They shouldn't sign unless they feel that the program won't fall apart if the current head coach leaves.

Yeah I hope you guys are right.

I just wonder if recruits will consider the fact that Miles did say he was interested and would listen, that maybe he won't be around for their 4 years.

Then again, you guys have a good point that maybe Miles did show that he is committed to these players (which I have no doubt that he is).

Oh well, time willt ell.

Ron_Burgundy
05-02-2006, 03:06 AM

That is a cut and paste from Lakesbison who thinks I should get yanked by Tony????? Well, I would like you to read my post again....as I reported that we offered him....as has SDSU. Sorry if you don't want accurate info on the program. My name may be funny, but the stuff is accurate. You will never find anything on this board that I have said that was inaccurate. Thanks. My post is actually under another thread, and says nothing about a verbal, just that we have officially offered him, so hopefully TONY will allow me to stay on the site...I am guessing most people appreciate some good insider info from time to time.

From the desk of Ron Burgundy. Stay Classy

Ron_Burgundy
05-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Let the recruiting battle begin..........Both NDSU and SDSU have offered Noah Dallman. I know that everyone on the board knew we were after him, but the offer is now official. I am guessing that the relationship with redshirt pg Josh Vaughn will be leveraged bigtime on this recruiting effort.

Just for Lakesbison, that was my official post from another thread. I cut and pasted it to make sure I stated he was offered and has not verballed to us.

roadwarrior
05-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Ron, you are not in danger of getting the boot! We appreciate any and all information that you share with us.

lakesbison
05-02-2006, 04:16 AM
BOTTOM LINE IS>. people MISTOOK what u said as verballed..

and I was responding to them.. and yes. u have thrown crap against the wall to see what sticks....

i just think it was cool.. to confuse people.

jackrabbit1979
05-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Let the recruiting battle begin..........Both NDSU and SDSU have offered Noah Dallman. * I know that everyone on the board knew we were after him, but the offer is now official. *I am guessing that the relationship with redshirt pg Josh Vaughn will be leveraged bigtime on this recruiting effort.

I didn't know Noah had already verballed to NDSU, i thought he was still considering other schools as well... ::)

Actually Lakes, I was being sarcastic (note the ::)) responding to your post when i said he had verballed to NDSU. I think it was the statement, "U HAVE NO SHOT at GETTING NOAH FROM US!!!" that threw me off. I didn't know we had to draw him away from NDSU even though he hasn't committed or verballed to you at all. MY BAD. Either way, my statement had nothing to do with any other post on the thread besides yours Lake.

silkamilkamonico
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Actually Lakes, I was being sarcastic (note the *::)) responding to your post when i said he had verballed to NDSU. *I think it was the statement, "U HAVE NO SHOT at GETTING NOAH FROM US!!!" that threw me off. *I didn't know we had to draw him away from NDSU even though he hasn't committed or verballed to you at all. *MY BAD. *Either way, my statement had nothing to do with any other post on the thread besides yours Lake.

Don't be so hard on him.

He's an avid supporter of NDSU getting D1 hockey.

There are fruit loops in every circle of programs.

;D

Snoop-a-Loop
05-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Lakes .... If Ron Burgundy hasn't told you, he is kind of a big deal. Just ask him. He possesses information before it even becomes inside information. If you only knew who Ron Burgundy was........

roadwarrior
05-03-2006, 03:48 AM
If you think Ron Burgundy's identity is a mystery, how about this Frank Ricard guy :)

Ron_Burgundy
05-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Josh Vaughn was cleared to play and is pretty fired up about it. He had elbow surgery and then it got infected, so he is back and playing. Lunde is also working out and doing well, great news for the young Bison. Hopefully Lakesbison will not read this post and somehow think I just stated we signed Noah Dallman, or that I am throwing stuff at the wall....but I thought some fans may be interested that both Josh and Tom are back at it.

tcbison
05-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the information especially on Josh Vaughn. He was great to watch in the MN State basketball tournament a couple of years ago and I believe his elbow was hurting him quite a bit back then. I think he will have a big impact with the Bison especially if he can shoot.

Has Lunde cleared all his tests as well or is the jury still out on it.

mikelsch
05-04-2006, 09:09 PM
From an interview on PTS awhile back...the plan is to evaluate Tom Lunde's status after June 1.

Scooter
05-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Josh Vaughn was cleared to play and is pretty fired up about it. *He had elbow surgery and then it got infected, so he is back and playing. *Lunde is also working out and doing well, great news for the young Bison. *Hopefully Lakesbison will not read this post and somehow think I just stated we signed Noah Dallman, or that I am throwing stuff at the wall....but I thought some fans may be interested that both Josh and Tom are back at it. *

Ron Burgundy, I'm going to disregard your whole post except for the four highlighted words. *See... you did say it ;)

Seriously, this team, if we get everyone healthy, is going to be very good. :)

Snoop-a-Loop
05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Ron Burgundy v. Lakes Bison in a cage match.

BisonMav
05-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Ron Burgundy v. Lakes Bison in a cage match.

Celebrity Death Match ;D

kchats
05-05-2006, 02:55 AM
Can the men play outside the country like they did in Canada last year this year? I believe that really helped the team.

lakesbison
05-05-2006, 04:29 AM
BRING YOUR SCOTCH BITCH!!!!!

Ill Leg Wrestle you in a cagematch..

friday noon.... Northern Buffet..... on stage..... LETS RUMBLE!!!

p.s SCOOTER.. yes.. he did say those 4 words!! GOOD EYE!

I talked to a friend of a NDSU coach.... RUMOR has it.. he was in BRAHAM in the past week or so!!!!!

Josh Vaughn and dad (Braham's coach) were in attendance!!

COME ON NOAH!! EARLY DECISION!!! *if he blows up this year, NDSU might not be big enough for him*

tophatfan
05-05-2006, 04:50 AM
Can the men play outside the country like they did in Canada last year this year? *I believe that really helped the team.

No that can only happen every couple of years

Ron_Burgundy
05-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I am almost sure it is every 4 years they can play in a tourney out of the country. But, now I am thinking....that I am really not sure. I think Miles told me that at one point. So do we want Noah or the big kid in Williston? Ok, I will take both. I will pass on the Lakesbison match, unless I have the entire news team with me....that includes you Frank.

Scooter
05-05-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm not saying that anyone has crossed the line. I'm just saying let's make sure that we don't cross that recruiting violation line when we are on here discussing a player that hasn't signed yet. I'd hate to have NDSU punished for the actions of a few.

I originally posted this in green and gold, but it was as hard to read as the road uniforms.

silkamilkamonico
05-05-2006, 07:49 PM
I am almost sure it is every 4 years they can play in a tourney out of the country. *But, now I am thinking....that I am really not sure. *I think Miles told me that at one point.

I know it was every 4 years, but I believe the NCAA nixed that proposition, and I believe now teams don't have to wait every four years.

I will try and find a link, and then post it, if I can figure out where to begin looking for that.

silkamilkamonico
05-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I am almost sure it is every 4 years they can play in a tourney out of the country. *But, now I am thinking....that I am really not sure. *I think Miles told me that at one point.

I know it was every 4 years, but I believe the NCAA nixed that proposition, and I believe now teams don't have to wait every four years.

I will try and find a link, and then post it, if I can figure out where to begin looking for that.

Here's a link, and they were called "exepmt" tournaments and now schools can play in up to 4 games every season, before the season starts.

http://www.insidehoops.com/ncaa/

Check out the "Friday, April 28th" section.

Bryan
05-11-2006, 01:54 AM
NDSU is in very good shape with Noah for basketball, but recently Noah has been getting alot of attention from Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, and Michigan State for Football and could receive offers if he chooses to attend some of the football camps and combines this summer, although with his pulley basketball schedule, I'm not sure how likely that is. He is a TE.

jackmd
05-13-2006, 01:01 AM
I read in the STRIB today that Coach Vaughn will be staying at Braham despite some differences with the school board. I would think this bodes well for the Bison.

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Bonecollector on sdsufans.com

From what my sources tell me Noah Dahlman is unoffically taking a visit to SDSU this weekend!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1131660049/90#90

Don't know who bonecollector is or if his sources are any good but I hope he's right and Noah is in Brookings this weekend.

The_Plow
05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
So yea I dont know why you would want him at SDSU personally i hope he comes to NDSU thye could use an amazing player like him, I believe personally that he is better then Josh Vaughan. Come on Noah make a smart choice!

lakesbison
05-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I doubt NOAH is in SDSU.. no offense..

I think NDSU is very lucky to have a visit with him because of Josh Vaughn and his father.

Noah is looking at BIGGER MID MAJORS.. than us (NDSU & SDSU)

I still think that if NOAH isn't offered a full ride by a big school (Northern Iowa, Iowa State, Furman.... that he comes to NDSU!!!.. big IF!)

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-19-2006, 03:16 PM

I think NDSU is very lucky to have a visit with him because of Josh Vaughn and his father.

I still think that if NOAH isn't offered a full ride by a big school (Northern Iowa, Iowa State, Furman.... that he comes to NDSU!!!.. big IF!)

SDSU also has some connections in Braham. A former SDSU safety and then grad assistant, Jason Melcher, went to Braham. Jason's dad is the head football coach at Braham and a huge SDSU supporter.

The_Plow
05-19-2006, 03:39 PM
actually the head coach at braham is Terry bodeen and he is retiring this year ed melcher hasnt coached football at braham for awhile but he is a good scout for them the new head coach is shaun kunke a very energetic young coach who was the special teams coach for braham he's really aiming to shake things up there and plans on taking them back to state.

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-19-2006, 06:38 PM
actually the head coach at braham is Terry bodeen and he is retiring this year ed melcher hasnt coached football at braham for awhile but he is a good scout for them the new head coach is shaun kunke a very energetic young coach who was the special teams coach for braham he's really aiming to shake things up there and plans on taking them back to state.

I stand corrected.

Centralmn
05-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Having seen both Noah and Isaiah Dahlman both play, I would say that Noah will be a better college player. While Isaiah did get a ride at Mighigan State, I do not think he will be there for his whole college career. He is not that good of an outside shooter and he is scrawny. I think he will transfer to a small DI school.

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-22-2006, 04:30 PM

Noah was at SDSU this weekend. No word on how the visit went.

The_Plow
05-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Having seen both Noah and Isaiah Dahlman both play, I would say that Noah will be a better college player. *While Isaiah did get a ride at Mighigan State, I do not think he will be there for his whole college career. *He is not that good of an outside shooter and he is scrawny. *I think he will transfer to a small DI school.
i'm going to have to not agree on the outside shooting part but i do agree that noah will be the better college player hes WAY more of an athlete and team player i've followed them both closely. But Isaiah is an excellent outside shooter and scored in some cases almost half of the points for braham. He Blew past the most career points scored for the state of minnesota and was named mr. basketball there is NO way that Isaiah will transfer to a smaller school because any other huge DI school would be on him in no time. Both Noah and Isaiah are good basketball players but im going to agree that Noah is WAY more of an athlete. Who knows its possible you could see Noah on the football turf before the basketball court.

Hurricane
05-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Centralmn, you have to be joking, "He is not that good of an outside shooter and he is scrawny". You must have no idea what you are talking about if think Isaiah will be this scrawny figure you say he will be all four years at MSU. They have some of the top trainers and nutritionists in the entire country. He will gain weight and add muscle very, very quickly. As for your shooting comment I personally believe Isaiah have one of the best mid-range jump shots in the state. Yes, he struggles with the three ball but who doesn't!

Bryan
06-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Per Shay Wildeboor:

Noah Dahlman has seen an interesting development take place in his recruitment. The 6-foot-6, 175-pound small forward from Braham (MN) High School currently has double-digit schools involved in his recruitment and, more importantly, a handful of scholarship offers. However, it appears that Dahlman is considering playing football at Michigan State, which is where his brother currently attends school.

"Furman, North Dakota State, South Dakota State and Fairfield have offered scholarships," said Dahlman. "Bucknell, Richmond and Northern Iowa are the new schools recruiting me. Iowa State, UNLV, Wisconsin, Northern Illinois and Wisconsin-Green Bay are also interested.

"I have had good conversations with all of the new schools recruiting me," he added. "Most of the schools just want to watch me play again in July before they offer me. The month of July will be very busy for me. I am going to the Peach Jam and the Super Showcase. Nike Camp is still a possibility, but I don't know for sure yet. I am also going to attend a couple of events in Kansas City."

Isaiah Dahlman, the No. 112 ranked player in the class of 2006, is Noah's older brother and is preparing for his first year at Michigan State. It was always believed that the two would take separate paths in college. However, it appears that those plans might be changing.

While nothing has officially been decided upon just yet, Dahlman is considering playing football for the Spartans.

"I recently took an unofficial visit to Michigan State," said Dahlman. "I am thinking about playing football for the Spartans. They have not offered yet and I don't know if they will. I would love to play basketball with my brother, so that is still a possibility.

"If I were to receive a football scholarship to attend Michigan State, I would walk-on to the basketball team," he added. "A decision about that has not been made yet, so I really don't know what is going to happen."

TaTonka_31
06-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Sounds like a very talented athlete but is that height and weight correct? 6'6" and 175 lbs sure seems light for a football guy. Even for basketball, there will need to be some serious weight work.

BisonMav
06-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a very talented athlete but is that height and weight correct? *6'6" and 175 lbs sure seems light for a football guy. *Even for basketball, there will need to be some serious weight work.

175 is old news. Insiders has him listed at 215, and I am sure he will bulk up for his Sr. football season.

mikelsch
06-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Sounds like football is Noah's preferred sport. If Michigan State offers a scholarship - game over.

Hopefully Coach Miles can work his magic to get both Noah Dahlman and Brian Qvale. That would be HUGE news for the Bison program.

sambini
06-14-2006, 04:34 AM
WHAT POSITION DOES HE PLAY IN FOOTBALL?

DORMIE
06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Talked to Saul Phillips yesterday at the Make a Wish golf tournament. Said that Noah was on campus yesterday. Also Woodside is at Mayo today far an evaluation on his hand. Quale was down for team camp and they hope he can make a decision after he makes some scheduled visits.

mikelsch
06-14-2006, 04:12 PM
WHAT POSITION DOES HE PLAY IN FOOTBALL?

TE

sambini
06-15-2006, 01:25 AM
I heard today its going to be basketball for NOAH.

BisonMav
06-15-2006, 01:34 AM

Next thing I want to hear is "it's going to be basketball at NDSU for Noah". :)

BisonMav
06-15-2006, 11:08 AM

Didn't happen :-/

Charlie Walters in today's Pioneer Press is still saying Noah may play football and basketball for Michigan St.

lakesbison
06-15-2006, 01:31 PM
"Talked to Saul Phillips yesterday at the Make a Wish golf tournament. Said that Noah was on campus yesterday. Also Woodside is at Mayo today far an evaluation on his hand. Quale was down for team camp and they hope he can make a decision after he makes some scheduled visits."

OH YEAH>... NDSU GETS RESPECT....

Noah was around campus, watched a little girls bball camp... shot a few baskets and got the grand tour of BSA, FARGODOME, REDHAWKS STADIUM....

When Noah is leaning towards Michigan State, NDSU should be proud that he came to campus and practially has shunned away Minnesota, Northern Iowa, etc....

even if we dont land him... NDSU gets the respect it deserves..

mikelsch
06-15-2006, 03:14 PM

Didn't happen *:-/

Charlie Walters in today's Pioneer Press is still saying Noah may play football and basketball for Michigan St.

The article alludes to Noah's preference to be at the same school as Isaiah - couldn't fault him for that. He and Brian Qvale would be great additions to the Bison.

lakesbison
08-24-2006, 10:03 PM
ha ha... gotta keep this thread rolling on.

sambini
08-25-2006, 12:10 AM
So whats the word on Noah?

Buff01
08-25-2006, 12:40 AM
When Noah is leaning towards Michigan State, NDSU should be proud that he came to campus and practially has shunned away Minnesota, Northern Iowa, etc....

Noah Dahlman is not being recruited by Minnesota or any other major D1 schools for basketball.

lakesbison
08-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Mich State for Football or Basketball... or NDSU for both!!!!

thats what I hear...

Bohl and Miles need a JOINT meeting with Noah!!!

jzillmer
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
I was told at work today that KFAN announced he commited to Michigan St. Any truth to that?

tcbison
08-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I was told at work today that KFAN announced he commited to Michigan St. Any truth to that?

I haven't heard anything but I hope NDSU keeps in touch with the Dahlman's. You never know if it doesn't work out at Michigan State they could look to transfer to NDSU. Kinda like the girls that have transfered from Colorado State this year.

lakesbison
08-30-2006, 01:52 AM
No truth to that!!

jzillmer
08-31-2006, 03:46 AM
No truth to that!!

That's good news! Thanks

bisonhusker
08-31-2006, 04:13 PM
My "inside" sources are telling me that he has really fallen off as far as the football recruiting goes and will be looking at strictly basketball. We still have a very good chance at Noah.

IowaBison
08-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Especially after 9 am this morning.

mn-bison
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Definately won't hurt our recruiting cause...

bisonhusker
09-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Coach Miles was with Noah's family last night at their house and at Eric Carlson's house. 6'6 kid who plays the 3/4 from Shakopee. Hopefully we hear some really good news very soon. Hope to keep you posted. Eric won a state champ as a sophomore and will be a final 5 candidate for Mr. Basketball. Scored like 25PPG last years.

lakesbison
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Noah will be at NDSU!!! Im more convinced everyday!!

Noah has been on campus up here 3 different times with JOSH V, as well as the Campus Visit..

Im assuming he might wait to make decision and see how his season goes, but Im crossing my fingers that November comes and their football team does well and he says "oh hell, Im picking NDSU so I can focus on my senior BBall year and have fun"

*crossing fingers*

tcbison
09-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Noah's timeline

Talked with Braham head coach Bob Vaughan this morning and he indictated NDSU is "one of the schools in the mix" for forward Noah Dahlman. The coach thinks Dahlman will make his decision within the next month.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

DORMIE
09-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Talked to a coach last night at Teammaker's After Hours. Guess Noah is visiting this weekend. Said he's a pretty religious kid whose journey could take a different path. They feel pretty good about him and should know within a month. Also looking at a kid from Andover.

The_Plow
09-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a very talented athlete but is that height and weight correct? *6'6" and 175 lbs sure seems light for a football guy. *Even for basketball, there will need to be some serious weight work.

Noah is 6-6 225 he's an amazing athlete that could compete in football or basketball at the college level chances are he will attend NDSU for basketball

lakesbison
09-19-2006, 02:10 AM
LET HIM PLAY BOTH!!

Noah was at the Football game and really loves football.

I say, get Bohl and Miles... half and half scholarship and get him verballed.

One of the perks/advantages of NDSU should be the opportunity for a Kid like Noah to play 2 sports!!!

BraxtonT
09-19-2006, 02:17 AM
LET HIM PLAY BOTH!!

Noah was at the Football game and really loves football.

I say, get Bohl and Miles... half and half scholarship and get him verballed.

One of the perks/advantages of NDSU should be the opportunity for a Kid like Noah to play 2 sports!!!

Can't do this for basketball. It would be nice, but it's not allowed.

Gamehunter
09-19-2006, 04:05 AM
What if NDSU made a run into the playoffs for football? Noah would most likely be unable (physically) to juggle two sports at once. Not to mention just the thought of going through spring football, intense summer training, fall camp, football season, PLAYOFFS!!, and then hit the hoops and expect to play at the same intensity as the other players.

For that reason I'm simply amazed Maresh can physically handle Wrestling which would be even more demanding than bball.

BTW, just for kicks and giggles, what position does Noah excell at in football? DE? TE?

Bison13
09-19-2006, 04:43 AM
Rumor is that Noahs coach is wondering why we are still after Noah since we have a commitment from Carlson. Not sure about the specifics but am going off what I am told. I am also wondering if that scholarship would be more wisely used for a center??

mikelsch
09-19-2006, 03:28 PM
The Bison need a tall athletic guy (forward or center) who can run the floor, rebound, play defense against the post, and have some offensive skills. I'm not asking for too much am I? :)

Basically we need someone with Andre Smith's skillset

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Rumor is that Noahs coach is wondering why we are still after Noah since we have a commitment from Carlson. Not sure about the specifics but am going off what I am told. I am also wondering if that scholarship would be more wisely used for a center??

I was wondering that too.

IMHO, the signing of Carlson might turn off Dahlman at NDSU.

I don't know anything, it's just my humble opinion on the situation. Dahlman might not care in the least and still want to come, but I would think that Carlson will have affected his decision when it comes down to playing time.

lakesbison
10-06-2006, 02:04 AM
FOX NEWS AT 9... sports... has the SCOOP on NOAH DAHLMAN TONITE!!

9:20........ hint: its a small divison 1 school!!!!!!

lakesbison
10-06-2006, 02:16 AM
make that LATE news.. after baseball

Bisonguy
10-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Wofford over NDSU and Wright State.

RedRiver
10-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Too bad. I believe that Miles & Co. will concentrate now on a big man, say a #5!!

Rabbitlivinginverm
10-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Cadsev over on the SDSU board said Sam Williard out of Pierre in no longer considering SDSU. *Cadsev says Williard is a true 5 but could play the 4 and is by far the best senior in SD. *He further reported the following schools were on the table for Williard:

Santa Clara
Pacific
Princeton
Northern Colorado
SDSU

Since you already got Tviedt and you need a big man, maybe NDSU will be on his radar??

FYI: Cadsev is probably knows more about SD H.S. Bball than anyone else in the state.

Snoop-a-Loop
10-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Word is that Noah Dalhman was scared of the competition within NDSU basketball team and how big NDSU's campus was???? That is the first time I have ever heard NDSU was too big??? And if he is scared of getting playing time.....maybe he is better off at Wofford. Everything happens for a reason.....Miles will get a top notch player with our other available scholarship. I will take an athletic 4 position over a big nonathletic 5 postion anyday. Good luck to Noah Dahlmen at Wofford??

BisonMav
10-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Word is that Noah Dalhman was scared of the competition within NDSU basketball team and how big NDSU's campus was???? *That is the first time I have ever heard NDSU was too big??? *And if he is scared of getting playing time.....maybe he is better off at Wofford. *Everything happens for a reason.....Miles will get a top notch player with our other available scholarship. *I will take an athletic 4 position over a big nonathletic 5 postion anyday. *Good luck to Noah Dahlmen at Wofford??

I'll second the good luck to Noah. 8-)

sambini
10-08-2006, 04:32 AM
+++++++++++++

TaTonka_31
10-08-2006, 04:41 AM
I'm sure when he considered all the players already in the program at the 3 and 4 spots, he most likely felt it may be quite a while to get potential quality PT. With the exception of Smith, you have Winkleman, Lunde, Riley, Sussenguth, Tveidt, Carlson and maybe sometimes Vaughan all with at least three years eligibility left at those spots. That's a lot of quality players to get over.

Noah sounds like a quality athlete and I wish him well and hope he has found a team that will have a spot for him.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
10-09-2006, 03:22 PM
We will welcome both Noah and his "Big Ten" brother back in a year or two..........

sambini
10-10-2006, 04:07 AM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM++++++++++++++

Coach_W
10-11-2006, 02:12 PM
We will welcome both Noah and his "Big Ten" brother back in a year or two..........

His big brother will be fine in the Big 10. Don't hold your breath waiting for his return.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
10-11-2006, 03:31 PM

His big brother will be fine in the Big 10. *Don't hold your breath waiting for his return.

As long as he has 4 thugs playing with him to do his dirty work. I won't hold my breath waiting for his return but I certainly won't hold my breath waiting for him to start

Coach_W
10-20-2006, 02:45 AM
I'm pretty sure MSU can find 4 thugs. Izzo loves those guys. Isiah is awfully talented and Coach Izzo is rarely wrong on recruits. He'll play and someday start for the Spartans

sambini
10-20-2006, 06:09 AM
HMMM++++++++++