PDA

View Full Version : Forum coverage

roadwarrior
12-03-2006, 05:26 PM
OK, we just played the HIGHEST RANKED team that NDSU has ever played in the history of the school and Jeff Kolpack was NOT at the game?????

The previous saturday just before the UW-Green Bay game, I had the parents of one of the Bison players ask me why the Forum had NOTHING in the paper about the game that was being played that day. (I had no answer for them)

They do a "game day" matchup for the football games. Would it be asking too much to do a least something on basketball home game days with some information about the teams?

kchats
12-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Email Jeff Kolpack and ask him. He is usually pretty upfront with his responses.

BisonVifte
12-03-2006, 05:42 PM
his flight was cancelled out of Minneapolis on Friday. Guess he didn't want to wait to get the next available flight.

kchats
12-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I believe I have heard that there are some problems in the Forum sports department that are bigger than the reporters.

cabis
12-03-2006, 06:02 PM
his flight was cancelled out of Minneapolis on Friday. Guess he didn't want to wait to get the next available flight.
roadwarrior got there and its not his job.. :-?

BisonVifte
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I agree he could have gotten there.

heymch86
12-03-2006, 06:27 PM
yeah, with this D-1 move, NDSU's media main media outlet stayed back in D-2. If people send the Forum emails, it will improve.

kchats
12-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I ripped them pretty good when they didn't cover the NDSU volleyball team's first home match. That was very embarrassing, no story for a home game the first for the squad. That is when I heard of the problems at the sports desk.

SDbison
12-03-2006, 08:47 PM
That it, enough time spent posting here. I have to get some e-mails and comments off to The Forum and Jeff. Also need to give WDAY crap about not updating the Bison Zone. I have sent them several e-mails just to keep the pictures up to date and correctly identified for the football games.

jackrabbitdw
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Here is some info from Terry's blog on the Argus that might explain the poor Forum coverage.

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/

It could be worse. Because of a massive Midwestern snow storm, my former colleague Jeff Kolpack was unable to get to Milwaukee to watch NDSU stun Marquette in men[ch8217]s hoops last night. Forum columnist Mike McFeely, sick at home with the flu, filed a column, anyway because of the enormity of the win. In the biz, we call that taking one for the team.

And congrats on a great win for your program!

SDbison
12-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Here is some info from Terry's blog on the Argus that might explain the poor Forum coverage.

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/

It could be worse. Because of a massive Midwestern snow storm, my former colleague Jeff Kolpack was unable to get to Milwaukee to watch NDSU stun Marquette in men’s hoops last night. Forum columnist Mike McFeely, sick at home with the flu, filed a column, anyway because of the enormity of the win. In the biz, we call that taking one for the team.

And congrats on a great win for your program!
Jeff could have rented a car out of Minneapolis or rode with Road to help save the Forum some travel cost. *That is, assuming it would have been OK with the one and only Roadwarrior!
Also, thanks jackrabbitdw for the kind words.

IowaBison
12-03-2006, 11:18 PM
From V-Chip's blog:

"Forum columnist Mike McFeely, sick at home with the flu, filed a column, anyway because of the enormity of the win. In the biz, we call that taking one for the team."

That explains McFeely's best column in four years.............

Bison_Engineer
12-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Well for us up north Bison fans the Herald had ZILCH on the win over Marquette, nothing, nadda, 0. Now that really stinks.

westriverbison
12-04-2006, 01:27 AM
The Bismarck Tribune had the AP story. Page 3 of the sports, but still more column inches than the DII football game. :)

TheDoctor
12-04-2006, 03:48 AM
The Bismarck Tribune had the AP story. *Page 3 of the sports, but still more column inches than the DII football game. :)

What DII football game??? ;D ;D I thought the Univerity of Mary was still on transitionary probation like us? ;D

Ivy
12-04-2006, 04:26 AM
I think Forum Communications did a great job of covering the game. *Radio, TV person there with special reports and the Forum ran a story and had pictures from the game. *Who cares who wrote the story in the paper. *The game was over late, so I'm not surprised it didn't get in the non-metro version....that happens a lot with late sporting events.

CaBisonFan
12-04-2006, 05:28 AM
OK, we just played the HIGHEST RANKED team that NDSU has ever played in the history of the school and Jeff Kolpack was NOT at the game?????

The previous saturday just before the UW-Green Bay game, I had the parents of one of the Bison players ask me why the Forum had NOTHING in the paper about the game that was being played that day. *(I had no answer for them)

They do a "game day" matchup for the football games. *Would it be asking too much to do a least something on basketball home game days with some information about the teams?

This is just more garbage coverage from the Forum. *They act like a branch of the campus up north. *Even though I live in SoCal, I'm going to email WDAY & the Forum. *It sounds, to me, like they need to hire one or two more sports writers.....I take that back....they need to hire 2 sports writers.

Hell....the Press Enterprise out of Riverside, CA did a small story! *They understood how big this win was.

RedRiver
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Email contacts for the Forum.
Editor: mvonpinnon@forumcomm.com
Sports Editor: jmiller@forumcomm.com