PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 - Texas Tech - Fri Nov 17

roadwarrior
11-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Bobby Knight!

scottheck
11-09-2006, 12:19 AM
I believe I saw an article that he only needs 12 wins to pass Dean Smith. Hope we're not one of them. :D

SDbison
11-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Anybody know if this game is on TV? If not, will All Access cover it?

WYOBISONMAN
11-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Get ESPN Full Court......it is on there.

roadwarrior
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Would a bar be able to pick up a game on ESPN full court?

roadwarrior
11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Texas Tech also offers online pay per view for $5.95 a month.

TheDoctor
11-12-2006, 09:50 PM
They could get full court for one game on the computer and feed it into the big screen. Chubs apparently did that yesterday with the football game.

roadwarrior
11-12-2006, 09:52 PM
If any place in Fargo could do that this friday night, I guarantee they would have some business!

TheDoctor
11-12-2006, 10:20 PM
If any place in Fargo could do that this friday night, I guarantee they would have some business!

Try calling Chubs and ask them. The obviously bought Bison All Access with a credit card or something and are obviously feeding the games through the big screen. So, they should be able to do it wioth espn as well. And, I know there is a one day pass for computer only.

DenverBison05
11-12-2006, 11:31 PM

Try calling Chubs and ask them. *The obviously bought Bison All Access with a credit card or something and are obviously feeding the games through the big screen. *So, they should be able to do it wioth espn as well. *And, I know there is a one day pass for computer only.

Where can you order Full Court at online, on ESPN's website you can order game plan online but not Full ourt, or am i just looking at the wrong area?

sambini
11-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Call Teddy at CHUBS proud sponsors of NDSU TEAMMAKERS+++

mebison
11-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Just out of curiousity, is it actually legal for a bar to buy a game like that and broadcast it to a bunch of people? I know businesses have to pay artist liscense fees to broadcast radio throughout their store, so it seems like this would be a similar deal?

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Would a bar be able to pick up a game on ESPN full court?

Sure......I know that at Bomber's in Rock Springs the owner had Direct TV and he subscribes to all those sports packages so we get everything. I would just call the bar and check in advance what they subscribe to.......

mikelsch
11-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Just out of curiousity, is it actually legal for a bar to buy a game like that and broadcast it to a bunch of people? *I know businesses have to pay artist liscense fees to broadcast radio throughout their store, so it seems like this would be a similar deal?

It is illegal...the majority of webcasts are intended for private use only -- not commerical, unless you get permission and pay a higher fee.

mebison
11-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Just out of curiousity, is it actually legal for a bar to buy a game like that and broadcast it to a bunch of people? *I know businesses have to pay artist liscense fees to broadcast radio throughout their store, so it seems like this would be a similar deal?

It is illegal...the majority of webcasts are intended for private use only -- not commerical, unless you get permission and pay a higher fee.

That's what I would have thought, thanks for the response!

imabison
11-15-2006, 04:00 PM

Personally I think a Fargo bar could be safe doing it for an away game and the game is picked up from the other school site. If it was being webcast on the NDSU site you might have an issue. Especially if the Team Makers had arranged to do something for that particular game with the Side Street. If not event locally is planned I would think even the powers that be would welcome the local broadcast.

mikelsch
11-15-2006, 06:58 PM
It doesn't matter which website it comes from, or who sets it up...if you don't get permission for commerical use, it is illegal to run a webcast through a computer and broadcast to an entire bar. But just like anything else, you would still have to get caught in the act for it to be illegal.

Ivy
11-15-2006, 09:18 PM

Personally I think a Fargo bar could be safe doing it for an away game and the game is picked up from the other school site. *If it was being webcast on the NDSU site you might have an issue. * Especially if the Team Makers had arranged to do something for that particular game with the Side Street. *If not event locally is planned I would think even the powers that be would welcome the local broadcast.

What they did at the Sidestreet for the Ball State game was not legal. *The webcasts are set up for individual use only, not to be broadcast the way that was. *I'm sure the owner bought an individual subscription and profitted from bar/food sales during the game. *Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but pretty sure that guy didn't get special permission to broadcast especially since it was set up kinda last minute.

roadwarrior
11-15-2006, 10:08 PM
What they did at the Sidestreet for the Ball State game was not legal. *The webcasts are set up for individual use only, not to be broadcast the way that was. *I'm sure the owner bought an individual subscription and profitted from bar/food sales during the game. *Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but pretty sure that guy didn't get special permission to broadcast especially since it was set up kinda last minute.

A lot of speculation on your part.

Ivy
11-15-2006, 10:28 PM

A lot of speculation on your part.

This whole board is a lot of speculation. * ;)

I said correct me if I'm wrong. *Maybe I should have said, if the owner did not get special premission for commercial use, it was illegal. *But hey, as greenie said, not illegal until you are caught!

IowaBison
11-16-2006, 02:38 PM
either way it was a great service to Bison fans in the area.