PDA

View Full Version : Good article about NDSU from the Star Trib....

NDSUstudent
11-13-2006, 05:18 AM
The changes in the past year have been both numerous and significant.
When North Dakota State arrived at Williams Arena for the opener of the 2005-06 men's basketball season, the Bison looked very much like a fledgling Division I program.

Sure, Tim Miles and his staff had recruited a nice group of young players, but NDSU was still the youngest team in D-I, just beginning its first season of playing a majority of its games against top-level competition and still very much on the hunt for a conference.

As the Gophers prepare for tonight's season opener against NDSU, the Bison program appears to be headed very much in the right direction.

On the court, there was a marquee victory at Wisconsin -- a place where Minnesota hasn't won since 1994 -- and a surprising 16-victory season. In addition, North Dakota State will join the Mid-Continent Conference beginning next season, and Miles turned down a chance to go to North Carolina-Wilmington in order to stay in Fargo.

Combine all that, and NDSU has much more legitimacy than it did a year ago. Throw in the fact that the Gophers lost to Division II Winona State in their final exhibition game, and the idea of a Bison victory tonight isn't completely farfetched.

"They're good," Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan said of NDSU. "And look at the schedule they play; they're used to being on the road. They're pretty good. I like what Miles is doing."......

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/806319.html

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2006, 01:14 PM
That is a good article. I have ESPN Full Court here at home and will be watching the Bison tonight at 6pm Mountain.

mebison
11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
The Wisconsin coach BETTER say we're good!! ;D

broke_back_mnt
11-13-2006, 03:45 PM
WCCO morning drive team said they wouldnt be surprised if the BISON won tonight. I wonder how many BISON fans will be there?

BigBison
11-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Its too bad this game wasnt on the weekend so we could pack the barn like we did with the metrodome. but ill be watching it. But yes i wonder how many people will be there, Sid Hartman yesterday said something like only 150 bison tickets have been sold, but he really didnt know. There was alot of Winona fans there, for that game...and they won.

MRBISON
11-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Anyone know why there is no line on the game?