PDA

View Full Version : VCSU Game

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Anybody listening? Anybody care?

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:24 AM
21-12 NDSU leading with 9:58 to play in first half.

BisBison
01-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Anybody listening? *Anybody care? *

I've got it on ThunderRadio. We're ahead 32-18 5:30 left in the first half. Dre with 10 already, they have no answer for him. Lunde is in street clothes out with "health problems"

BisBison
01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
ThunderRadio is having some problems tonight. The stream stops all the time. :(

NDSUFREAK10
01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Didnt go to this game. Not really caring to tell you the truth. Valley City is what ever.

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Audio stream working OK for me. ;)

BisBison
01-10-2007, 12:36 AM
I hear you, but it would sure be nice for the guys to pick up an easy win to recharge the batterys.

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Bison not really as dominant as they should be in the first half.

BisBison
01-10-2007, 12:43 AM
39-22 at the half, let's see if the subs can hold the lead in the 2nd half.

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:44 AM
39 - 23

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:48 AM
No points off the bench for the Bison during the first half. Disappointing!

WYOBISONMAN
01-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Hey man........I just tuned in on the video feed........hows it going??

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey man........I just tuned in on the video feed........hows it going??
Bison up by 16 after 1st half. *Bison did not get that separation until near the end of the half. *Winkelman, Smith and Woodside with 10 points each. *Nelson with 6 and Moorman with 3. *No production from bench even though they have had some play time in first half.

WYOBISONMAN
01-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Lack of depth is killing the guys in this late stretch.......

SDbison
01-10-2007, 12:54 AM
The bench is either shooting cold or afraid to shoot and passing off to starters.

WYOBISONMAN
01-10-2007, 12:59 AM
........and the Go Bison feed is terrible.....keeps cutting out. I think I am going to go watch TV.... >:(

BisBison
01-10-2007, 01:18 AM
69-42 Bison. 1600+ at the game.

SDbison
01-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Final 89-50.

TheDoctor
01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Sold win tonight, I think everyone got to score. Tom Lunde was in street clothes again. I hope it wasn't another concussion or something. :(

NDSUstudent
01-10-2007, 02:35 AM
Sold win tonight, I think everyone got to score. *Tom Lunde was in street clothes again. *I hope it wasn't another concussion or something. * :(

I guess he has been sick, bumped heads in and hurt his ribs during practice. He is out indefinately according to Miles. As for the game the subs looked bad in the first half and then I think Miles got after them at the half because they played much better in the 2nd half. VCSU couldn't stop Luke or Dre in the paint which was good because the Bison weren't exactly shooting the lights out. I also think Susenguth and Vaughan are starting to get some more confidence since they both seemed more agressive out there but both still have a ways to go.

sambini
01-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Nice win ++

TheDoctor
01-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Sold win tonight, I think everyone got to score. *Tom Lunde was in street clothes again. *I hope it wasn't another concussion or something. * :(

I guess he has been sick, bumped heads in and hurt his ribs during practice. He is out indefinately according to Miles. As for the game the subs looked bad in the first half and then I think Miles got after them at the half because they played much better in the 2nd half. VCSU couldn't stop Luke or Dre in the paint which was good because the Bison weren't exactly shooting the lights out. I also think Susenguth and Vaughan are starting to get some more confidence since they both seemed more agressive out there but both still have a ways to go.

I was probably paying more attention to my 3 year old than the game in the first half * :-/, but I thought we were shooting pretty well. *I think we were shooting 76% to their 37% or something like that at the half. *Not too bad for a half of ball. *:-?

Trimmy
01-10-2007, 03:08 AM
Another fun night with my boy watching the Bison at the BSA.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2007, 03:19 AM

I was probably paying more attention to my 3 year old than the game in the first half * :-/, but I thought we were shooting pretty well. *I think we were shooting 76% to their 37% or something like that at the half. *Not too bad for a half of ball. *:-?

I know they shot at a high percentage but NDSU didn't look too good from mid to long range. The Bison did play agressive and took it to VCSU like you would expect and got a lot of points in the paint(64 to VCSU's 18) but I think they shot like 1 for 9 from the arc and not much better from mid range. I I liked what I saw anyway, I think NDSU sometimes settles on jumpers a bit too much and its good to see them taking it to another team in the paint and on drives.

TaTonka_31
01-10-2007, 04:41 AM
As was pointed out by the ThunderRadio guys, Miles was substituting early and often in the first half in this game. That may have contributed to somewhat of a slow start in building separation.

I think for the rest of the season you may see this type of line up mixes to try to build some depth for next season. At least with home games anyway.

TheDoctor
01-10-2007, 02:41 PM

I know they shot at a high percentage but NDSU didn't look too good from mid to long range. The Bison did play agressive and took it to VCSU like you would expect and got a lot of points in the paint(64 to VCSU's 18) but I think they shot like 1 for 9 from the arc and not much better from mid range. I I liked what I saw anyway, I think NDSU sometimes settles on jumpers a bit too much and its good to see them taking it to another team in the paint and on drives.

Like I said, I was probably chasing my 3 year old too much! ;D Good points!

lakesbison
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
B1SON AND TRIM...

You guys shouldve let your 3 year olds play for NDSU.

might of made it more interesting..

Mr._Burgundy
01-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, when I saw the VCSU was starting a player with a "tail," I quickly realized that we had better roll them up. That is correct fans, he had a tail. 1984 called and wanted his hair back. I cannot believe the students weren't all over the poor kid....his teammates should have been for that matter.

Hoopster
01-10-2007, 11:45 PM
B1SON AND TRIM...

Whats the point of talking like this? VCSU is what it is, an NAIA school. The bison have more money, more coaches, better facilities, and a D-I label to recruit students with, but you sit here and talk about their team like they were some piece of crap off the bottom of your shoe. No their guys are not as talented, but have a little bit of respect for their team and players, they just came into a game with every disadvantage in the world, played their hearts out for a full game against a bigger and stronger opponent.

If it was such a terrible game, THEN HOW ABOUT YOU DON'T SCHEDULE IT. Seriously, maybe think about who the pathetic team was, the guys playing against a more talented opponent looking for an upset, or the "D-I" school that is bringing in NAIA competition. At the very least, show a little bit of respect to your body bag opponent. I can promise you one thing, basketball fans in the area were not impressed seeing NDSU followed by VCSU on the score ticker the other night. In fact, I would say they thought as much about NDSU for playing that game as it seems most NDSU fans think about VCSU.

lakesbison
01-10-2007, 11:59 PM
relax dude

mr Burgandy and me are just messing around.

we have a lil inside thing going!!!

no disrespect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

HOOPSTER

*group hug burgandy with hoopy*

Trimmy
01-11-2007, 05:32 PM
B1SON AND TRIM...

He was too busy looking up the skirts of the cheerleaders! ;)

TheDoctor
01-11-2007, 08:32 PM
B1SON AND TRIM...

He was too busy looking up the skirts of the cheerleaders! *;)

I thought my 3 year old was going to end up on the court. *We sit in the first row on the North end (my little guy likes to ram hit truck into the back of McFeeley's chair! *;D). *Anyway, he gave his truck a little extra push the other night and luckily the court is raised off the floor a little bit, because it and he almost ended up on the court! *;D

TheDoctor
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
B1SON AND TRIM...

Whats the point of talking like this? *VCSU is what it is, an NAIA school. *The bison have more money, more coaches, better facilities, and a D-I label to recruit students with, but you sit here and talk about their team like they were some piece of crap off the bottom of your shoe. *No their guys are not as talented, but have a little bit of respect for their team and players, they just came into a game with every disadvantage in the world, played their hearts out for a full game against a bigger and stronger opponent.

*If it was such a terrible game, THEN HOW ABOUT YOU DON'T SCHEDULE IT. *Seriously, maybe think about who the pathetic team was, the guys playing against a more talented opponent looking for an upset, or the "D-I" school that is bringing in NAIA competition. *At the very least, show a little bit of respect to your body bag opponent. *I can promise you one thing, basketball fans in the area were not impressed seeing NDSU followed by VCSU on the score ticker the other night. *In fact, I would say they thought as much about NDSU for playing that game as it seems most NDSU fans think about VCSU.

Don't mind Mr. Burgundy! :) I remember in 4th grade when he grew his duck tail, he was sooooo proud of it. He just doesn't realize how long it takes fashion statements to leave the "BIG city" and make it 60 miles down the highway. Well guess what, it just reached Valley City. ;D Seriously though, they are just having a little fun. P.S.- Don't think I am hating on VC at all, I loved the 6 years I spent there. :)

bisonhusker
01-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Scheduling is very difficult, and you end up in a no win situation. Schedule VC and people get upset.....or you end up on the road all year. Again, the conference will remove this problem. I hope nobody is thinking we played a soft schedule. My how the expectations have risen.

TheDoctor
01-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Scheduling is very difficult, and you end up in a no win situation. *Schedule VC and people get upset.....or you end up on the road all year. *Again, the conference will remove this problem. *I hope nobody is thinking we played a soft schedule. *My how the expectations have risen.

Very true! Plus the NCAA allows you to schedule these 3 games to give you the opportunity to develop your bench so when the probationary period is over, your WHOLE team is ready for the D1 level. Our problem was, our starting five developed to fast and we started out what should have been our 3rd developmental year with expectations of making the NIT. Therefore, until the Iowa State loss confirmed for EVERYONE that the NIT hopes were over, Miles had been apprehensive about developing bench players for fear of losing a game. Now that the dream for this season is over, we've started developing the dream for next year which includes developing a consistent bench.

Trimmy
01-11-2007, 11:17 PM
B1SON AND TRIM...

I thought my 3 year old was going to end up on the court. *We sit in the first row on the North end (my little guy likes to ram hit truck into the back of McFeeley's chair! *;D). *Anyway, he gave his truck a little extra push the other night and luckily the court is raised off the floor a little bit, because it and he almost ended up on the court! *;D

We sit on the North side too, right under the hoop. Well, actually we end up all over BSA, but kind of make a home base under the hoop.

We probably saw each other and didn't even realize it!

TheDoctor
01-13-2007, 06:05 AM
B1SON AND TRIM...

We sit on the North side too, right under the hoop. *Well, actually we end up all over BSA, but kind of make a home base under the hoop. *

We probably saw each other and didn't even realize it!

PROBABLY! Were North East - right behind Mike McNegative :).