PDA

View Full Version : It's Colorado State on tap for tonight!!

WYOBISONMAN
12-18-2006, 03:53 PM
From the Fort Collins newspaper............

CSU returns from layoff against North Dakota St.

By KELLY LYELL
KellyLyell@coloradoan.com

Moby Arena hosted graduation ceremonies this weekend, forcing the Colorado State University men's basketball team to work out Thursday in the intramural gymnasium, Friday at the South College Gym on the east side of campus and Saturday at Poudre High School.

There was no practice at all for two of the previous eight days and relatively light workouts on two other days as players focused on completing class projects and final exams.

Full story here.....
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061218/SPORTS/612180323/1006

lakesbison
12-18-2006, 04:00 PM
WOW... FARGO FORUM HAS A GREAT SPREAD ON TONIGHTS GAME!!

I mean... wow, well wait.. there's a great spread on the NDSU-San Jose St women's game at home at least...

oh.. well.. hmm.. no....

WHAT THE HELL!!!

701 241 5544 *call them MORONS!!!

ARGH I HATE FARGO!!!

coloradobison
12-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Gonna make the game Wyo?

NDSUguy
12-18-2006, 05:55 PM

I mean... wow, well wait.. there's a great spread on the NDSU-San Jose St women's game at home at least...

oh.. well.. hmm.. no....

WHAT THE HELL!!!

701 241 5544 call them MORONS!!!

ARGH I HATE FARGO!!!

Lakes, you really need to settle down. What exactly are you expecting from the Forum? Do you expect them to have a writer dedicated to each of the NDSU sports? How is the coverage of NDSU different from the coverage in the Star Tribune of the Gophers? Last time I checked, the Gophers didn't have a detailed, in-depth matchup analysis of every game that the Gophers play.......

You may think that playing CSU is a big deal and thus deserves better coverage prior to the game... The fact is that this is NOT a big game. Sure they are a d1 opponent (but so are most of the schools that we play).

The bottom line is that there is not enough time, resources or desire to write up a pre-game analysis of every basketball game that the Bison play. The Forum does a great job doing that for our football games but that is only 1 game each week and there are not 30+ games/year like there is in basketball.....

lakesbison
12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
*VIOLIN PLAYING*

give me a break, not even a MENTION in the paper today about 2 ndsu teams playing Col St and San Jose State.

You're kidding right?

Fort Collins has an article, Madison, Lincoln, Cedar Falls Ia, Ames... all smaller cities has an article EVERY GAME DAY and next day!

imabison
12-18-2006, 06:12 PM

oh.. well.. hmm.. no....

WHAT THE HELL!!!

701 241 5544 *call them MORONS!!!

ARGH I HATE FARGO!!!

Get your check book out, buy the Forum. Then you will be in control of what is printed, and when. Oh by the way don't forget that Kolpack is on vacation, guess you would change that not to allow vacations when NDSU athletics is in action.

insane_ponderer
12-18-2006, 08:40 PM
I am with Lakes on this one. I don't care how big the game is, it could be against valley city or it could be against duke, there still should be some sort of mention of it in the forum. They are the local newspaper and NDSU has a basketball game, as well as other athletics events that should at least get a mention.

I am not saying that a full page pre game summary needs to be dedicated to the mens game tonight, but holy shit its not even mentioned??

And so what, Kolpack is on vacation, good for him I hope he enjoys his vacation. How hard is it to write up a paragraph about the game tonight, hell if the forum would make sure to put it in the paper I would write them up for free.

Bisonfreak
12-18-2006, 09:33 PM
I am with Lakes on this one. *I don't care how big the game is, it could be against valley city or it could be against duke, there still should be some sort of mention of it in the forum. *They are the local newspaper and NDSU has a basketball game, as well as other athletics events that should at least get a mention.

I am not saying that a full page pre game summary needs to be dedicated to the mens game tonight, but holy shit its not even mentioned??

And so what, Kolpack is on vacation, good for him I hope he enjoys his vacation. *How hard is it to write up a paragraph about the game tonight, hell if the forum would make sure to put it in the paper I would write them up for free.

I agree with GC and Lakes - Should have some coverage!!!! *Marketing, Marketing, Marketing - fill those stands!! *You would think our sports information dept. would have been on that?

NDSUFREAK10
12-18-2006, 10:09 PM
I'll be the "board announcer" for tonights game who can't listen to it or go to it. just remember to refresh and make new threads if a thread gets to busy and slows down.