PDA

View Full Version : Coach Miles on PA and Dubay this morning

SUSDog
12-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Coach Miles was on PA and Dubay this morning and did a great job. The guy has so much personality, no wonder why he's been such a great recruiter! PA and Dubay were giving him lots of love. At the end of the interview they asked him if a coach at a place like I don't know, NDSU, could make the jump straight to a Big Ten school like...say...Minnesota without first going to a Southern Illinois or Witchita State. Miles said he thought a good coach was a good coach regardless of Division or classifacation. Coach also went on to talk about Bobby Knight going into the NDSU locker room after the Tech game and saying he would've been cheering for the Bison if he wasn't coaching Tech. Knight went on to say the Bison are a tough ass team, whom he will follow the rest of the year. Miles told PA that Knight said he had only going into a visitor's locker room after the game like 5 times in his career. (Pretty impressive for a career that totals over 800 wins)!

See you at the BSA this weekend! Let's pack the litter box!

heymch86
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
i missed the interview, does anyone know where and if I can get the audio from the interview online somewhere?

TheDoctor
12-05-2006, 05:32 PM
If you harass the guys at the Fan, they usually put it up on the web to download. They did last time he was on.

lakesbison
12-05-2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=KFAN_PADubay.xml

there u go.

heymch86
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
hey thanks lakesbison and B1SON, I shot them an email and hopefully they put it up!

lakesbison
12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
ITS UP NOW. 1pm

TheDoctor
12-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Listening to it! He is definitely the man! ;)

tcbison
12-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Miles wants to move the Minnesota game next year to Hudson, WI! That is funny. Here is the link:

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=KFAN_PADubay.xml

heymch86
12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
He is so personable. The way he handled that interview, just awesome! When coach Miles leaves NDSU (lets hope it wont be for another 40 years) it will be a sad day in my life, B1SON said it best, he is the man!

IABZN
12-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Almost 14 minutes long, and agreat guy to listen to, awesome with those two in playing everything off as tongue and cheek!

SDbison
12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Wow.......after listening to the Miles interview I now don't worry about whether or not Miles will leave, but instead when will it happen. *Would be a good poll question for Bisonville. *How many more years will Miles stay: *Til the end of this season? Through next year? *Only through 2008, especially if NDSU makes the final 64? *After 2 or 3 appearances in the NCAA tourney?

roadwarrior
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Of course he will probably leave sometime. Why do we have to talk and talk and worry about it? We have lost coaches before and we always replace them and go on. The nice thing about all of this publicity, is that when the basketball head job is open, whenever that is, there will be increased interest in the job all around the country. What is happening now is building a name for NDSU men's basketball nationally. We should all be proud and happy that this is happening so soon in our transition. Who would have thunk this four years ago?

Junior
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't see the point in speculating about it. When it happens it happens. Until then, get out to the games. :)

SDbison
12-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Of course he will probably leave sometime. *Why do we have to talk and talk and worry about it? *We have lost coaches before and we always replace them and go on. *The nice thing about all of this publicity, is that when the basketball head job is open, whenever that is, there will be increased interest in the job all around the country. *What is happening now is building a name for NDSU men's basketball nationally. *We should all be proud and happy that this is happening so soon in our transition. *Who would have thunk this four years ago?
Maybe I am just selfish, but because NDSU rarely did that well in Basketball it is nice to enjoy the success. Unlike football that can reload anytime due to its tradition and support, basketball could easily fall flat. Hopefully Tim can build basketball success and support to a high level before he leaves. Also, I do think people can talk about how long they think Miles might stick around. As fans we have the right to be concerned.

roadwarrior
12-05-2006, 08:47 PM
I definitely would like to see Tim hang around NDSU for a number of years. But in the end, he will do what is right for his career and for his family. It would be pretty hard for any of us to turn down a job offer when it contains the salary bump that some of the big time schools pay.

Tim even mentioned on the radio today that all of the talk can be distracting right now, especially to the team. So the less we dwell on it and focus our attention on the games to be played, the better.

TheDoctor
12-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Of course he will probably leave sometime. *Why do we have to talk and talk and worry about it? *We have lost coaches before and we always replace them and go on. *The nice thing about all of this publicity, is that when the basketball head job is open, whenever that is, there will be increased interest in the job all around the country. *What is happening now is building a name for NDSU men's basketball nationally. *We should all be proud and happy that this is happening so soon in our transition. *Who would have thunk this four years ago?

+++++++++++++++++ Well said!!!!! :D

roper
12-05-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't know if anyone else heard this, but I got a little chuckle. *From 11:15-12:00 on Tuesdays they have Chad Greenway, injured Vikings 1st rounder, on, and towards the end of the show they were talking about Michigan getting snubbed. *Greenway said that the best thing would for the Big Ten to have a chapionship game. *He actually said playoff is best, but I digress. *THey would need to have add another team and have two six team divisions, blah, blah, blah. *Anyway, of course the best fit is Notre Dame, but they would never leave. *A couple of seconds latter, Dubay say, "why don't we just wait 10 years and invite NDSU". * *;)

I know know the odds of this are about a million+ to one, but it still made me smile. ;D

Watch out, somone on SS.com will now post that NDSU fans think they are getting an invite to the Big Ten.

SDbison
12-05-2006, 09:16 PM
OK now you are going to make me say it........how much of the recent success is due to Tim Miles and how much is due to the capability and chemistry of this team? I personally like Tim and I think he will do some great things in the future, but there needs to be more success and maybe with the next group of players also to confirm things before he departs to significantly bigger programs.

No_Skill
12-05-2006, 10:22 PM
OK now you are going to make me say it........how much of the recent success is due to Tim Miles and how much is due to the capability and chemistry of this team? *I personally like Tim and I think he will do some great things in the future, but there needs to be more success and maybe with the next group of players also to confirm things before he departs to significantly bigger programs. *

He's blunt, but he's got a point.

TaTonka_31
12-05-2006, 10:49 PM
This point begs the question, is it the players talent or is it Miles and his coaching staff's player development? *

Obviously some of both, but there is no question that if you go back to the players Miles has had since he has been at NDSU like Green, TenBroek and Nemmers, he really developed these guys into real impact players. *

We will never know how Woodside, Nelson, Winkleman, Moorman and to some extent Smith would have done under other circumstance with other coaches. They would all be good players but there is no question they have all improved will continue to improve each season under Miles.

WePharm
12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Coach Miles is a great guy and has done a terrific job at NDSU. I think it is correct to not dwell on when and if he will leave. It will happen at some point. I do think this team has had some great moments but it will need further tempering in the furnace of D1 Basketball. This sophmore group is great but we need depth. We need someone(s) who can replace Smith when he is gone. If Coach Miles stays for several years and this team keeps getting better year after year, he will be a blue chip coach and NDSU basketball will be a plumb job. Gene Taylor will have applications coming out his ears! It will be a big plus for NDSU and Coach Miles.

Snoop-a-Loop
12-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Coach Miles has done wonders for NDSU basketball in putting us on the map. *He obviously does not turn down an interview. *From ESPN, to PA & DuBay, to the local media....he talks to everybody. *Every university he has been at and left....the following year they are competing in the national tournament or for a conference championship. *I am sure that Miles, like most coaches (if not all), aspires to be a high-major coach. *You *have to respect that Coach Miles started at the bottom and worked his way to where he is today. *He has moved his family from Aberdeen, SD, to Mayville, ND, to Marshall, MN, and now to Fargo, ND. *I guarantee that his salary prior to NDSU was not much more than 1/4 of what he makes now. * If he ever leaves NDSU, he would leave us an awesome program to build off of. *It wouldn't be to bad for Timmy either.....if was able to have an annual salary of $500,000-$1,000,000. *