PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State TV thread.. questions.

lakesbison
12-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Ok.

Channel 6 and ND state wise.

Minneapolis, Joe Senser's Bloomington, I believe.

ESPN Full Court.

BUT, I have Direct Tv at the lakes, and on the program schedule for Local 6, it says "paid Programming" tell me that's just a mistake, or not updated.

anyone else getting worried with Direct tv?

970AM and Thunder Radio too.

pwbnd
12-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Is there a webcast (video) for this game anywhere?

Gully
12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Ok.

Channel 6 and ND state wise.

Minneapolis, Joe Senser's Bloomington, I believe.

ESPN Full Court.

BUT, I have Direct Tv at the lakes, and on the program schedule for Local 6, it says "paid Programming" * tell me that's just a mistake, or not updated.

anyone else getting worried with Direct tv?

970AM and Thunder Radio too.

I'm always worried, what they black out doesn't always make sense. I will not be ordering any of the Direct TV sports packages anymore.

lakesbison
12-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I would think iowa state's website might have one

or http://mb31.scout.com/fiowastatefrm4

lakesbison
12-31-2006, 05:55 PM
GULLY direct tv will have the game if you have LOCAL CHANNELS

fargo, bismarck, grand forks, minot.

its not on the program guide, but I called and they said "IT WILL BE THERE!"

lakesbison
12-31-2006, 06:15 PM
channel 6 on direct tv.. is cutting out every freakin 5 seconds!!

CMON GUYS!! fix this sh.t

im out

lakesbison
12-31-2006, 06:23 PM
gotta watch it on WDAZ....

8 minutes into game

5 UND ad's..

they are tryin to sabotage this GAME!

its hilarious!!

NDSUFREAK10
12-31-2006, 06:53 PM
But you gotta love that they have to air the BISON in grand forks! ;D ;D

Tatanka
12-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks WDAY for televising this game. Outcome sucked but being able to watch it from the comfort of my living room was pretty cool.

Tatanka
12-31-2006, 08:50 PM
And yes, having this game shown by WDAZ (who I'm sure would have rather had the standard paid infomercials on instead of anything BISON) is pretty cool as well.

Mr._Burgundy
12-31-2006, 09:18 PM
It may be the last game that WDAY grabs. I was told they took a bath on it. Not enough advertising interest. Too bad really, I thought they did a great job. Trevor and Scott did a great job announcing.

Coach_W
12-31-2006, 09:44 PM
And yes, having this game shown by WDAZ (who I'm sure would have rather had the standard paid infomercials on instead of anything BISON) is pretty cool as well.

Just so you know, there are a few of us in the north that appreciate the Bison and their basketball program. It must be a sad life when your biggest worry is which part of the state hates you. :-[

lakesbison
12-31-2006, 10:22 PM
coach w.

98% of us at NDSU dont care at all about UND..

we welcome you as fans... honestly.

I just get mad with people (NDSU FANS- that keep bringing them up on this website... or bringing them up period when we havent played in 4 years going on 20 years I hope)

thanks for caring though, honestly.

GO GOPHER HOCKEY!!!

sambini
12-31-2006, 10:37 PM
It cut out on us at our work board room in Moorhead. But we ended getting the WDAZ signal also. Fun was had by all Cadillac,Dormie,Pat Simmers,the MAyor of Fargo, and of course the honored presence of GOOFY.. gOOD TO SEE HIM UP AND GETTING AROUND.

99Bison
01-01-2007, 04:06 AM
It may be the last game that WDAY grabs. *I was told they took a bath on it. *Not enough advertising interest. *Too bad really, I thought they did a great job. *Trevor and Scott did a great job announcing. *

Notice the Ad problem... Did they not try and sell ad's? Were they priced to high? If you can advertise on the early morning news cast you would think you could pull out some ads for this, no?

DIBISON
01-01-2007, 05:24 AM
The game was statewide on the ABC network!!

I believe that it is important to email or call WDAY TV and thank them for the TV coverage. Also, let NDSU know that it is important to televise Bison basketball games.

If it is indeed true that the advertising revenue and TV expenses don't equal, there may not be many more games on the tube.

So let WDAY & NDSU know that you watch the games and thank them.

Mr._Burgundy
01-01-2007, 04:25 PM
They did try to sell the ads, they always do a great job. The price was fair. I am not sure what their breakeven point is on selling the ads. If it was profitable, they would do it alot more often.

kchats
01-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Last weekend of the NFL season where the NFL lets markets without a home local game show doubleheaders on both FOX and CBS. That is a tough thing to go up against. KU's viewership is even lower when the Chiefs are on TV.