PDA

View Full Version : Amy Ruley and Tim Miles Basketball Show

imabison
12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Did anyone else catch the new addition of the NDSU Basketball Show with Amy Ruley, and Tim Miles last night?

Goofy me, can't remember the new hosts name for sure, but I think it was Russ Manson. He will need to adjust, mainly inexperience I think.

Look at the camera, not at Tim Miles during that portion :) :)

They will return to the air January 7th at 10:35 PM WDAY Channel 6.

Double_Dbag
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I missed it, but I think the host is Bart Manson, not Russ.

IowaBison
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
I missed it, but I think the host is Bart Manson, not Russ.

so did tim miles..... ;D ;D ;D

RedRiver
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
The show uses the same format as last year, no in-studio instead using the BSA and coaches offices for the interviews. Ross Manson, former Bison player and current radio announcer is the host.

lakesbison
12-18-2006, 03:34 PM
wow..

My Siskel and Ebert review = 2 thumbs down for Ross, my god, did someone kill your puppy last night? lighten up!!

Set design, (lack of one for miles) = 2 thumbs down

Bobby Knight saying NDSU kicked our ass = 2 thumbs WAY up.

Highlights of Marquette, Kstate = 2 thumbs up !

Ivy
12-18-2006, 04:15 PM
wow..

My Siskel and Ebert review = 2 thumbs down for Ross, my god, did someone kill your puppy last night? *lighten up!!

I say let Ross have a few more shows before you bash him. *Phil Hansen was terrible when he first started the football show, but he's good now. *Miles doesn't even need a host, he's good no matter who's asking the questions.

I agree the set and graphics were soooo bad. *They had blue and yellow as the colors. *Seriously are the Jacks or what?! *Ross and Amy's heads looked so odd in front of that computer graphic.

Hopefully they will have more features and whatnot as the show goes on. *This show was just kinda a recap of the season so far. *Fun to see some of the highlights again.

imabison
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
wow..

My Siskel and Ebert review = 2 thumbs down for Ross, my god, did someone kill your puppy last night? *lighten up!!

I say let Ross have a few more shows before you bash him. *Phil Hansen was terrible when he first started the football show, but he's good now. *Miles doesn't even need a host, he's good no matter who's asking the questions.

I agree the set and graphics were soooo bad. *They had blue and yellow as the colors. *Seriously are the Jacks or what?! *Ross and Amy's heads looked so odd in front of that computer graphic.

Hopefully they will have more features and whatnot as the show goes on. *This show was just kinda a recap of the season so far. *Fun to see some of the highlights again.

The colors behind Amy are the colors of the sponsor. Innovus. I would like to see a bit more green and gold, but you go where the money takes you.

Trimmy
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Is there a reason they don't use the set they use for the football show?

mikelsch
12-18-2006, 06:55 PM

The football set is what they should be using -- much more professional looking

Ross will get better (just like Phil did)

Better than last year's show that looked like it was produced by 10th graders

TheDoctor
12-18-2006, 07:48 PM

What? Phil got better?????? ;D ;D Actually he is alright now talking straight to Bohl, its when he is reading those damn cue cards that he sounds so terrible! ;D ;D ;D

Bisonguy
12-18-2006, 10:44 PM

The football set is what they should be using -- much more professional looking

Better than last year's show that looked like it was produced by 10th graders

I thought last night's show looked like it was produced by the same people that made some straight to Betamax sci-fi movie from 1984.

My god, that background was CHEESY!!!!!!

sambini
12-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Ross will get better. He works for EIDE BAILLY in Fargo. And Phil does a good job. They do need a new set though..

Double_Dbag
12-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Ross is actually a great basketball mind. He is working pro bono. We have threads that knock The Forum for their coverage of NDSU BB, but obviously NDSU needs to work on its own image. It should have a more professional look to be taken seriously. If they want a top notch show, they shouldn't expect to achieve that goal by using a CPA for a host that is working for free. Don't knock Ross for being passionate about Bison basketball and doing his best Ron Burgandy imatation.

bisonpride2k
12-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Ross is actually a great basketball mind. *He is working pro bono. *We have threads that knock The Forum for their coverage of NDSU BB, but obviously NDSU needs to work on its own image. *It should have a more professional look to be taken seriously. *If they want a top notch show, they shouldn't expect to achieve that goal by using a CPA for a host that is working for free. *Don't knock Ross for being passionate about Bison basketball and doing his best Ron Burgandy imatation.

Some people are cut out for play-by-play and some people are cut out for color comentary and others for news and interviews. I think Ross has done a great job with the color so far. But the show last night definately needs some work. I dont care if Innovus's colors are blue and gold. NDSU's colors are green and gold. Use their logo as much as you want on every graphic and background, I dont really care, but dont use colors that are not your schools. Let alone the one of your rival. Can you imagine the Ohio State coaches show using Maize and Blue in their background. Glad to FINALY see the coaches show as it should start already at least 2 weeks ago but it definately needs some work.

TheDoctor
12-19-2006, 06:21 AM
Ross is actually a great basketball mind. *He is working pro bono. *We have threads that knock The Forum for their coverage of NDSU BB, but obviously NDSU needs to work on its own image. *It should have a more professional look to be taken seriously. *If they want a top notch show, they shouldn't expect to achieve that goal by using a CPA for a host that is working for free. *Don't knock Ross for being passionate about Bison basketball and doing his best Ron Burgandy imatation.

Some people are cut out for play-by-play and some people are cut out for color comentary and others for news and interviews. I think Ross has done a great job with the color so far. But the show last night definately needs some work. I dont care if Innovus's colors are blue and gold. NDSU's colors are green and gold. Use their logo as much as you want on every graphic and background, I dont really care, but dont use colors that are not your schools. Let alone the one of your rival. Can you imagine the Ohio State coaches show using Maize and Blue in their background. Glad to FINALY see the coaches show as it should start already at least 2 weeks ago but it definately needs some work.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ to all that! ;)