PDA

View Full Version : Marquette Game

Bisonsister
12-02-2006, 04:31 AM
Any Media options besides Bison Zone for this huge game?

scottheck
12-02-2006, 04:50 AM
Someone do a decent play by play, I won't be able to listen in: holiday dinner party. [smiley=beer.gif]

TheDoctor
12-02-2006, 06:03 AM
Sure will try too! :)

sambini
12-02-2006, 11:59 AM
LETS GO BISON +++

sambini
12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Kuby30 are you going to the game? GOOD LUCK BISON++++

Mr._Bill
12-02-2006, 12:51 PM
I have 1/2 a notion to hit the road for milwaukee this morning. 350 miles from MN and snow makes me think twice.

gwendel
12-02-2006, 12:51 PM
I know it's a long shot to beat the #8-9 team in the land, but Idaho State took Marquette to overtime before losing 59-56 on Nov. 13. of course, the Bengals also lost to Texas A&M by 30 points and narrowly averted a loss to Carroll College 75-74 on Nov. 29.

I see the Princeton website is making mention of NDSU nearly beating Texas Tech to save face for losing to North Dakota Who? (mention was made in the pre-tournament article as well as the recap below)

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10600&ATCLID=701560

Marquette beat Texas Tech 87-72 on Nov. 20:

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112106aaa.html

It's interesting that Bobby Knight used a familiar line:

"I think our main problem tonight was that we ran into a better team than us," Knight said.

roadwarrior
12-02-2006, 02:13 PM
I might have to get in the car and head east on 94......

Go_Herd
12-02-2006, 02:23 PM
If I have learned anything from the whole DI think is that anything can happen any day of the week. Hopefully Marquette will shoot 24% and we can bring them down like Wisconsin.

Give em hell boys-anything is possible.

99Bison
12-02-2006, 02:46 PM
If I have learned anything from the whole DI think is that anything can happen any day of the week. Hopefully Marquette will shoot 24% and we can bring them down like Wisconsin.

Give em hell boys-anything is possible.

Hopefully they shoot 48% and we bring them down like Wisconsin.

Bisonfan1
12-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Any Media options besides Bison Zone for this huge game?

HELP - I went to Bison zone and Thunerradio and dont see where there is any audio or video broadcast ? Am I missing something? WDAY 970 maybe ? Anyone -----

lakesbison
12-02-2006, 03:31 PM
http://gomarquette.cstv.com/ * listen there??

p.s *Im on my 2nd beer!! *GO JOHNNIES!! GO BISON!!! *

p.s.s *I hate Wisconsin, but talking to a lot of badger fans, they are cheering LOUD for NDSU. Ill tell you that!!!

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/multimedia/marq-multimedia.html <<< video?

Bisonfan1
12-02-2006, 03:41 PM

p.s.s *I hate Wisconsin, but talking to a lot of badger fans, they are cheering LOUD for NDSU. Ill tell you that!!!

Thank you Lakes, looks like all you have to do is register and can listen to game. My first beer comes 1 hour from now, when I will be rooting for the Grand Valley State Lakers on TV. Then Appy State at 3:00 PM, and then the Bison tonight !! Should be a fun Saturday !!! *[smiley=beer.gif] *[smiley=beer.gif] *[smiley=beer.gif]

lakesbison
12-02-2006, 04:07 PM
OK.. someone do a GREAT PLAY BY PLAY ON A MARQUETTE GAME THREAD!!!

I cant post from the game, but Ill be watching!!!

remember... SCORE AND TIME LEFT!!! EVERY POST!!!!

TIME for 2 area schools to beat wisconsin schools, ndsu and st johns!!!!

MUZiggy
12-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey guys

MU Fan here, one of your guys linked this site on the marquette.scout.com site.

you can listen to the game on onmilwaukee.com without having to register on the gomarquette.com site. You do need IE though. >:(

As for the weather, the snow is gone and the roads are clear. I live in Madison and we only go 2-3 inches and the roads going into Milw. are fine. So come on down.

Good luck tonight, it should be a fun game.

NDSUFREAK10
12-02-2006, 04:40 PM
OK.. * * someone do a GREAT PLAY BY PLAY ON A MARQUETTE GAME THREAD!!!

I cant post from the game, but Ill be watching!!!

remember... SCORE AND TIME LEFT!!! EVERY POST!!!!

TIME for 2 area schools to beat wisconsin schools, ndsu and st johns!!!!

I'll try to show up like I did against Furman. And I am sure many other people will too.

GO BISON!!!!!

NDSUFREAK10
12-02-2006, 04:42 PM

Thank you Lakes, looks like all you have to do is register and can listen to game. My first beer comes 1 hour from now, when I will be rooting for the Grand Valley State Lakers on TV. Then Appy State at 3:00 PM, and then the Bison tonight !! Should be a fun Saturday !!! *[smiley=beer.gif] *[smiley=beer.gif] *[smiley=beer.gif]

GO LAKERS

lakesbison
12-02-2006, 04:45 PM
thanks buddy!!

good luck to you!!!

NDSU will be a big time force in mid majors... so we love big time basketball!!

bring your team up to the FARGODOME!

18000 for that game!!!

Snoop-a-Loop
12-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I am JACKED. *I can not wait to see how we stack up against Marquette. *Granted we are a major underdog. *Dominic James is one of the best players in the country. *I have no idea who is going to guard him. *Nonetheless, playing a team like this can only make us better in the long run.

NDSUFREAK10
12-02-2006, 09:33 PM
All the experience that we can soak in.

NDSUFREAK10
12-02-2006, 09:34 PM
3 hours 26 mins to go.

Hilltopper
12-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey, guys, Marquette fan here. Just a couple comments .. the only media option is radio, as OOC home games are rarely televised @Marquette.

You can listen to the radio stream at http://www.espnmilwaukee.com.

Also, feel free to join us on our forum, at http://www.muscoop.com, but more specifically, we host a chat during the game and welcome all. Click on "GameDay Chat" on the left side and come talk some smack during the game!

NDSUFREAK10
12-02-2006, 09:38 PM
great to have you on here. we'll be having a game thread going on here so we can go back and forth.

TheDoctor
12-02-2006, 10:10 PM
great to have you on here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++ :)

Jdubs21
12-02-2006, 11:35 PM
will the game be televised on gobison.com or is it just the radio cast?

TheDoctor
12-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Unfotunately we only heard it on then radio!!!!!!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'( :'(

roadwarrior
12-03-2006, 09:48 AM
The best 700 mile round trip in a day I ever did!

Bisonguy
12-03-2006, 01:19 PM

How large was the Bison following?

SDbison
12-03-2006, 02:01 PM

How large was the Bison following?

I think Road may have fell asleep at his computer.

TheDoctor
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM

I wish I could have kept you company! You deserved the win as much as the kids with a drive like that!!!!!

kchats
12-03-2006, 10:20 PM
My cousin is a Marquette graduate and was at the game.

I was actually at the game last night. I went Friday also and I have to tell you I saw two different teams. Marquette played great Friday and could not pull it together at all. There field goal percentage had to be in the 20’s. NDSU did look really good. They played aggressive, made most of their shots and out-rebounded us. It was a good game a they tried until the end. I would rather have a wake-up call like that during a tournament rather than regular season. Good win for North Dakota State.

Pretty good assessment from a fan of Marquette.

BisonCardinal
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Good job, Bison men. IMHO, I think the Wisconsin win was bigger, only from the standpoint, that with this team, "upsets" like Marquette are going to become commonplace. :)

Ivy
12-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Good job, Bison men. *IMHO, I think the Wisconsin win was bigger, only from the standpoint, that with this team, "upsets" like Marquette are going to become commonplace. :)

Nobody knew us when we beat Wisconsin, so that was definately more shocking. *Marquette knew we had the potential to knock off a ranked team; They couldn't say, "We never heard of North Dakota State." *So IMO they can't say they overlooked us. We just flat out beat them.

I think the timing of the wins is also important....everyone is still in football mode in the college sports world now, and BB season was in full swing when we got the Badgers so we were the talk of ESPN.

westsidebison
12-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Good job, Bison men. IMHO, I think the Wisconsin win was bigger, only from the standpoint, that with this team, "upsets" like Marquette are going to become commonplace. :)

Nobody knew us when we beat Wisconsin, so that was definately more shocking. Marquette knew we had the potential to knock off a ranked team; They couldn't say, "We never heard of North Dakota State." So IMO they can't say they overlooked us. We just flat out beat them.

I think the timing of the wins is also important....everyone is still in football mode in the college sports world now, and BB season was in full swing when we got the Badgers so we were the talk of ESPN.

I agree completely. This is a bigger win when you compare the two, but I'm fine with this one being "lower key". We came out flat against Idaho(the game after Wisconsin) last year, and I think all the buzz had something to do with that. We need our focus to be on K-State.

TheDoctor
12-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Good job, Bison men. *IMHO, I think the Wisconsin win was bigger, only from the standpoint, that with this team, "upsets" like Marquette are going to become commonplace. :)

The Wisconsin game was big in that it was the first REAL win in the history of Bison MENS Basketball, and it happend to come in 2005 when we were transitioning to D1. It's going to take us a while to convince a city that a basketball team that had never won a thing in D2 is an up and coming D1 program. I do have to say though, that this win on Saturday was bigger in that Marquette was undefeated, had beat Duke handily to win a major preseason tourney and was ranked #8. Last year, Wisconsin was over rated to start the season and had lost for the second time already during the week before we played them. So, had the poles been updated before we played Wisconsin they would NOT have even been rated #13.

ORU_NYCGE
12-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Way to go guys the Marquette game was a QUALITY WIN!!

We are excited to have teams like your's in the Mid-Con.

WYOBISONMAN
12-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Way to go GUYS that was a QUALITY WINN.

Thanks! It is great to hear from an ORU fan! We are looking forward to our membership in the MidCon!

scottheck
12-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Way to go guys the Marquette game was a QUALITY WIN!!

We are excited to have teams like your's in the Mid-Con.

Welcome to Bisonville! :)
We are looking forward to the Mid Con.